"Have you ever had a spiritual paranormal encounter?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I am finding so funny is the people who insist that "God doesn't do that now that scripture is completed" and -
Quote- "we are saying what God has told us He does or does not do. In other words, God limits Himself and God does not lie"

...Yet amazingly He STILL speaks to men today...sometimes in dreams, sometimes by visions, and once in a while even audibly!! :D

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell her that when you see her. For see see her you will.

Plus she freely admits her sins and her faking healings at the latter part of her ministry.
She also struggled with things, not always knowing what to do in her personal life. I don't mind people's sins or fakery if they confess up to them.

I used to listen to her on the radio almost every week. The thing that really stuck with me was how she closed every program. She said something like, "God is still on His throne and hears and answers prayer, and just so long as your faith in Him is still intact, everything will come out all right!" That has helped me over my life, and I am certain God will reward her for that. If it helped me, it probably helped many others.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Directly, outside of what is written in Scripture? Or through Scripture?

See, this is what I'm trying to grasp. God once told a man, go to a street called straight. Are you saying God would never again say to a man, something like...go to a street called Oakmont and speak to a woman there, for instance? Because you say if He did, it would need to be scripture?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never visited anyone's grave but I can certainly understand why some people do that. Perhaps it is why we have and keep pictures of people, especially people who are physically dead.

When I visit my parents graves, I believe it might have something to do with "honor thy mother and father" I do not speak to them but, I remember them and what they have done for us kids. They both died young and 28 days apart and, if I could go back to before they were taken, there is much I would change like, spending more time with them, for sure! I pray while there asking God to hug them for me, to tell them how sorry I am for the things I did or did not do. I know it might seem weird to some but, it brings me comfort.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
She also struggled with things, not always knowing what to do in her personal life. I don't mind people's sins or fakery if they confess up to them.

I used to listen to her on the radio almost every week. The thing that really stuck with me was how she closed every program. She said something like, "God is still on His throne and hears and answers prayer, and just so long as your faith in Him is still intact, everything will come out all right!" That has helped me over my life, and I am certain God will reward her for that. If it helped me, it probably helped many others.

Amen Kerry.

All of us are a mixture.
People will ( as we've seen here) call her out for her weaknesses and failures ...but the saying goes .."The higher you rise, the grater you fall."

They can 'point the finger'...which is just an excuse to try and show how pure they believe their own life to be ...yet in working the works of God , in the arena that she did...they maybe come knee high , if that.

I am glad that the last judgement is Gods. :)

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I visit my parents graves, I believe it might have something to do with "honor thy mother and father" I do not speak to them but, I remember them and what they have done for us kids. They both died young and 28 days apart and, if I could go back to before they were taken, there is much I would change like, spending more time with them, for sure! I pray while there asking God to hug them for me, to tell them how sorry I am for the things I did or did not do. I know it might seem weird to some but, it brings me comfort.
THE POINT never was to say anyone doing that is weird, but rather to stress that we have no business calling others weird because THEY do something we don't understand.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then that is special revelation. They must be held to the standard of a prophet and tested. If they are wrong....Well, you know what the Bible says about that?
OH, I just realized, you were saying prophet, I've not claimed to be a prophet.

Only that . . .

well, let me ask you . . .

John 14
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

These words . . . were they given only for the Apostles, or for all believers? I would say all believers.

What's your understanding?

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then that is special revelation. They must be held to the standard of a prophet and tested. If they are wrong....Well, you know what the Bible says about that?

How does one hold dreams and visions to a standard?
Doesn't The Word say: "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams." ? God can and does do what ever He wants to...He is sovereign...

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen Kerry.

All of us are a mixture.
People will ( as we've seen here) call her out for her weaknesses and failures ...but the saying goes .."The higher you rise, the grater you fall."

They can 'point the finger'...which is just an excuse to try and show how pure they believe their own life to be ...yet in working the works of God , in the arena that she did...they maybe come knee high , if that.

I am glad that the last judgement is Gods. :)
Some of my favorite people in the Bible were the ones who made the biggest mistakes . . . and learned from them. They inspire me, teaching me that if I fall, I can learn from it and pick myself up.

Romans 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

All I can say about Kuhlman is that I saw some of the fruit of her ministry in my own life -- and if I must judge, I will use that to say it was good fruit. If she followed her own saying and kept her faith in him intact, I assume everything will come out all right."

The people who worry me are those who stumble but then never seem able to get up again, wanting to appear perfect in the eyes of men, never admitting their errors.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He speaks to men through Scripture. But there are no NEW messages today.
This stands the idea of the "new covenant" that God promised Israel on its head.

Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Do you not know that Moses wrote things down for Israel after they rejected the Voice of God? They wanted Moses to tell them what to do.

The situation was similar in David's day when he wrote the Psalms.

Psalm 95:7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Holy books and holy men are useful, to be sure; but their major advantage is to instruct people who cannot hear the Voice of God for themselves.

You say God can speak to men today only through Scripture. That makes it true for you. You are like the children of Israel in that way; and God can adjust His ways to you just as He adjusted His ways for Israel by giving them written words. You want written words only? Then that's all you may ever receive.

If you are saying the "canon" was closed when John wrote Revelation, you seriously misinterpret what he wrote. "This book" refers to the book of the Revelation, not to the Bible as a whole.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

What this "book" is should be clear by the first chapter if the last chapter isn't clear enough for you.

Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do hear you here. Some children are unfortunate in having parents who did not love them and whom they could not love. In this I was blessed. Yet, my parents for me were always apart as I was too young when they were divorced to have any memory of them together. I loved them both, but they always lived 1500 or more miles apart. My father was buried in Oklahoma City and although I now live less than 100 miles away I don't even know where his grave is. My mother was cremated and my brothers spread her ashes somewhere in California or Oregon. I was offered a quarter share of her ashes to be sent to me in Oklahoma, but I refused the offer.

Now I do have pictures of them both in the computer where I am typing now. The pictures aren't them but they remind of times and events recalling to me why I loved them in spite of perceived flaws. Kind of like how God loves us...

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do hear you here. Some children are unfortunate in having parents who did not love them and whom they could not love. In this I was blessed. Yet, my parents for me were always apart as I was too young when they were divorced to have any memory of them together. I loved them both, but they always lived 1500 or more miles apart. My father was buried in Oklahoma City and although I now live less than 100 miles away I don't even know where his grave is. My mother was cremated and my brothers spread her ashes somewhere in California or Oregon. I was offered a quarter share of her ashes to be sent to me in Oklahoma, but I refused the offer.

Now I do have pictures of them both in the computer where I am typing now. The pictures aren't them but they remind of times and events recalling to me why I loved them in spite of perceived flaws. Kind of like how God loves us...

Yes, sad it is that some have no parents who actually love them...I see more and more of that these days, and it only makes me more grateful I had the ones I did

Reactions: amadeus