Having HI-JACKED Grailhunters "What of christian are thread" lets move here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me being a Christian that lived through the pain of proud condemning holier-than-thou church at the time being lead by a deceitful reverand have just found that The Holy Spirit will not let me walk away from a discussion with a one verse pharisee.

So if anyone has their one verse "That if we don't believe in it alone! We are less of a Christian!" Bring it !

The discussion in the Hijacked thread was getting interesting.

Al

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Highlighter, I have to invite you to this thread.

As you are one that caused the hijacking

Al
Hi Al,

To give an alert to someone, do this:

@Bible Highlighter

That sends a notification to the intended party.

Here's my verse, to answer your OP:

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV
3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

OK . . . 2 verses . . .

Much love!

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me being a Christian that lived through the pain of proud condemning holier-than-thou church at the time being lead by a deceitful reverand have just found that The Holy Spirit will not let me walk away from a discussion with a one verse pharisee.

So if anyone has their one verse "That if we don't believe in it alone! We are less of a Christian!" Bring it !

The discussion in the Hijacked thread was getting interesting.

Al

If you truly want to challenge your belief and see if it is really true, I would watch some videos by Pastor Alan Balou.

I would start with this one.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's my verse, to answer your OP:

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV
3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

OK . . . 2 verses . . .

Much love!
So which day did He die and which day is the "third day"? ;)
(Salvation depends on this ... according to the premise of the OP and you - if I understood correctly. :) )

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So which day did He die and which day is the "third day"? ;)
(Salvation depends on this ... according to the premise of the OP and you - if I understood correctly. :) )
How do you mean?

Are you talking about how it matches to our calender? The "Weds/Thurs/Fri" debate?

I'm speaking more on the lines of,

Romans 6:3-7 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you mean?

Are you talking about how it matches to our calender? The "Weds/Thurs/Fri" debate?

I'm speaking more on the lines of,

Romans 6:3-7 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Much love!

You have said all anyone need know.
Then it is ALL up to the Holy Spirit to lead our walk. IMO this is the real hic-cup of Christianity.

Ppl are led by men leaders rather than the word or the Spirit. Salvation begins as above,it is complete. Our journey, walk, or following of Jesus is where questions should be aimed.

Sin is named in the bible, but it is the sins of the heart,and mouth " the little foxes that spoil the vine !

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think they were that way?

Where do you think they got from?

First, as soon as someone tries to put up a sinless front they have something hide. So being "sinless" they have to put on an appearance. That appearance becomes holier-than-thou because anything less the hidden sin may peak out.

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, as soon as someone tries to put up a sinless front they have something hide. So being "sinless" they have to put on an appearance. That appearance becomes holier-than-thou because anything less the hidden sin may peak out.

The Holy Spirit stopped me from saying more.
In another thread I wrote a better post that answers more in the Spirit.

I do stand by this post.

It was started in anger to answer another post but I had erased the angered part of the post before I walked away and let the Spirit work on my heart.

Yes the Sinnless here, the Spirit is convicting them of their sinfulness, which forces a holier-than-thou self-righteous attitude. An attitude that magnifies their sin. Magnifies their sin, yes, but not to me but to them on God.

I submit that the more a private sin is magnified to that sinner the more holier-than-thou that sinner has to become to keep it a private sin!

You sinner get away from me a sinless man! Is the outward man
The inward man finishes with " before your sin reveals mine!"
So get away and stay away!

For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

If they say they have no sin they lie and the truth is not in them.

Yes convict me of not being sinless enough in one verse, one verse of many.

Psalm 106 v3 was thrown at me. My answer in is another thread.

The way this verse is thrown at me it seems my words written in the Spirit are proven accurate.

Verse 3

Lord these holy righteous men are not me or my people blessed be the name of the Lord!

Read ALL OF PSALM 106 and then show me where my paraphrasing is wrong!

But use all of Psalm 106, less may reveal your heart!

Yours in Christ

Alfredthefifth

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit stopped me from saying more.
In another thread I wrote a better post that answers more in the Spirit.

I do stand by this post.

It was started in anger to answer another post but I had erased the angered part of the post before I walked away and let the Spirit work on my heart.

Yes the Sinnless here, the Spirit is convicting them of their sinfulness, which forces a holier-than-thou self-righteous attitude. An attitude that magnifies their sin. Magnifies their sin, yes, but not to me but to them on God.

I submit that the more a private sin is magnified to that sinner the more holier-than-thou that sinner has to become to keep it a private sin!

You sinner get away from me a sinless man! Is the outward man
The inward man finishes with " before your sin reveals mine!"
So get away and stay away!

For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

If they say they have no sin they lie and the truth is not in them.

Yes convict me of not being sinless enough in one verse, one verse of many.

Psalm 106 v3 was thrown at me. My answer in is another thread.

The way this verse is thrown at me it seems my words written in the Spirit are proven accurate.

Verse 3

Lord these holy righteous men are not me or my people blessed be the name of the Lord!

Read ALL OF PSALM 106 and then show me where my paraphrasing is wrong!

But use all of Psalm 106, less may reveal your heart!

Yours in Christ

Alfredthefifth

Well your right, perfection is an obvious disconnect from reality.
The attempt to obtain a sinless persona is a fool's folly.

Christianity has been around for awhile! So we have a historical data base.
The Catholic leadership suggested they were worthy to lead by virtue of their holiness....holier than thou...
Thinking they retained their purity by swearing off sex and women. Which suggested that sex made you impure through contact with women....the twin firm roundnesses of women.....which eventually lead to them believing they were the temptations of Satan. Which lead to the horrible atrocities of the inquisitions and witch-hunts at the hands of the Church.

Faith is always the standard of Christianity, but the Protestants stepped the holier than thou down to the congregation which competed for the holier than thou position by coming up with a long list of man-made sins, so holliness was defined by what you did not do.....not the good you did. This way they could stand on their soap boxes and condemn people with all these man-made sins and even ridicule those that did good.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah ... my point was that people will fight about ANYTHING.
Churches split over the color of the new carpet!
Corinth had nothing on us. :)
Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel used to tell the story when they had installed new carpet in their new sanctuary, and the elders were complaining that the barefoot hippies were going to ruin it! Chuck told them if that was the case, they should rip it all out, so it wouldn't be a problem to anyone.

Much love!