HE THAT KEEPS MY SAYINGS SHALL NEVER SEE DEATH - JOHN 8:51

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One verse theology is always deficient. Context is everything.

Jesus has already pointed out that the men attacking Him have no interest in the message of God. He has used various expressions to convey this: they "do not believe" (John 8:46), they "do not hear" (John 8:47), "the word finds no place" in them (John 8:37), they "cannot bear to hear" the word (John 8:43). This rejection proves that these people "walk in darkness" (John 8:12). They have rejected the one and only source of spiritual truth (John 8:12), and so they will die in their sins (John 8:21) instead of finding forgiveness (John 3:36).

Jesus's words here are in contrast to those who do not "hear," "walk," or "believe" according to His message. Those who "keep His word," in this context, are those who express saving faith in God's Son (John 3:16–18). Those who reject Christ, however, are condemned to spiritual death (John 3:18; John 3:36).

You make the same mistake they did, to think he's speaking of physical death.

52 At this they exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that whoever obeys your word will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?”

Christians are dying all the time, just like Billy Graham, who "perished" and did not "reap everlasting life" - "The wages of sin is death . ." (Rom 6:23).

Once you move beyond the simplicity of it, it gets complicated.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are dying all the time, just like Billy Graham, who "perished" and did not "reap everlasting life" - "The wages of sin is death . ." (Rom 6:23).

Once you move beyond the simplicity of it, it gets complicated.
Billy didn't die. He just went to his reward.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 8:51 is similar to Luke 17:6.

Even Jesus did not command the mulberry tree to actually uproot and plant itself in the sea.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You won't find any of the False Five-Fold Ministries preaching John 8:51. Those "Wolves in Sheep's Clothing" avoid it (if they have even read it) like they avoid Romans 8:13.

Wolves in sheep's clothing produce other wolves in sheep's clothing.
No one else has the balls to say it so I will... when it comes to your anti-five-fold nonsense, you are full of shit!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You won't find any of the False Five-Fold Ministries preaching John 8:51. Those "Wolves in Sheep's Clothing" avoid it (if they have even read it) like they avoid Romans 8:13.

The Lord says I should go easy on you, so I will say that what you are doing is bringing division, harm, and confusion to the people Jesus died for. I suggest you repent, and do it now.
Leaving this fellowship might not be a bad idea, but that's my opinion. Capice?

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord says I should go easy on you, so I will say that what you are doing is bringing division, harm, and confusion to the people Jesus died for. I suggest you repent, and do it now.
Leaving this fellowship might not be a bad idea, but that's my opinion. Capice?

John 8:51 brings division - "the division of soul and spirit" (Heb 4:12).
Luke 12:51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.

If you feel division, that's your issue, not mine.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
His condition is very serious. We shouldn't make fun. Some people never learn to die to self, and that is to their own detriment.

Reactions: DNB

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His condition is very serious. We shouldn't make fun. Some people never learn to die to self, and that is to their own detriment.
yup, if you don't put off the old death man, and put on the new immortal man, you're on the way to the morgue.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures show us that we all die. The Apostles and disciples of Jesus Christ included. At 1Thessalonians 4:13-17 these scriptures show that some of the disciples of Jesus had died and would be resurrected back to life at the second coming of Jesus Christ. They are considered to be righteous in the eyes of God since it says in 1 Thessalonians 4 that those who died in Christ will be resurrected to life at the second coming of Christ.

Reactions: friend of

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please describe a five fold ministry.
What does it do and look like?
Can you provide the names of such ministries that you are alluding to?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am still waiting to find the person who has lived for 2000 some of years who is perfect. This dude just condemned anyone who ever lived,

Feb 13, 2021
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no death in Jesus.
Excellent post @Kriesal, you never see posts like this in most christian forums.
They usually stick to lame topics with no depth.

Feb 13, 2021
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am still waiting to find the person who has lived for 2000 some of years who is perfect. This dude just condemned anyone who ever lived,

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Yeah, because all have walked in the flesh, unto death.
Those quoting 'no condemnation' usually alway leave off the last part of the verse.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Yeah, because all have walked in the flesh, unto death.
Those quoting 'no condemnation' usually alway leave off the last part of the verse.
Yes we all deserve death because all have sinned

and yes, those who are not condemned do not walk after the flesh but the spirit although not perfectly,

amen