Have i come to the place where i can ask serious questions about scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have questions to which i havent found the answers yet
Old Testament or New Testament?
Insulting or really want to know?

All kinds of answers and all sorts of people who think they know. So whatcha got?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your title asks if you have come to a place to ask serious questions.

This in only what I’ve learned from being here (on the board) for at least five years.

First, you are going to get a lot of answers like the one telling you that you left out the apostrophe in havent.

What I do like about asking serious questions here. One is the process of elimination. The process of eliminating what isn’t the right answer.

I like that in sharing your serious questions —I’ve always found it helpful to work them out; outside of my own head. Writing those questions down. Later you can come back to those questions you asked and sometimes see that, hey that is resolved. I no longer have that question! Point is …asking serious questions here to me is like journaling and allowing others …to weigh in.

I do think it’s helpful to share your serious questions. But you asked if this is the place to have those answered. Ultimately, I don’t think you’ll find the answer here, but it helps provoke you to kept seeking. (Imo)

For example when I first started reading God’s word…my serious questions were regarding women. Being female I wanted to know why God hated me or why being a weak vessel was such an ugly and deplorable thing. I needed to know those answers because of my past history and experiences, and because of the thought inside my head that prevented my relationship with God. I hated reading in the Old Testament where the woman caught in adultery was made to drink bitter water. Where she had to go before the priest and be put on her knees and made to drink… I needed to know asking God “Who are you?!?!” Even admitting “I don’t know if I even like You God?!?!” That is resolved. I no longer have those questions. I moved on to new questions. BUT it wasn’t the board that answered or resolved those tough questions for me…I genuinely think it was God helping work them out through verses He brought to my attention. For example…the bitter water passage that I hated, became one of my favorites when Christ is at the center of it. Late one night…seeing Him in that passage changed how I felt about it. It went from “a curse” to “Liberty” in “And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.” Numbers 5:18,28

I shared the above to suggest you ask God your serious questions. Stay in the Word and don’t be surprised if He answers …it’s weird to be reading and then one day(could be months later, or a year) where a passage that you read …it’s a direct answer to your serious question. It happens. I’ve found when God resolves your serious questions…you never have those same questions.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you quickly realize whom not to ask,such as the grammar hound who first introduced themselves as one who isn't interested in assisting you. Rather,they prefer to condemn your writing style. That is not one to ask how to read scripture.

Ask your questions. There are many who are Christian here and would enjoy lending our assistance.

Welcome. And God bless.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you quickly realize whom not to ask,such as the grammar hound who first introduced themselves as one who isn't interested in assisting you. Rather,they prefer to condemn your writing style. That is not one to ask how to read scripture.

Ask your questions. There are many who are Christian here and would enjoy lending our assistance.

Welcome. And God bless.
The new member @Kabone lists as 24 and from Earth. Yeah, that's right, and then expects to get all serious.