Have you ever been disappointed in what you read in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well, as i currently understand it, the law of sin and death was a real thing, an actual law? That we might still be (more or less, spiritually iow) subject to in the world, but since you say that we are all still subject to it, yet Christ says we are freed from it…i guess im not getting the disconnect there
It is Paul who pulls this baby apart...ie, explains it. He uses the expressions 'in Adam' and 'in Christ' Romans 5...check it

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The outer man is not freed from the law of sin and death. The outer man must die and we are told to pick up our cross and follow to put that outer man to death and we come to want that when we see that he will always cause us trouble. He will always stop up the well of living water in us so it cannot flow out. The outer man will always work against the Spirit and will never be subject to the Spirit. If we want to ever be able to minister life to others and to walk in the Spirit in the kingdom of God, the outer man has to die. We cannot crucify ourselves, but we can cooperate and agree to our death. We can summon our courage and let the word of God show us ourselves as we truly are and allow God to divide asunder the joints(outer man) from the marrow (inner man.) Until our outer man dies, we will struggle with the enemy of the flesh/outer man as he tries to rule over the inner man to whom life has been imparted.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand these things are attributed to God......yet if we view God without the lens of Jesus (who is God defined) we will come up with the picture of God Satan wants us to have, ie a schizophrenic God who is unpredictable.
Did Jesus ever fry the opposition?
But you are comparing apples to oranges...it grieves God to have to destroy what He created...but the enemy has polluted the heart and minds of millions. Those who refuse to believe in the very existence of the one who created them become the evil that is out to destroy them.

Reactions: Davy and Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But you are comparing apples to oranges...it grieves God to have to destroy what He created...but the enemy has polluted the heart and minds of millions. Those who refuse to believe in the very existence of the one who created them become the evil that is out to destroy them.
God does not destroy.....he doesn't need to. Evil has within it the seeds of its own destruction. God is in the business of saving from death not perpetrating it. Consider Jesus's purpose. His objective is to liberate from oppression .....even the oppression of death.......and Jesus is the very image of God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that's your good news?

That again is where those like yourself and I differ, because I actually understand HOW Lord Jesus is going to do that future slaughter of Revelation 19 upon the wicked and haughty of this world, and it won't actually kill their souls. Their souls will still be preserved in order to stand before Him in Judgment either as a later convert to Christ, or cast into the future "lake of fire". Like Peter said in 2 Peter 3, it is not God's will that all should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No I haven't because I have faith in God and his word. What I have been disappointed in are all those people who think they are an authority on the bible but you can tell by what they say or write they do not have a clue about the subject matter.