"Have you ever had a spiritual paranormal encounter?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are almost never pure evil or pure good. Most of us fall somewhere in between. But there is a great danger in preaching a false gospel....in spite of the best intentions that would seem to promote the kingdom of God. Remember Uzzah tried to help by steadying the cart that the ark was upon. That's how I see many of these modern purveyors of signs and wonders.

And what if some of the healings are real? Why can't God send these false teachers some actual healings? God is able to send strong delusion...by just being merciful...in giving healings. Does this mean that the ministry of the one in error is legitimized? Well, at least that one and his followers think so.

When we take the focus off of the actual kingdom realm and put it on physical manifestations of God's favour....we will ALWAYS go astray.

And then there is the false doctrines that are behind the movement. If we don't love the truth...then we are fair game to receive according to OUR own works.
Actually Scripture says none are good.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually Scripture says none are good.

Sure it does. But the bible also says that Jesus said that without Him we can do nothing. So we can do you have done and take that out of context too and be just as unbalanced in your opinions as yourself.

None are as good as God...and without Jesus we can do nothing eternal. So you have to learn to interpret by the Spirit and not by the carnal mind. So that leaves you unemployable for anything good UNTIL you surrender your opinions to God.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it does. But the bible also says that Jesus said that without Him we can do nothing. So we can do you have done and take that out of context too and be just as unbalanced in your opinions as yourself.

None are as good as God...and without Jesus we can do nothing eternal. So you have to learn to interpret by the Spirit and not by the carnal mind. So that leaves you unemployable for anything good UNTIL you surrender your opinions to God.
Actually, no, it is not "none are as good as God." It is none are good at all.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually, no, it is not "none are as good as God." It is none are good at all.

That's false of course. The bible both refutes your opinions AND identifies what you are doing. When you see through darkness...all appears as dark. But to use the bible to deny the truth written elsewhere in the bible is being willfully blind...as well as being in darkness.

Here's just a few verses that contradict your understanding.

Acts 11:24

for he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith And considerable numbers were brought to the Lord.

Psalm 37:37

Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright; For the man of peace will have a posterity.

Proverbs 12:2

A good man will obtain favor from the LORD, But He will condemn a man who devises evil.

Proverbs 2:20

So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.

Isaiah 3:10

Say to the righteous that it will go well with them, For they will eat the fruit of their actions.

etc...

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's false of course. The bible both refutes your opinions AND identifies what you are doing. When you see through darkness...all appears as dark. But to use the bible to deny the truth written elsewhere in the bible is being willfully blind...as well as being in darkness.

Here's just a few verses that contradict your understanding.

Acts 11:24

for he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith And considerable numbers were brought to the Lord.

Psalm 37:37

Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright; For the man of peace will have a posterity.

Proverbs 12:2

A good man will obtain favor from the LORD, But He will condemn a man who devises evil.

Proverbs 2:20

So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous.

Isaiah 3:10

Say to the righteous that it will go well with them, For they will eat the fruit of their actions.

etc...
Yes, AFTER they have been regenerated. Not before.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, AFTER they have been regenerated. Not before.

You claim to be regenerated I would guess...and yet you are not good. So it is pointless talking to someone who is both in darkness and prefers to obscure the truth.

And you have ceded the point that no person is good. So you are just looking to be disagreeable...which works for you very well.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a feeling that many of us might see the 'better side' of David if we try hard enough.
And I hope the same might be said of others (me included?? )
David is the realistic possibility for any of us mere men of flesh to look upon. We look to Jesus, the perfect example. However, because of our history and because even now after having come to know Him, we still find ourselves stumbling, and in down times almost losing hope. Yes, with all we have experienced and known of and in God, between the times when we really are in the Spirit, there is sin. Then we can read about David and see that there is still hope in spite of our stumbles because our heart, like David's, remains directed toward God. David is called the 'apple of His eye' and a 'man after His own heart', yet he was in his time, disobedient, an adulterer, and a murderer! Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Helen

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claim to be regenerated I would guess...and yet you are not good. So it is pointless talking to someone who is both in darkness and prefers to obscure the truth.

And you have ceded the point that no person is good. So you are just looking to be disagreeable...which works for you very well.
Now you are purposefully twisting my words. After regeneration, when we are saved, we are declared righteous in Christ, not in of ourselves. We can do good after salvation because of Christ.

I'm not being disagreeable to just argue, I am pointing out flawed theology that goes against Scripture. Yet you deceive and twist my words.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we have a saying, "from the mouths of babes," that maybe applies in there somewhere
Even so my friend! And does not Jesus emphasize this?

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matt 19:14

"Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me." Mark 9:37

"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." Mark 10:15

Early on when a child learns to talk by imitating his parents and others, the worst of words learned [as men count 'worst'] is clean coming out of his mouth. Eventually someone will teach him that what he is saying is, 'dirty' and then it will be dirty for him as well! Then I guess he is no longer such a 'child'!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In August 2013 I had what I thought was a stroke affecting the whole of the R/H side of my face. My first response was to ask for prayer and I asked who I should ask and at church the next day I felt led to ask a young man who was new Christian.

I felt complete peace at this time but the following day my daughter insisted I went to the doctor and I was admitted to hospital I was grey and not able to smile, close my right eye, taste food, or drink without drooling. I spent four days in hospital and was diagnosed as having Bell’s Palsy and told the effects could take a year to heal.

I came home on the evening of Thursday 22nd August and only because the guy who had prayed for me had gone to this meeting I watched the Live Stream from the revival in Cwmbran on Saturday 24th As I watched I joined in the worship and listened as the speaker spoke about the faith of the centurion.

At the end of the preach he called people out for prayer and then just before he stepped off the platform he pointed at me – through the camera – and said that Jesus would heal my face and my eye. I gasped audibly and quite loudly and then a few minutes later I began to feel a tingling sensation in the R/H side of my face, especially round my eye.

I could feel the sensation trickling down the side of my face and then the muscles began to gently contract and tighten up. When Ray, who had been out of the room for a short while, came back in he was amazed at the difference in me in just a few short minutes. My face was pink again; my smile was back and could close my eye and drink properly and taste my food.

I just KNEW that God had healed me. It was truly wonderful.
I only just now read this. What a truly wondrous God we serve! Give God the glory, indeed!

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are almost never pure evil or pure good. Most of us fall somewhere in between. But there is a great danger in preaching a false gospel....in spite of the best intentions that would seem to promote the kingdom of God. Remember Uzzah tried to help by steadying the cart that the ark was upon. That's how I see many of these modern purveyors of signs and wonders.

And what if some of the healings are real? Why can't God send these false teachers some actual healings? God is able to send strong delusion...by just being merciful...in giving healings. Does this mean that the ministry of the one in error is legitimized? Well, at least that one and his followers think so.

When we take the focus off of the actual kingdom realm and put it on physical manifestations of God's favour....we will ALWAYS go astray.

And then there is the false doctrines that are behind the movement. If we don't love the truth...then we are fair game to receive according to OUR own works.

listened to the video and am only about half way through and already so many thoughts coming up. One would be “strengthen that which remains.” Which would be the main disagreement I’d have with Bill Johnson’s teaching. As what is he promoting being strengthened? That which perishes, or that which remains?

What remains? My husband helped me this morning with this “what remains”. What does God mean “strengthen that which remains” now these abide: Faith, Hope, and Charity. The greatest of these is charity. Remember Peter and the Lord telling him once he was converted “feed my sheep” to “strengthen your brethren.” Strengthen your brethren with Faith, Hope, and Charity. Of course there is the passage of those things which are shaken and removed that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. “Strengthen that which remains.”

Revelation 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain,(Feed My sheep, strengthen the brethren) that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

in the video at the beginning he touches on the apostles teaching of breaking of bread and how Bill Johnson distorts it to his teaching. Consider 1 Corinthians 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

always assumed that meant the ones feeding themselves and were drunk were weak and sickly. But is it not the lack for “many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.” Paul goes into great detail of “what I have been given I gave to you. Then illuminates how Christ even when he was about to be betrayed broke bread and said: this is my body broken, which I give for you. “many are weak and sickly among“ because of those refusing to feed “the sick and weak” but instead consuming it all up for themselves. The “weak and sick” go away hungry in “not tarrying for one another”. The worse is being said in many go “weak and sick” because you ”do not strengthen that which remains”. 2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

1 Corinthians 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
listened to the video and am only about half way through and already so many thoughts coming up. One would be “strengthen that which remains.” Which would be the main disagreement I’d have with Bill Johnson’s teaching. As what is he promoting being strengthened? That which perishes, or that which remains?

What remains? My husband helped me this morning with this “what remains”. What does God mean “strengthen that which remains” now these abide: Faith, Hope, and Charity. The greatest of these is charity. Remember Peter and the Lord telling him once he was converted to “strengthen your brethren.” Strengthen your brethren with Faith, Hope, and Charity. Of course there is the passage of those things which are shaken and removed that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. “Strengthen that which remains.”

Revelation 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain,(Feed My sheep, strengthen the brethren) that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

in the video at the beginning he touches on the apostles teaching of breaking of bread and how Bill Johnson distorts it to his teaching. Consider 1 Corinthians 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

always assumed that meant the ones feeding themselves and were drunk were weak and sickly. But it is not the lack for “many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.” Paul goes into great detail of “what I have been given I gave to you. Then illuminates how Christ even when he was about to be betrayed broke bread and said: this is my body broken, which I give for you. “many are weak and sickly among“ because of those refusing to feed “the sick and weak” but instead consuming it all up for themselves. The “weak and sick” go away hungry in “not tarrying for one another”. The worse is being said in many go “weak and sick” because you ”do not strengthen that which remains”. 2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

1 Corinthians 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

Greek: μένω
Transliteration: menō
Pronunciation: men'-o
Definition: A primary verb; to stay (in a given place state relation or expectancy): - abide continue dwell endure be present remain stand tarry (for) X thine own.
KJV Usage: abide (61x), remain (16x), dwell (15x), continue (11x), tarry (9x), endure (3x), misc (5x).
Occurs: 127
In verses: 105

Abideth

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greek: μένω
Transliteration: menō
Pronunciation: men'-o
Definition: A primary verb; to stay (in a given place state relation or expectancy): - abide continue dwell endure be present remain stand tarry (for) X thine own.
KJV Usage: abide (61x), remain (16x), dwell (15x), continue (11x), tarry (9x), endure (3x), misc (5x).
Occurs: 127
In verses: 105

Abideth

thank you :) “remain stand tarry (for) X thine own.” “strengthen that which remains” “strengthen the brethren” “Feed My sheep.”

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seem to really like this guy Mikes threads. They always teach me something somehow.
Mike is really quite a guy. You would have enjoyed his forums. He started several and as you may have seen there are several of us here who were on those forums. I guess they died because we, [most of the members], agreed on some things so that unless you were into small talk...? That we disagreed on some things was also why they died. That is not a misstatement on my part.

Reactions: Nancy