"He who practices righteousness is righteous" (1 John 3:7)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Eternal security has conditions = enduring to the end. Do you believe your present and future sins are automatically forgiven?

I know I am still on the path toward salvation because He does answer all of my prayers, and I never go against my conscience, so I have assurance. 1 John 3:21-24. Do you have that kind of assurance?
<<<Eternal security has conditions = enduring to the end.>>>

Please give reference scriptures.

What endurance is that? What end?

———————————
Salvation is God’s work, not man’s. The security of the salvation of one rest upon no one else, but on the Savior. And if the Savior is God, and He is, then the true Christian’s salvation is sure and secure.

So, is God your Savior? Then be assured that you are saved. Then be assured that He will keep you safe.

Tong
R2806

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Ronald Nolette said:
God declares us perfect because of the blood of Jesus, then gives us the Holy Spirit and begins the process of making us holy that goes on till we go home to be with Him.
Oh, this is all so very wonderful ... except that ...
you conveniently ignore/reject the many dire warnings in the NT,
which are directed at EVERYONE who is, for example, a habitual unrepentant sinner.

Perhaps this "problem" is solved by understanding that ...
"believes" in such verses as John 3:16 must include mucho
more than just enough belief/faith to become born-again.
I.E. true saving belief demands action (which actually proves saving belief).
And which most here think (erroneously) is works-salvation.
Who needs proving and to whom must the believer proves himself? Does not God knows the heart of man, even of all man?

Tong
R2807

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
And there are other conditional verses in the NT.
Conditional examples having 5-10 NT verses/passages supporting them:
Loving Jesus leads to obedience maintains our salvation
Choosing obedience over sin maintains our righteousness
Practicing righteousness maintains our righteousness
Repenting of sins maintains our righteousness
Being righteous unto holiness is necessary to be saved
Enduring in the faith is necessary to keep our salvation
Sounds all good. But why is it I don’t hear about what Jesus do in all those maintenance works. It’s all of the man. :(

To God be the glory!

Tong
R2808

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yes, you describe the initial condition of the saved.
But, this condition can be altered through e.g. habitual unrepentant sin.
Paul in Romans 6:16-19 gives a CHOICE to BACs:
Be a slave of sin >>> unto eternal death
Or ...
Be a slave of obedience >>> unto righteousness
And ...
Be a slave of righteousness >>> unto holiness

If you choose da blue, is this works-salvation?
Paul, in Romans 6:16-19 was not presenting nor was giving a choice, at least in my reading.

Tong
R2809

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14.

And, it is speaking of keeping the faith to your final breath; at which time your soul will be transferred to a glorified body and there will be no more possibility of falling away by my estimation (I could be wrong; for satan lived in a spiritual body and he fell from heaven).

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14.

And, it is speaking of keeping the faith to your final breath; at which time your soul will be transferred to a glorified body and there will be no more possibility of falling away by my estimation (I could be wrong; for satan lived in a spiritual body and he fell from heaven).
Where is eternal security there, more so, the condition of eternal security?

Tong
R2814

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Where is eternal security there, more so, the condition of eternal security?
]Those verses simply teach that we must endure to the end in order to be saved.
You quoted me.

Tong2020 said:

So I would expect that the scriptures you cited addresses my post in the quote and speaks of eternal security and its conditions.

And also I expected that you answer the questions.

Apparently, you did none. Well, that should do it, I think.

<<<Those verses simply teach that we must endure to the end in order to be saved.>>>

First, was that for those who are saved, the true Christians?

Second, what is it that is for the enduring?

Tong
R2816

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

———————————
Salvation is God’s work, not man’s. The security of the salvation of one rest upon no one else, but on the Savior. And if the Savior is God, and He is, then the true Christian’s salvation is sure and secure.

So, is God your Savior? Then be assured that you are saved. Then be assured that He will keep you safe.

Tong
R2806

It is all through the gospels.

Matthew 10: (and Mark 13:13)
22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Mathew 24:
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Mark 4:
16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How in the world do you explain that Jesus takes away our sins, instead of the false doctrine that His blood just covers our sin while we keep sinning, and in Him there IS NO SIN. 1 John 3:5

Know the Truth - Jesus TAKES AWAY OUR SIN and CLEANSES US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. Not just a lid on a cesspool.

Well as I do not believe Jesus blood covers our sin this whole post is moot!

Yes Jesus has taken away our sin and declared us perfect and is now sanctifying us.

You think you have graduated while the rest of the believing world knows you haven't. You still have spiritual pride and arrogance.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is the experiential truth? That you are a sinner and can't stop??? Wouldn't you rather be free from sin altogether and be like Christ? That is my experience. Or are you so in love with sin you can't live without it and have itching ears gathering false teachers around you who seem to let you have your cake and eat it too. But that cake is made out of manure.

No your experience is you have deceived yourself into thinking you never commit sin anymore.

Well do you really want to know what I believe or are you just couching your false accusations in the form of questions to make you look like an innocent inquisitor?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

———————————

It is all through the gospels.

Matthew 10: (and Mark 13:13)
22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Mathew 24:
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Mark 4:
16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble.
What I see in all of those scriptures is about enduring tribulation and persecution, about being true to Jesus Christ. It’s not about eternal security, much less about eternal security having conditions.

What I was asking is reference scriptures that speaks of eternal security and it having the condition of enduring to the end.

Tong
R2817

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there are other conditional verses in the NT.
Conditional examples having 5-10 NT verses/passages supporting them:
Loving Jesus leads to obedience maintains our salvation
Choosing obedience over sin maintains our righteousness
Practicing righteousness maintains our righteousness
Repenting of sins maintains our righteousness
Being righteous unto holiness is necessary to be saved
Enduring in the faith is necessary to keep our salvation

I wish you knew the Savior instead of holding onto these lies.

You teach that jesus just paid the way for you to enter the kingdom, and that you through your efforts ( Iam sure you would say aided by grace) have to keep it or maintain it. This is salvation by grace and works and that is another gospel. Paul warns those who preach another gosdpel like this one you are now pushing.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<(for every sin is willful, we don't commit sins by accident) >>>

I disagree on this. There are intentional sins and there are unintentional sins.

Tong
R2805

Well pray tell why not tell us some of these unintentional sins.

Can one unintentionally steal?
Can one unintentionally kill?
does one unintentionally commit adultery?
does one unintentionally covet?
does one unintentionally blaspheme?
does one unintentionally not love their wife as Christ loved the church?
Does on unintentionally not submit to their husbands?
Does one unintentionally not love the brethren?
Does one unintentionally not help the poor when it is within you to do so?

Sin is first and foremost a permission in the hearet.

If I put a pen in my pocket that wasn't mine and forgot it was there and took it home. That is not theft if I return it when possible. If I choose to keep it after- that is theft.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that I am straining at a gnat for calling you out on this again. If you do it once, I can excuse you because it might be a mistake. But if you do it many times you are either just being careless or else you are really trying to say something.

I'll ask you: which one is it?

Well I will tell your pride the answer.

I have terrible arthritis. I have trouble typing. I rely on spell check. If a word does not get underlined, I let it pass. If you wish to hold that against me- that is your problem not mine. I will stand before GOD with a clean conscinece Oh might gnat strainer!

But have you ceased from the practice of sins?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as I do not believe Jesus blood covers our sin this whole post is moot!

Yes Jesus has taken away our sin and declared us perfect and is now sanctifying us.

You think you have graduated while the rest of the believing world knows you haven't. You still have spiritual pride and arrogance.

Then say what you mean. You said instead, "The difference is the blood of Jesus has been applied to my account and to the unbeliever it has not been! The very righteousness that is Jesus has been imputed to my account." Applied means covers, not taken away.

What does sanctified mean to you and your sin? If your sin has been taken away, then how are we being sanctified further? It's done.