Have "you" made Jesus a Robber?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Isaiah 9:6-7 (NKJV)
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever.

Yes indeed, Jesus is God.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Heb 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Your quotes continually reveal Christ as a Man something which Yahweh is not.

Yes we must agree he is the unique Son of God, the one who has entered into "heavenly temple" once having not entered there previously else there would be no reward! See Heb 6:20; 9:11,12; Heb 8:1,2).

You may also see Heb 7:26, where Jesus the high priest is said to be "exalted above the heavens," once only not having held this priestly office prior to his birth. Paul states Christ as the "one who ascended higher than all the heavens" (Eph 4:10).

Therefore Jesus Priesthood present
  1. his humanity
  2. his unique sonship
  3. his exaltation
  4. his reward for obedience unto death.
Of course Jesus died once, exalted once and enjoys a position in the heavens he did not hold prior else the death, resurrection and ascension is a sham, deceitful in deceiving in its intention.

Those that believe Jesus is God must hold such deceit in their hearts.

He died once!

Insight

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes we must agree he is the unique Son of God, the one who has entered into "heavenly temple" once having not entered there previously else there would be no reward!
John 5:18 (NKJV)
18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.
Paul states Christ as the "one who ascended higher than all the heavens" (Eph 4:10).
John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.
Those that believe Jesus is God must hold such deceit in their hearts.
You mean John? "The Word was God." "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us."

And Peter? "Lord you know all things. You know that I love you."

And Paul? "By Him were all things created."

And Thomas? "My Lord and my God."

No Scripture?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
John 5:18 (NKJV)
18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

You mean John? "The Word was God." "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us."

And Peter? "Lord you know all things. You know that I love you."

And Paul? "By Him were all things created."

And Thomas? "My Lord and my God."

No Scripture?

You forgot to deal with jesus dieing only once?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You forgot to deal with jesus dieing only once?
When He raised Himself from the dead?

John 10:18 (NKJV)
18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
When He raised Himself from the dead?

John 10:18 (NKJV)
18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

No, sorry you missunderstood the request.

Jesus was exalted as a result of his death and he only died once.

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
(Philippians 2:8-9)

He only died once!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No, sorry you missunderstood the request.

Jesus was exalted as a result of his death and he only died once.

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
(Philippians 2:8-9)

He only died once!
You're looking for problems that don't exist.

Hebrews 1:8-12 (NKJV)
8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." 10 And: "You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. 11 They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment; 12 Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail."

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
You're looking for problems that don't exist.

This simply implies, "I see the problem, I acknowledge it exists, but I do not know how to express the answer without compromising my other beliefs".

Hebrews 1:8-12 (NKJV)
8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." 10 And: "You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. 11 They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment; 12 Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail."

Notice how God acknowledges unlike Himself, Jesus has companions (or brethren) to which he has been exalted above.

I actually like how the Father is able to express Himself in Jesus Christ, not that God referring Jesus is an eternal son as verse 9 is proof of this.

Everyone here knows that Jesus has a Father and a God, who is “very God” in terms of the deity. See John 20:17.

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’

Doesn’t this verse speak beautifully to your Hebrews quote?

Insight

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
And still God called His Son God. You haven't refuted anything from the MANY verses I have cited. Jesus is God.

Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

Jesus is THE LORD.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Speaking to you Ducky is like chasing shadows...you never find the substance.

In your usual insolent approach you failed to address the content of the previous post, but runaway you do.

How many years have you posted like this Ducky?