Have you ever been disappointed in what you read in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you find it offensive Davy that I insist Jesus is the full revelation of God?

You still are not fooling me, I read your hatred against my Heavenly Father and His Son that you wrote in your #47 post. And your lack of understanding about Lord Jesus as God Who existed back in OLD TESTAMENT TIMES TOO WITH THE FATHER! So if you hate what The Father did back in Old Testament history, then it means you hate what Jesus did too, because Jesus was with Him back then!

But no, you're probably some Judaizer that doesn't believe Jesus even existed back in Old Testament times, so why should anyone with common sense even listen to you?

GOD is most fair... and JUST... when He knocked a few heads back in history, and so will His Son Jesus be JUST also in the future when He comes to knock a few heads too! Jesus COME!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You still are not fooling me, I read your hatred against my Heavenly Father and His Son that you wrote in your #47 post. And your lack of understanding about Lord Jesus as God Who existed back in OLD TESTAMENT TIMES TOO WITH THE FATHER! So if you hate what The Father did back in Old Testament history, then it means you hate what Jesus did too, because Jesus was with Him back then!

But no, you're probably some Judaizer that doesn't believe Jesus even existed back in Old Testament times, so why should anyone with common sense even listen to you?

GOD is most fair... and JUST... when He knocked a few heads back in history, and so will His Son Jesus be JUST also in the future when He comes to knock a few heads too! Jesus COME!
Your logic encouraged the inquisitions. It is the logic which continues self seeking .....all in the name of God

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP^

No.
However routinely shocked at how little;
people know or understand Scripture.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He spoke in a dream to Pilates wife. She was not a Jew.
And on the day of Pentecost, there were non Jews present who all heard the gospel in their own languages.

Of course I want to know the experience you spoke of! :)

True He has communicated in dreams with some. Those who heard was hearing in their own language from those who had received holy spirit and were speaking in tongues Grace.

My experience: We believe there is one faith, and the Bible confirms Jehovah only has one group of people, and the multiple faiths you see today left the faith Acts 20:29,30. I started studying with Jehovah's witnesses early in 1974 while in the Marines. I didn't have a car, so I depended on the bus system to get to the meetings. After the meetings many times I would spend the day at the USO if I had nothing else to do, but it was in a bad section of town. One Sunday I was going to the bus station and a man with a Bible in his hand approached me and we walked together, I was very zealous at the time so I initiated a Bible conversation, a few blocks later we walked past a church, I was between him and the church when the pastor came out and asked us if we were saved. I quoted the passage that states the one who endures to the end will be saved sir.

His demeanor changed and he become very afraid, and his arms were straight out, it was like he was being dragged backwards, literally sliding and stumbling like there were one person on each arm dragging him. He slammed against the wall of his church with his arms straight out and shaking, and barely able to speak he shouted you demon over and over. I was giggling, and I have no idea what the guy I was with was doing. We turned and walked on, and I said that was an amazing experience, he agreed and then we parted ways.

I began thinking about it, and wondered if I was in danger and God sent an angel to protect me. We had many Marines in that area hurt, in fact so much so our base commander put troops in town to patrol, even to keep the police in line.

To this date I wondered what happened, at the time I thought it was an act, but there were literal slide marks in the dirt from his boot heals like he was being dragged back, and he wasn't Michael
Jackson;). I honestly do not know what happened, but it was extremely weird.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for sharing that. I had thought maybe you wouldn’t.
I don’t think of faith like you do, as a certain denomination. I just think faith means trust. And I think there are men hidden in all denominations who trust God, even despite what their indoctrination’s do to try to hold them back.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your logic encouraged the inquisitions. It is the logic which continues self seeking .....all in the name of God

It's a very lenient and compassionate thing for The Father having given all Judgment to His Son Jesus Christ, because no flesh man can be as Just as Him. So when He declared the SLAUGHTER HE has already said He will do upon the WICKED and unbelieving, it is not going to be an enjoyable time for those who slander Him.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point. I’m dissapointed I am cannot understand fully the entire meaning. I’m just overwhelmed. But I guess this is the point. God is an overwhelming and beyond real. It takes lifetimes to begin to understand fully.

Im on my way..
The Bible says Jesus taught in parables to confound the wise....
Matthew 13 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁰ And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
¹¹ He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
¹² For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
¹³ Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
¹⁴ And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
¹⁵ For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
¹⁶ But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
¹⁷ For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

So the hidden wisdom of God is given to those who seek Him. You can't begin to understand scripture with a regular human mindset..(carnal mind)...you have to have a spiritual mind to understand spiritual things.

Just like Nicodemus when Jesus told him he must be born again. Nicodemus, in his human reasoning, asked Jesus...How can I enter my mother's womb and be born again?
Then Jesus explained to him what he must do to be born again.

So just keep seeking and asking God to open your eyes to see.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's a very lenient and compassionate thing for The Father having given all Judgment to His Son Jesus Christ, because no flesh man can be as Just as Him. So when He declared the SLAUGHTER HE has already said He will do upon the WICKED and unbelieving, it is not going to be an enjoyable time for those who slander Him.
I suppose that's your good news?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
thanks for sharing that. I had thought maybe you wouldn’t.
I don’t think of faith like you do, as a certain denomination. I just think faith means trust. And I think there are men hidden in all denominations who trust God, even despite what their indoctrination’s do to try to hold them back.
Jesus parable of the net gathering all types of fish illustrates this

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
“12x12000” is another fairly obvious allusion imo
Sure......on several occasions. I s'pose you want to know why or where?
When God is portrayed in OT accounts of ordering genocide, drowning people or burning them I am disappointed that the writers had such a poor view of God's character.

Hebrews 1:1-3 tells us that God is just like Jesus.....in fact, I've learned that his whole purpose in becoming a man was so we could get a first hand view of what God is like......and for the life of me I cannot imagine Jesus doing the things which some of the OT writers attributed to God.

Hebrews 1:1-3 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
that kinda bugged me too, but i guess a valid argument can be made that that was during the giving of the law, and Conquest Genre is the literary form most often used OT; meaning that those should not be read literally?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

that kinda bugged me too, but i guess a valid argument can be made that that was during the giving of the law, and Conquest Genre is the literary form most often used OT; meaning that those should not be read literally?
God destroys evil all the time. Even our own recent wars...God caused certain events to take place to stop the enemy from accomplishing what he intended. Russia for example....
It's like this....conquer or be conquered. If Godly people do nothing to stop the enemy then they will be conquered and overtaken by the enemy and forced to live by the enemy's rules.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

God has never changed the NT tells us.....this is the truth Jesus came to bear witness to ......this is his defining statement to Pilate.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God destroys evil all the time. Even our own recent wars...God caused certain events to take place to stop the enemy from accomplishing what he intended. Russia for example....
It's like this....conquer or be conquered. If Godly people do nothing to stop the enemy then they will be conquered and overtaken by the enemy and forced to live by the enemy's rules.
id wanna marinate on a thoughtful reply to this

Reactions: Heart2Soul

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God has never changed the NT tells us.....this is the truth Jesus came to bear witness to ......this is his defining statement to Pilate.
i would agree there, but idt that precludes that the Bible was written in several diff genres? God hasnt changed, sure, but we are now freed from the law of sin and death right

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God destroys evil with kindness. Not the mamby pamby kindness which is a masquerade. Jesus said God send his rain on the just and the unjust.
It is the Serpent who has the power of death according to Jesus in John 10:10. God is not a destroyer.....he is a life giver........or have we missed the truth Jesus came to bear witness to?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i would agree there, but idt that precludes that the Bible was written in several diff genres? God hasnt changed, sure, but we are now freed from the law of sin and death right
in our experience here and now we are all subject to it ie, the law of sin and death.....so you will need to explain how you see your statement/quote

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God destroys evil with kindness. Not the mamby pamby kindness which is a masquerade. Jesus said God send his rain on the just and the unjust.
It is the Serpent who has the power of death according to Jesus in John 10:10. God is not a destroyer.....he is a life giver........or have we missed the truth Jesus came to bear witness to?
Well the Bible says different...the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, Pagan worshippers, Egypt....
And as prophesied in the future He will destroy evil even more....Revelation-seals, vials, bowls, trumpets....Armageddon....

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well the Bible says different...the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, Pagan worshippers, Egypt....
And as prophesied in the future He will destroy evil even more....Revelation-seals, vials, bowls, trumpets....Armageddon....
I understand these things are attributed to God......yet if we view God without the lens of Jesus (who is God defined) we will come up with the picture of God Satan wants us to have, ie a schizophrenic God who is unpredictable.
Did Jesus ever fry the opposition?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
in our experience here and now we are all subject to it ie, the law of sin and death.....so you will need to explain how you see your statement/quote
well, as i currently understand it, the law of sin and death was a real thing, an actual law? That we might still be (more or less, spiritually iow) subject to in the world, but since you say that we are all still subject to it, yet Christ says we are freed from it…i guess im not getting the disconnect there