"He who practices righteousness is righteous" (1 John 3:7)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sanctification IS a one time event at the same time as we are justified
wrong wrong wrong sanctification is 3 steps positional set apart once were saved in the Body of Christ 2. progressive we grow in the grace and knowledge we are a w.i.p work in progress changed from Glory to Glory 3. ultimate finial we made it to heave in our glorified Bodies we are fully complete while it is true we are sanctified but it is not a one time thing but ongoing

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you ever denied Christ have you ever sinned since being saved ? i will assure you its no laughing matter the work of sanctification is a on going thing .Judas hung himself peter wept bitterly. Godly sorrow brings repentance yes peter denied Christ but do we not also deny him when we sin? it is not a laughing matter
Galatians 6:1

“Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.” peters writing are deep inspired by God, he is been there done that .. not every one takes off like the apostle paul. peter was a rugged fisherman he was scared confused. what would you have said that day seeing everything Christ went through . someone come up to you and say hey aint you one of his people? you would have said well yes i am .Christ Loved peter he knew exactly what peter would do, he reacted in the flesh.. have you ? have you always dotted every I crossed every T to perfection. we have to grow in the grace and the knowledge . Go will judge the secrets of man heart by his son Christ Jesus . stop and listen to the roster crow and be honest.. peter never made excuses for his sins..

To what state are we to bring someone back to that is overtaken in a fault. Sinlessness!

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wrong wrong wrong sanctification is 3 steps positional set apart once were saved in the Body of Christ 2. progressive we grow in the grace and knowledge we are a w.i.p work in progress changed from Glory to Glory 3. ultimate finial we made it to heave in our glorified Bodies we are fully complete while it is true we are sanctified but it is not a one time thing but ongoing

Did you see it??? GLORY TO GLORY! Ezra, that is what is a process. Of what? Of GLORIFICATION, not sanctification. Ongoing sanctification to overcome sin that has already been taken away is a false doctrine.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you believe in eternal security doctrine ?

Eternal security has conditions = enduring to the end. Do you believe your present and future sins are automatically forgiven?

I know I am still on the path toward salvation because He does answer all of my prayers, and I never go against my conscience, so I have assurance. 1 John 3:21-24. Do you have that kind of assurance?

Last edited:

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
sanctification IS a one time event at the same time as we are justified. All it means is when we are cleansed, we are set apart for righteousness. But being set apart is not a life-long process. Becoming like Christ in ALL attributes besides sinlessness IS a life-long process called glorification. It is the maturing of the fruit of the Spirit.
There are different sanctifications, but sorry I only remember the first 2 (out of 4 or 5):
(1) positional (set apart), and (2) progressive (a process).

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God declares us perfect because of the blood of Jesus, then gives us the Holy Spirit and begins the process of making us holy that goes on till we go home to be with Him.
Oh, this is all so very wonderful ... except that ...
you conveniently ignore/reject the many dire warnings in the NT,
which are directed at EVERYONE who is, for example, a habitual unrepentant sinner.

Perhaps this "problem" is solved by understanding that ...
"believes" in such verses as John 3:16 must include mucho
more than just enough belief/faith to become born-again.
I.E. true saving belief demands action (which actually proves saving belief).
And which most here think (erroneously) is works-salvation.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eternal security has conditions = enduring to the end.
And there are other conditional verses in the NT.
Conditional examples having 5-10 NT verses/passages supporting them:
Loving Jesus leads to obedience maintains our salvation
Choosing obedience over sin maintains our righteousness
Practicing righteousness maintains our righteousness
Repenting of sins maintains our righteousness
Being righteous unto holiness is necessary to be saved
Enduring in the faith is necessary to keep our salvation

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have faith in Jesus, then you are fully persuaded that, what He has promised, He is able also to perform.

Consider promises like 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17; Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT).

He is the God who justifies the ungodly man (see Romans 4:5).

That means that He gives you an identity in Christ that you are righteous, even when you blow it. You are unshakably the righteousness of the Lord in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Now that you have this identity, go and live like it (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6), is the exhortation.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a difference between a noun and a verb? Sin in 1Jo 1:8 is a noun.

I agree with you 100%.

If you sin but say you don't you are a liar, for all mankind has sinned and fall short of the glory of God. BUT if you confess your sins God will cleanse you of ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS and make you born again, no longer a sinner, but a child of God.

I agree with this also, in the sense that a sinner is one who commits sin.

But if you define a sinner as someone who has indwelling sin, then I identify myself as the chief of sinners according to the flesh (1 Timothy 1:15, Romans 7:18).

Sinlessness:

No (1 John 1:8).

Perfection: (life-long process)

No; a one-time event (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv)).

YOu don't even know the word of god

I don't think that I am straining at a gnat for calling you out on this again. If you do it once, I can excuse you because it might be a mistake. But if you do it many times you are either just being careless or else you are really trying to say something.

I'll ask you: which one is it?

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you have faith in Jesus, then you are fully persuaded that,
what He has promised, He is able also to perform.
Consider promises like ... Romans 6:6 (kjv)
He is the God who justifies the ungodly man (see Romans 4:5).
Yes, you describe the initial condition of the saved.
But, this condition can be altered through e.g. habitual unrepentant sin.
Paul in Romans 6:16-19 gives a CHOICE to BACs:
Be a slave of sin >>> unto eternal death
Or ...
Be a slave of obedience >>> unto righteousness
And ...
Be a slave of righteousness >>> unto holiness

If you choose da blue, is this works-salvation?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you describe the initial condition of the saved.
But, this condition can be altered through e.g. habitual unrepentant sin.
Paul in Romans 6:16-19 gives a CHOICE to BACs:
Be a slave of sin >>> unto eternal death
Or ...
Be a slave of obedience >>> unto righteousness
And ...
Be a slave of righteousness >>> unto holiness

If you choose da blue, is this works-salvation?
No, I don't believe that it is.

It is not that the person is saved by any kind of work that they do; but it is that in being saved, their heart has been altered so that they have a specific kind of attitude towards sin and righteousness.

I'm not sure it pertains to the conversation; but I feel that it is noteworthy that Paul says that in context of what you have written above, he is speaking in human terms because of the weakness of our flesh.

The reality is that when we are born again, we are no longer slaves to sin, and that, it is weak terminology, thought acceptable, to say that we become slaves of righteousness/obedience.

But it is stronger and more accurate terminology to say that we have become sons of righteousness (Galatians 4:5-7).

A slave does what he does in the way of obedience because he has to.

A son does so because he is fighting for the honour of the family name and because he loves his family; his father, his mother, his siblings, and maybe even also his children.

For a son, love is the motivation for obedience.

For a slave, it is more often likened unto fear.

And fear is not an invalid motivation either. The fear of the LORD is wisdom (Job 28:28) and is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge (Proverbs 1:7, Psalms 111:10). See also 1 Peter 1:17 for a New Testament example.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you define a sinner as someone who has indwelling sin, then I identify myself as the chief of sinners according to the flesh (1 Timothy 1:15, Romans 7:18).

Paul said that of his "former" self, but was changed by Jesus. 1 Timothy 1:13; Romans 8:2. Have you also been born again and are now a child of God, or still a practicing sinner? Paul was freed from sin, have you been?

No; a one-time event (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv)).

Yes, in the sense that He wrote the laws on our hearts making us born again. Hebrews 10:16. But not in the sense that that fruit of the Spirit has grown to maturity on day one. 2 Peter 1:5-7; John 15.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see it??? GLORY TO GLORY! Ezra, that is what is a process. Of what? Of GLORIFICATION, not sanctification. Ongoing sanctification to overcome sin that has already been taken away is a false doctrine.
i have doubts you knowing false doctrine even if it bit you on the nose

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said that of his "former" self, but was changed by Jesus. 1 Timothy 1:13; Romans 8:2. Have you also been born again and are now a child of God, or still a practicing sinner? Paul was freed from sin, have you been?

Yes, Paul said that he was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and injurious; but when he says "I am the chief of sinners" it is in the present tense. He owns his past because he understands that the Ethiopian can't change his skin or the leopard his spots. But that his living of a holy life is not going to be based on the flesh but it is going to be based on walking according to the Spirit rather than the flesh.

That is the only way we can live a holy life...if we deny the flesh and walk in the power of the Holy Spirit.

I am not a practicing sinner....as I said, we can cease from being sinners according to the definition (1 John 3:9, 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17).

We are still a "sinner" (1 Timothy 1:15) in that we have sin dwelling in our mortal flesh (Romans 7:18). If you deny this, the scripture says that you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8); no matter how you might try to interpret that scripture differently using tricks of interpretation to come up with a doctrine that actually denies the plain teaching of that scripture (1 John 1:8).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and i bet you walked on water and turn the water into wine :cool:

Not water into wine, but how about a brass screw into a diamond ring? In my living room. 1986

You have no idea of the power of God with just the faith of a mustard seed.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 3:20, Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Already went through this dance with you and showed you with many bible verses why you are deceived.

If a follower of Jesus willfully sins (for every sin is willful, we don't commit sins by accident) we have 1 John 1:9. You have to decieve yourself and call your failures not failures in order to keep from thinking you have lost your salvation according to your unbiblical theology.

You should learn what the verses you use actually say, it could set you free.
<<<(for every sin is willful, we don't commit sins by accident) >>>

I disagree on this. There are intentional sins and there are unintentional sins.

Tong
R2805

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not water into wine, but how about a brass screw into a diamond ring? In my living room. 1986

You have no idea of the power of God with just the faith of a mustard seed.
the chesse has fell off your cracker :rolleyes::confused: