Hatred, bitterness, envy and no patience?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Asking for prayer. I’m in a bad place. Realizing or seeing hatred, bitterness and envy in my heart. I don’t understand because those things seem to be rising up and with them, I’ve been experiencing no patience whatsoever. I don’t understand because I want Him to change my heart but everywhere I look there are those things inside me. Not peace, no love, no mercy, no joy but instead something else. Doubt also and an attitude of what is the point? Has anyone else experienced bitterness, hatred, envy and lack of patience?

It's possible this could be chemically related, Victory. I went through this when I started experiencing heavy caffeine build up in my system. I kept getting mad as Hell at the slightest things until suddenly I realized something was seriously wrong with me. When I laid off the caffeine for awhile, things went back to normal. So pray and ask the Lord to reveal to you if maybe some form of chemical imbalance might also be playing a part in your moods.

God bless,
- H

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that you see these things in yourself and recognize them as wrong tell me all I need to know. It is the job of the deceiver to have you believe those feelings are who you really are. But it nearly always just magnifies Gods power and presence in a believers life. In your weakness His strength is made perfect. We get caught up sometimes believing we are defined by the times we failed rather than our victories. I will be praying for you and that you see you how God sees you....
Well said, I can really relate with these words....Bless you APAK

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Asking for prayer. I’m in a bad place. Realizing or seeing hatred, bitterness and envy in my heart. I don’t understand because those things seem to be rising up and with them, I’ve been experiencing no patience whatsoever. I don’t understand because I want Him to change my heart but everywhere I look there are those things inside me. Not peace, no love, no mercy, no joy but instead something else. Doubt also and an attitude of what is the point? Has anyone else experienced bitterness, hatred, envy and lack of patience?

You are actually in a good place rather than a bad place. You have to come to see your poverty before you will ask for what you see you lack. If you SEE you are yet poor in spirit and are like everyone else, you cry out again. It is God who has blessed you tremendously to let you see you are no different than others and have the same poverty. Say to Him that you see your hideous poverty and know what is in you, and ask for His love. He blesses those who see their poverty and admit their poverty and ASK for what they yet lack.

we are all poor in spirit, but He blesses those who SEE it and ask. He will release you from your passions. He just can’t do it until you are ready to die and say, I must decrease and He must increase.