"He who practices righteousness is righteous" (1 John 3:7)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All verses below are from the NKJV.

“… everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)

“… whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God …” (1 John 3:10)

“He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.” (1 John 3:7)

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does not practice righteousness is NOT of God,
NOR is he who does NOT love his brother.” (
1 John 3:10)

“… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.” (Acts 10:35)

“… (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)

“… slaves of righteousness for holiness.” (
Romans 6:19)

God does NOT practice righteousness for BACs.
BACs must do the practicing of righteousness for themselves.

From the verses above, do we agree?
God only invites into heaven …
those who have a standing of righteousness before Him,
those whom He considers righteous.

Don’t forget also that Abraham believed and trusted God and God counted it as righteousness. His trust is why God declared him righteous. This was before Abraham did anything else. And we are told to examine ourselves to see if we are really and truly fully in trust. And we are given the example of Israel trusting God to save them through the sea but then not continuing in that trust when it came to food and water. They worried instead that God might not provide these things or might let them die of thirst.

A current day example and parallel would be worrying over money, how we will pay the rent, what we will do when we get old and can no longer work if we don’t have at least a million dollars in the bank. Actually, that last one is a parallel to the manna which they insisted on gathering more than He said to.

And He could not do many miracles there because of their lack of trust.

They turned back from their trust and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.
They remembered not his hand, nor the day when he delivered them from the enemy."

Anyone who puts his hand to the plow, to dig up his rocky, untrusting places and then turns back from trust is not fit for the kingdom.

we should examine ourselves as to trust because if you trust God to be saved alive but then worry about everything after that, it is tempting Him to get angry.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All verses below are from the NKJV.

“… everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)

“… whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God …” (1 John 3:10)

“He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.” (1 John 3:7)

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does not practice righteousness is NOT of God,
NOR is he who does NOT love his brother.” (
1 John 3:10)

“… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.” (Acts 10:35)

“… (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)

“… slaves of righteousness for holiness.” (
Romans 6:19)

God does NOT practice righteousness for BACs.
BACs must do the practicing of righteousness for themselves.

From the verses above, do we agree?
God only invites into heaven …
those who have a standing of righteousness before Him,
those whom He considers righteous.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate truth! Salvation is by faith alone--you are teaching a false works-based Gospel! We DO NOT do good deeds, we live in sin! You are a false shepherd! You are saying God can't save! You are trying to work your way to heaven! You are covered in your own filthy self righteousness! I AM TRIGGERED!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but you just remember it in error.

Then we are at an end. I asked three times and three time you answered the same. Lying is unbecoming of you. You may have the last post if you wish, but it is time to end this. At least you have backed away from your sin willfully and blatantly lose your salvation stance, howbeit in a dishonest fashion.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then we are at an end. I asked three times and three time you answered the same. Lying is unbecoming of you. You may have the last post if you wish, but it is time to end this. At least you have backed away from your sin willfully and blatantly lose your salvation stance, howbeit in a dishonest fashion.

Why do you go straight to "lying." It is not what I believe so I wouldn't say it. Are you infallible?

Reactions: GracePeace

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you go straight to "lying." It is not what I believe so I wouldn't say it. Are you infallible?

It is what you wrote three times. that is fact. Also the accusation I had not the spirit and one time you suggested I needed to be born again. that ends it for me.