"He who practices righteousness is righteous" (1 John 3:7)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So Judas is saved? Do you think you can belong to Christ and not have the Holy Spirit indwelling you???????? Romans 8:9 says, you won't belong to Christ.
Since I said nothing about Judas being saved (since he was not and Peter was) you are just making things up as you go along. Neither did I say anything about the absence of the Holy Spirit in believers. But Peter belonged to Christ before he received the gift of the Spirit, he did deny Him thrice, and Peter was not condemned to Hell.

Also, even though Christians do receive the Holy Spirit, they can and do sin because the flesh has not been eradicated. So if you claim to be sinless you (1) deceive yourself and (2) make God a liar.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

Perfection, yes (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv)).

Sinlessness, no (1 John 1:8).

If you sin but say you don't you are a liar, for all mankind has sinned and fall short of the glory of God. BUT if you confess your sins God will cleanse you of ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS and make you born again, no longer a sinner, but a child of God.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I said nothing about Judas being saved (since he was not and Peter was) you are just making things up as you go along. Neither did I say anything about the absence of the Holy Spirit in believers. But Peter belonged to Christ before he received the gift of the Spirit, he did deny Him thrice, and Peter was not condemned to Hell.

Also, even though Christians do receive the Holy Spirit, they can and do sin because the flesh has not been eradicated. So if you claim to be sinless you (1) deceive yourself and (2) make God a liar.

Which sin of the two disciples was worse? Judas telling the Pharisees where to find Him, or Peter denying He even knew him and cursing? The point is we will all willfully sin UNTIL the Spirit of Jesus enters us to make us born again. So Peter BEFORE receiving the Spirit is always a poor example, but people use it all the time. ROFL People don't realize that we MUST BE BORN AGAIN, nor what that entails.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how are we sinless what is perfection ?

Sinlessness:
1 John 3:5 (sins unto death) by Jesus on the cross
Matthew 6:14-15 (sins not unto death) by us His followers

Perfection: (life-long process)
2 Peter 1:5-7

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only the ones whose sins have been washed in the blood of Jesus. I am a new man, the old one has been rendered dead by God and He only sees Jesus. sorry Caiaphas, but your arguments didn't work in Jesus day and they are still wrong today.

Now ytou should gpo and learn what sinner or sin (singular) when not modified by a specific action actually means in the bible. But you probably won't.

This isn't Harry Potter. The blood of Jesus is not an invisibility cloak. The Father sees everything. The sins the Father doesn't see are the ones not committed.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Peter BEFORE receiving the Spirit is always a poor example, but people use it all the time. ROFL People don't realize that we MUST BE BORN AGAIN, nor what that entails.
i fail to see the laughing matter i see a lot of man made theology out there. we get the Holy spirit the moment were saved .w e have to learn to be led by the spirit . i love the famous quote since i got filled with spirit ..its not a one time thing it continuing process much like sanctification

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i fail to see the laughing matter i see a lot of man made theology out there. we get the Holy spirit the moment were saved .w e have to learn to be led by the spirit . i love the famous quote since i got filled with spirit ..its not a one time thing it continuing process much like sanctification

Peter is presented by some as a born again Christian at that time that he denied Christ. I do have to laugh at that.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is presented by some as a born again Christian at that time that he denied Christ. I do have to laugh at that.

sanctification IS a one time event at the same time as we are justified. All it means is when we are cleansed, we are set apart for righteousness. But being set apart is not a life-long process. Becoming like Christ in ALL attributes besides sinlessness IS a life-long process called glorification. It is the maturing of the fruit of the Spirit.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't Harry Potter. The blood of Jesus is not an invisibility cloak. The Father sees everything. The sins the Father doesn't see are the ones not committed.

YOu don't even know God if you believe that He will kick one of His children out of the kingdom if they commit one intentional sin after being saved.

Maybe you aren't Caiaphas- but Annas!

Christ is my righteousness, not my deeds.

that does not excuse sin- but causes me to love Him.

God does not see sin- because they are already paid for. Not just the ones you committed up to the point of salvation.

You make God an ogre and one I would never serve for He is not the God of the bible no matter what protestations you pretend ot make.

Jesus taught us to forgive 70X7 in a day if our neighbor sins against us, and you sit their on your faux self-righteous throne teaching people that God will not do what He commands us to do.

YOu need to learn Scripture and meet the living God who is rich in mercy and love and is patient with those whoim He saves.

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

If you would only get off your throne of self proclaimed superiority and learn what teh writer actuall is saying here, maybe you would not sound so arrogant and portray a false god on this thread.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sanctification IS a one time event at the same time as we are justified. All it means is when we are cleansed, we are set apart for righteousness. But being set apart is not a life-long process. Becoming like Christ in ALL attributes besides sinlessness IS a life-long process called glorification. It is the maturing of the fruit of the Spirit.

YOu don't even know the word of god nor the Spirit of God.

Sanctification is both a one time event and an ongoing process. but if you were even a casual student of the word, you would have learned that.

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Sanctified here is in the present (not past) passive participle in the accusative case.

Now because you don't appear to wish to study to show yourself approved let me show you what that means:

Present- statement of facct actually occuring in real time
Passive- the person spoken of is the recipient of the action
Participle having an ending in "ed" (if past) or "ing" if in the present or future.

So what God said here is- He has finished forever, those who are being made holy!

In other words oh pharisee- God declares us perfect because of the blood of Jesus, then gives us the Holy Spirit and begins the process of making us holy that goes on till we go home to be with Him.

Thus endeth the lesson and thus should end the false belief you were taught!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not see sin- because they are already paid for. Not just the ones you committed up to the point of salvation.

You make God an ogre and one I would never serve for He is not the God of the bible no matter what protestations you pretend ot make.

Believing that your willful sins are not seen makes God unjust to the unsaved who commit the same sins. John 8:32-36 is the TRUTH of the matter. Jesus TAKES AWAY our sin and makes us like Him. Did Jesus sin? No. He was our example, the firstborn of many brethren Romans 8:29-30. We serve a supernatural God, and it is a supernatural event of creating a new nature in us that does not willfully sin. Those who still do, are like the unsaved; their father is the devil.

Jesus taught us to forgive 70X7 in a day if our neighbor sins against us, and you sit their on your faux self-righteous throne teaching people that God will not do what He commands us to do.

Those is trespasses, Matthew 5:23-25 and Matthew 6:14-15, not willful sins of lawlessness 1 John 3:4.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sanctification is both a one time event and an ongoing process. but if you were even a casual student of the word, you would have learned that.

I'm not a student of the Reformation's false doctrine, that Jesus said, you have a name that you are live but you are dead. Know the truth, and the truth shall make you free - Jesus supernaturally changes us away from the old carnal man of the world. Those who are not born again of His Spirit do not belong to Him.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sanctified here is in the present (not past) passive participle in the accusative case.

Ron, the common definition of this doctrine of demons is that sanctification is a life-long process of US overcoming sin. NO! Jesus does it all! His Spirit cannot sin, and He gives it to us so we can be like Him. Those who claim Jesus but still willfully sin he will say, "I never knew you." Do you want to go to heaven, or still hang on to doctrines that will keep you defeated and belonging to the devil?

Just repent of the weakness in you that draws you to sin, and ask Jesus to save you from that powerlessness. Then ask Jesus for the same Spirit that is His to make you just like Him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing that your willful sins are not seen makes God unjust to the unsaved who commit the same sins. John 8:32-36 is the TRUTH of the matter. Jesus TAKES AWAY our sin and makes us like Him. Did Jesus sin? No. He was our example, the firstborn of many brethren Romans 8:29-30. We serve a supernatural God, and it is a supernatural event of creating a new nature in us that does not willfully sin. Those who still do, are like the unsaved; their father is the devil.

Wrong wrong wrong! The difference is the blood of Jesus has been applied to my account and to the unbeliever it has not been! The very righteousness that is Jesus has been imputed to my account. That is Gods Word as compared to yours.

Those is trespasses, Matthew 5:23-25 and Matthew 6:14-15, not willful sins of lawlessness 1 John 3:4.

Once again if you were not such a lazy student of Gods Word you would have known long ago that these are the same word in the greek --harmartia!

I'm not a student of the Reformation's false doctrine, that Jesus said, you have a name that you are live but you are dead. Know the truth, and the truth shall make you free - Jesus supernaturally changes us away from the old carnal man of the world.

Well I can't speak of the REformations False Doctrine, but I can speak that you are not a student of the INspired Scriptures either! If you were you would not hide behind a phony false sense of perfection.

I hope and pray you are not a teacher in your church- If you are and teach this vomit of yours, you will have a heavy burden to answer to before Our Father in heaven.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ron, the common definition of this doctrine of demons is that sanctification is a life-long process of US overcoming sin. NO! Jesus does it all! His Spirit cannot sin, and He gives it to us so we can be like Him. Those who claim Jesus but still willfully sin he will say, "I never knew you." Do you want to go to heaven, or still hang on to doctrines that will keep you defeated and belonging to the devil?

Just repent of the weakness in you that draws you to sin, and ask Jesus to save you from that powerlessness. Then ask Jesus for the same Spirit that is His to make you just like Him.
Go learnthe bible and get back to the real believers on this thread!

Jesus accomplished sanctification positionally for us. Now through the Spirit, He is making us what He has positioned or declared us to be!

Just like we are already seated in heavenly places in Christ. We really are, but really aren't at the same time.

These are what are known as position and experiential truths. Positionally God sees all His Children as perfect and without blemish because of Jesus. NOw He also is in the process of making us what He sees us as. that is the language of Scripture- anything else is a lie!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong wrong wrong! The difference is the blood of Jesus has been applied to my account and to the unbeliever it has not been! The very righteousness that is Jesus has been imputed to my account. That is Gods Word as compared to yours.

Once again if you were not such a lazy student of Gods Word you would have known long ago that these are the same word in the greek --harmartia!

Well I can't speak of the REformations False Doctrine, but I can speak that you are not a student of the INspired Scriptures either! If you were you would not hide behind a phony false sense of perfection.

I hope and pray you are not a teacher in your church- If you are and teach this vomit of yours, you will have a heavy burden to answer to before Our Father in heaven.

How in the world do you explain that Jesus takes away our sins, instead of the false doctrine that His blood just covers our sin while we keep sinning, and in Him there IS NO SIN. 1 John 3:5

Know the Truth - Jesus TAKES AWAY OUR SIN and CLEANSES US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. Not just a lid on a cesspool.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are what are known as position and experiential truths. Positionally God sees all His Children as perfect and without blemish because of Jesus. NOw He also is in the process of making us what He sees us as. that is the language of Scripture- anything else is a lie!

And what is the experiential truth? That you are a sinner and can't stop??? Wouldn't you rather be free from sin altogether and be like Christ? That is my experience. Or are you so in love with sin you can't live without it and have itching ears gathering false teachers around you who seem to let you have your cake and eat it too. But that cake is made out of manure.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you ever denied Christ have you ever sinned since being saved ? i will assure you its no laughing matter the work of sanctification is a on going thing .Judas hung himself peter wept bitterly. Godly sorrow brings repentance yes peter denied Christ but do we not also deny him when we sin? it is not a laughing matter
Galatians 6:1

“Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.” peters writing are deep inspired by God, he is been there done that .. not every one takes off like the apostle paul. peter was a rugged fisherman he was scared confused. what would you have said that day seeing everything Christ went through . someone come up to you and say hey aint you one of his people? you would have said well yes i am .Christ Loved peter he knew exactly what peter would do, he reacted in the flesh.. have you ? have you always dotted every I crossed every T to perfection. we have to grow in the grace and the knowledge . Go will judge the secrets of man heart by his son Christ Jesus . stop and listen to the roster crow and be honest.. peter never made excuses for his sins..

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How in the world do you explain that Jesus takes away our sins, instead of the false doctrine that His blood just covers our sin while we keep sinning, and in Him there IS NO SIN. 1 John 3:5

Know the Truth - Jesus TAKES AWAY OUR SIN and CLEANSES US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. Not just a lid on a cesspool.
do you believe in eternal security doctrine ?