Fulfilling can be either of the Law or of the Spirit. Discuss.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I have been wrestling with Evolution some time now, and it has finally spilled out into theology. The reason theology has become involved, is that I have begun to distinguish between the Law and the Spirit. Evolution takes advantage of the Law, making out obedience to be slavery; meanwhile, the Holy Spirit has been leading me to anticipate the end of the Law, which is in the Spirit. Why has the Holy Spirit spoken to me about the Spirit? The Holy Spirit has spoken to me about the Law's function in bringing about change, that the Spirit causes to flourish. Now I get that I am a sinner, I am always going to feel awful about that, but if I can do some good with the Law, I am interested in that. What needs to be established is that even in future, these things will be two different things. Such as it is, there will always be a choice, that even Evolution has to deal with.

Now it is not because Evolution has failed, that there is a choice between the Law and the Spirit, but that Evolution (at least to date) has refused to make that choice consistently. The less the relationship between the Law and the Spirit is exercised, the more the Law tends to become "condemnation" and the Spirit tends to become "weakness" to the point of being 'weak willed'. Why has God set this difference up like this? Because we are supposed to be moving from conviction to works of faith - we are supposed to be inspired (not least because the struggle can be overcome). The Power of the Law is retribution, that the Devil be admonished as a scapegoat, not forgetting his former glory, but knowing its place. The Charge of the Spirit is consecration, that is knowing the Law and still commiting to its works, the greater works are separated and committed to God, that He might receive the glory of them. But what about Character or Prominence?

The Law gives us Character as we exercise the Law, in conviction that condemnation will be overcome in Christ Jesus (who fulfilled the Law and the Spirit) - this is Power because it diverts condemnation to the Cross, where the Law came to an end, that the end of the Law, now become a narrow path to Salvation. The Spirit on the other hand, gives God Prominence, that the Grace of God complete that which couldn't manage to struggle at the Cross, but now has found strength in the Promise of the Spirit, which is ahead of the Law - the as such can only Forgive. This brings us full circle to the fulfillment that should be in Evolution, if Evolution is successively forgiven then what Evolution is there? Only that Man in his conceit thinks of himself like a "predator", as he once fled from in fear. This is believing in the change of godliness, without the power to keep it that way - such as is where the world is to date. Why does God not condemn this? Because there is still a chance that forgiveness will reach Man, and that Man will come to anticipate coming to his end and have nothing left but turning to God.

God said "forgive, not up to seven times, but seventy times seven"; at some point, all you are doing is forgiving a "man" that is doing nothing but putting off the power of God, in the hope that his free-will will yet save him. Foolishness! But who is wise? That is something for another discussion - for now, suffice it to say, we know where our enemy is waiting, he is waiting at the end or as close as he can get to it, not that he should snare all of us, but neither be tempted that he is gradually running out of food, as God's patience wears thin. God created a Mammoth of the flesh in the Devil, we must continue to be wary that he doesn't care for forgiveness, that doesn't lead to an affirmation of the works of God, if nothing else. The world will continue to be on edge, that the Devil's wrath is still great, but if we hold fast to greater forgiveness, Man's pretense of a greater account before God, will be cut short.

God bless.