"Have you ever had a spiritual paranormal encounter?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now brother this we can agree on!
In spite our other differences I thought I saw this in you. Some people need to be reminded about it. Newer people may need to be told about it so that somehow the love in them for God will grow continuously for so long as they have time.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
*sigh* the question is not IF he speaks, it is HOW he speaks.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I guess David you are just not listening,

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

and again

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I guess you need to read teh bible.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Strawman argument.
What like this,

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Are you a farmer you seem like so many religious men to know a lot about straw man, I dont think Jesus ever mentioned one ever in His gospels.

Reactions: Helen

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Very, very good, Helen!

Perhaps the times on those old forums, especially the ones @Mike Waters started and led. He perhaps does not realize what a very good thing he did there! I like this forum, but it is very big and diluted by the all of the miscellany contained herein. It may be the best thing going, but does it hold a candle to those others gone by?

I feel very humbled to think that I might have been used of God in any way in bringing blessing to a few lives.
May God grant that I continue to do so in my present guise.
But I guess I will always be a 'marmite man for God' in his purpose of bringing the sword that divides rather than peace (although that division is surely meant to be between believers and unbelievers rather than between believer and believer).
But then again we're told that iron sharpens iron and I presume that to be for the good of all believers.

Last edited:

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In spite our other differences I thought I saw this in you. Some people need to be reminded about it. Newer people may need to be told about it so that somehow the love in them for God will grow continuously for so long as they have time.

I have a feeling that many of us might see the 'better side' of David if we try hard enough.
And I hope the same might be said of others (me included?? )

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mike,

My paranormal experiences seemed to happen in bunches, so dramatically so that I felt like St. Paul. But then inexplicably long dry spells would ensue, which made me feel like God had put me on the shelf! If the cause was unconfessed sin or a failure to act even more boldly in faith, those causes eluded my understanding. But here is what I do know: you can' try to believe. Built into the concept of trying is the unconscious convictions of inevitable failure.

That's why it seldom works when believers try to pressure someone to speak in tongues. By my lifelong discernment, if they succeed, the result will likely be gibberish of the flesh. We must remember that the Holy Spirit doesn't jump just because we crack our whip. Success usually comes only after an open-minded long period in which we long for more of God and seek the Giver, not the gift, while letting God know that would appreciate the gift. In my experience, the real thing feels like a divine ambush, in which one is quickly overwhelmed and controlled by the Spirit. The gradual intensification of one's awareness of the beauty of God's holiness eventually creates the fear that one might not survive the encounter, an encounter that is more awesome even than the birth of one's first child. I was interested to learn that when famed evangelist, D. L. Moody was Spirit baptized, he felt the need to ask God to stop the ever intensifying blessing lest he die! btw, Moody's Spirit baptism was pre-Azusa Street revival and thus did not involve speaking in tongues. I'm sobered by the realization that had nor I been Spirit baptized so dramatically and had I not had timely and continual paranormal experiences in the Spirit, I would probably have abandoned the faith! I have been exposed to so much Christian flimflam and hypocrisy in the life that I have often been extremely skeptical. I'm so greatful to God for noticing that and giving me exactly what I need to find Him real and revel in this awesome spiritual journey.

Stay tuned for my resumption of my "Journey" thread. Why the delay? Well, I'm a lazy bachelor who eats out in restaurants daily and I'm now trying to stop this by training myself to be a gourmet cook. Slow progress-- and I freak out when my lady friends ask, "So when do I get to taste one of your culinary masterpieces?"

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In August 2013 I had what I thought was a stroke affecting the whole of the R/H side of my face. My first response was to ask for prayer and I asked who I should ask and at church the next day I felt led to ask a young man who was new Christian.

I felt complete peace at this time but the following day my daughter insisted I went to the doctor and I was admitted to hospital I was grey and not able to smile, close my right eye, taste food, or drink without drooling. I spent four days in hospital and was diagnosed as having Bell’s Palsy and told the effects could take a year to heal.

I came home on the evening of Thursday 22nd August and only because the guy who had prayed for me had gone to this meeting I watched the Live Stream from the revival in Cwmbran on Saturday 24th As I watched I joined in the worship and listened as the speaker spoke about the faith of the centurion.

At the end of the preach he called people out for prayer and then just before he stepped off the platform he pointed at me – through the camera – and said that Jesus would heal my face and my eye. I gasped audibly and quite loudly and then a few minutes later I began to feel a tingling sensation in the R/H side of my face, especially round my eye.

I could feel the sensation trickling down the side of my face and then the muscles began to gently contract and tighten up. When Ray, who had been out of the room for a short while, came back in he was amazed at the difference in me in just a few short minutes. My face was pink again; my smile was back and could close my eye and drink properly and taste my food.

I just KNEW that God had healed me. It was truly wonderful.

Praise God sister!

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If the written scriptures Not brought to Life in a person by the Holy Spirit are Not the Word of God, as I believe, it certainly undercuts the idea that God only speaks through/according the scriptures.
we have a saying, "from the mouths of babes," that maybe applies in there somewhere

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Now brother this we can agree on!
but when i tell you...well, nevermind. Believers are just so susceptible to compliments lol.
Knowledge brings sorrow, eh. Maybe think about this next time you're singing "When We All Get to Heaven" ok. Bc wadr a much better song for us goes "your love's like rhinestones, falling from the sky" m taylor. have a nice day

you and your sons will be here with me
agree on that imo

501 (6)
c3 (6)
1023 (6)
agree on that

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What like this,

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Are you a farmer you seem like so many religious men to know a lot about straw man, I dont think Jesus ever mentioned one ever in His gospels.
Either you are trolling or you just don't know what a strawman argument is. Either way this post just made you look ignorant.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I guess David you are just not listening,

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

and again

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I guess you need to read teh bible.
Oh I read the Bible. And you take verses out of context which means absolutely nothing.

Example, Gal 1, Paul was AN APOSTLE. There are no more apostles. They are the ones that received special revelation. Not us.

John 14, yes, a helper. The Spirit helps us discern and gives wisdom. He does not give us special new messages outside of Scripture.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thank you for sharing this video. I’ve only watched the beginning but plan to watch it all as soon as I can. I love music and have it on all the time either in the car or in the kitchen while I’m cleaning or cooking. It is always K-Love. My grand babies come in and even our two year old knows all the words and sings them. The other day she was singing so loudly “Lord, forgive me.” Almost all the songs come out of bethel. I get so annoyed when K-Love starts taking about money and pushing it during their drives. As here, sometimes I get so negative about K-Love and Bethel but then I go through things in life and really listen to the words which are edifying. I’m amazed at how many of the songs of the people coming out of bethel speak comfort when needed. The video you shared was fair that some of it may be fake but can we say all coming from Bethel is fake. They may get a lot wrong. But they are at least trying to build up others to rejoice in Him. Cant wait to get the time to watch the whole video. Might learn something. Thanks again.

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
thank you for sharing this video. I’ve only watched the beginning but plan to watch it all as soon as I can. I love music and have it on all the time either in the car or in the kitchen while I’m cleaning or cooking. It is always K-Love. My grand babies come in and even our two year old knows all the words and sings them. The other day she was singing so loudly “Lord, forgive me.” Almost all the songs come out of bethel. I get so annoyed when K-Love starts taking about money and pushing it during their drives. As here, sometimes I get so negative about K-Love and Bethel but then I go through things in life and really listen to the words which are edifying. I’m amazed at how many of the songs of the people coming out of bethel speak comfort when needed. The video you shared was fair that some of it may be fake but can we say all coming from Bethel is fake. They may get a lot wrong. But they are at least trying to build up others to rejoice in Him. Cant wait to get the time to watch the whole video. Might learn something. Thanks again.

People are almost never pure evil or pure good. Most of us fall somewhere in between. But there is a great danger in preaching a false gospel....in spite of the best intentions that would seem to promote the kingdom of God. Remember Uzzah tried to help by steadying the cart that the ark was upon. That's how I see many of these modern purveyors of signs and wonders.

And what if some of the healings are real? Why can't God send these false teachers some actual healings? God is able to send strong delusion...by just being merciful...in giving healings. Does this mean that the ministry of the one in error is legitimized? Well, at least that one and his followers think so.

When we take the focus off of the actual kingdom realm and put it on physical manifestations of God's favour....we will ALWAYS go astray.

And then there is the false doctrines that are behind the movement. If we don't love the truth...then we are fair game to receive according to OUR own works.