Have you got God's Mark on your forehead?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
(I've noticed that many times when I post my words run together. Anyone have the same problem? Let me know please)

Have you got God’s“mark upon your forehead?”[sup][/sup]

[sup]3[/sup]And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, where upon it was, to the threshold of the house: and he called to the man clothed in linen, who had the writer’s inkhorn by his side. [sup]4[/sup]And Jehovah said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set amark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry over all theabominations that are done in the midst thereof.

[sup]5[/sup]And to the others he said in my hearing, Go ye through the city after him, and smite:let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity.” Ezekiel 9:3-5,ASV

Notice Godtold the man “clothed in linen”, take your inkhorn and mark those who cry out over sin that is done in their midst. When you see the abominations (sinful acts), the lying, cheating our politicians do, the marriages where one is unfaithful to the other, the women dressed in almost nothing and the same with men’s dress, homosexuality and all the other sins do you want to cry and sigh? I hope we all do.

It matters howone responds to sin?

Sin is a Calamity to Any Society.

Nations (America) withall its sin will be brought down? We are blessed by God today, but we stand a good chance of being cursed if we continue to practice it.

Righteousness exalteth a nation; But sin is a reproach to any people. Proverbs 14:34.

“Where there is no vision, the people cast off restraint; But he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18

Example of Jerusalem’s Demise

but they(Israel)mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and scoffed at his prophets, until the wrath of Jehovah arose against his people, till therewas no remedy. [sup]17[/sup]Therefore he brought upon them the king of the Chaldeans, who slew their young men with the sword in the house of their sanctuary, and had no compassion upon young man or virgin, old man orhoary-headed: he gave them all into his hand” 2Chron 36:16,17

We can look at Israelof old and read or see what they did. But look at OURSELVES. Look what we are doing!

For those who “sigh and cry” there is a hope. (I am speakingof Christians)

- In the vision,their lives are spared (that is, their “souls” are spared.”)

- TheAssurance: “God knows His People.”

Howbeit the firm foundation of God standeth, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his: and, Let every one that nameth the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness.2 Tim 2:19

• Don’t Condone Sin
- Sin destroysLives, Families & Nations

Sin Moves us away from God: Romans 1:18-32 (Romans 1 tells the Gentile, “youare a sinner!” Romans 2 tells the Jew, “you are asinner also” and Romans 3says, “all have sinned.” (both groups, Gentiles & Jews) Rom 3:23

[sup]“18[/sup]Forthe wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness;

[sup]19[/sup]because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them. [sup]20[/sup]For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, evenhis everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse: [sup]21[/sup]because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks;but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened. [sup]22[/sup]Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,[sup]23[/sup]and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creepingthings. [sup]24[/sup]Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves: [sup]25[/sup]forthat they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. [sup]26[/sup]Forthis cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature: [sup]27[/sup]and likewise alsothe men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due. [sup]28[/sup]And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting; [sup]29[/sup]beingfilled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; fullof envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [sup]30[/sup]backbiters,hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil things,disobedient to parents, [sup]31[/sup]without understanding, covenant-breakers,without natural affection, unmerciful: [sup]32[/sup]who, knowing theordinance of God, that they that practise such things are worthy of death, notonly do the same, but also consent with them that practise them.” Rom 1:18-32

Notice in the above quote:

- they glorified God not – vs. 20,21

- Neither gave thanks - v.21

- Became vain in reasoning - v.21

- Became fools – filled with pride -v. 22

- Substituted Creation for Creator - v. 23 (see the tree huggers. Animal lovers today)

- Committed Terrible Sins 24-31 (read about the Homosexuals of today, lke Sodom & Gomorrah)

- Those who knew better (Christians) CONSENTED v. 32

Ilike this quote:

“The Way for Evil to Prevail, Is That Good Men do Nothing” - Edmond Burke

Today,we have the “spin agents.” Take a lookat our political representatives, from the top, on down and the far left.

We have“spin agents” of Sin today.

2 But there arose false prophets also among the people, as among you also thereshall be false teachers, who shall privily bring in destructive heresies,denying even the Master that bought them, bringing upon themselves swiftdestruction. [sup]2[/sup]And many shall follow their lascivious doings;by reason of whom the way of the truth shall be evil spoken of.

[sup]3[/sup]Andin covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you:whose sentence now from of old lingereth not, and their destruction slumberethnot” 2Peter 2:1-3ASV

Also,Jude 1:4

[sup]4[/sup]Forthere are certain men crept in privily, even they who were of old written of beforehand unto thiscondemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness,and denying our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.”

<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;"><br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

(For those whoaren’t familiar with “lasciviousness” I will quote Louw-Nida definition: “

88.272 ἀσέλγεια, ας f: behavior completely lacking in moral restraint, usually with theimplication of sexual licentiousness—‘licentious behavior, extreme immorality.’μὴ μετανοησάντων ἐπὶ τῇἀκαθαρσίᾳ καὶ πορνείᾳ καὶἀσελγείᾳ ᾗ ἔπραξαν ‘they have not repented of the filthy thingsthey have done, their immorality and licentious deeds’ 2 Cor 12:21. In some languagesthe equivalent of ‘licentious behavior’ would be ‘to live like a dog’ or ‘toact like a goat’ or ‘to be a rooster,’ in each instance pertaining topromiscuous sexual behavior.”)

There are many examples of “licentiousness” today. Just watch your TV for a few minutes and you will see all kinds of immoral acts. We have many emails that are full of naked women/men, dirty jokes, etc. etc. We have the different homosexual groups today. They are all “spin agents” of sin.

These “spinagents” of sin:

-turn Grace intoLasciviousness

-try to make us“Merchandise” for sin.

-try to encourangeus to deny our ONLY Master!

Which “master” do you serve?

No man can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to one, and despise theother. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” Matt 6:24

We need to look at our examples of those WHO CRIED, SIGHEDAND TESTIFIED!

Example of Noah:

“…and spared not the ancient world, but preserved Noahwith seven others, a preacher of righteousness, when he brought aflood upon the world of the ungodly;” 2Pe 2:5

Noah was a righteous man. He obeyed the Lord. He was apreacher of RIGHTEOUSNESS!

Noah saved ONLY his family. The world was very bad. He cried, sighed and testified!

We have an example of Lot:

[sup]“6[/sup]and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, having made them an example unto thosethat should live ungodly;

[sup]7[/sup]and delivered righteous Lot, sore distressedby the lascivious life of the wicked [sup]8[/sup](for that righteous mandwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their lawless deeds): [sup]9[/sup]the Lord knoweth how todeliver the godly out of temptation, and to keep the unrighteous underpunishment unto the day of judgment;” 2 Pe 2:6-9, ASV

The sin vexed Lot. ….He cried and sighed.

GOD REMEMBERS THE RIGHEOUS!!

“…tothe angel of the church in Pergamum write: These things saith he that hath thesharp two-edged sword: [sup]13[/sup]I know where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s throne is; and thou holdest fast my name, and didst not deny my faith, even inthe days of Antipas my witness, my faithful one, who was killed amongyou, where Satan dwelleth.” Rev 2:12,13

“And I heard a great voice in heaven, saying, Now iscome the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God, and theauthority of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, whoaccuseth them before our God day and night. [sup]11[/sup]And they overcame himbecause of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of theirtestimony; and they loved not their life even unto death.” Rev 12:10,11

Those in Pergamum cried and sighed. They held fast His Name and didn’t deny the faith! Even the faithful one, Antipas, aservant and witness (martyr) stood up against the world of that time.

We are in A BATTLE!

“For every child of God defeatsthis evil world by trusting Christ to give the victory. Andthe ones who win this battle against the world are the ones who believethat Jesus is the Son of God.” 1 John 5:3,4

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. BAD TIMES ARE COMING!

Your servant in Messiah, Jesus the Christ,

charlesj