Healing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, the "ears to hear", I believe equals the Holy Ghost.

I've always equated that saying with "understanding". Jesus usually used that phrase after one of His parables.

He who has ears to hear, let him understand.

Just a thought...

o

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always equated that saying with "understanding". Jesus usually used that phrase after one of His parables.

He who has ears to hear, let him understand.

Just a thought...

o
No disagreement on my part!

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Doesn't that verse really speak of understanding? And with regard to parables, what did Jesus say?

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." Matt 13:13-16

Consider it as Apostle Paul considered speaking in unknown tongues:

"If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God." I Cor 14:27-28

When Jesus spoke in parables and many people failed to understand Him, was it not that they had no interpreter?
Was not Jesus his own interpreter when he explained the parables clearly to his close and sincere followers?

Understanding, yes...

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus spoke in parables and many people failed to understand Him, was it not that they had no interpreter?

Does one need the Holy Spirit in order to have understanding?

I don't believe they do. But that's just my opinion.

p

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

p
I believe it is a must , if we don't wish to derailed by the Enemy. I can never trust my own " understanding" I always lean on The Holy Spirit to show me the way. God's way.
"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto your own understanding , in all of your ways aknowlege Him and He shall direct thy paths" Prov 3.5

That tells me that 'I' don't know nuffin. LOL

Reactions: tabletalk

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword wrote, Why did Jesus get on to the deciples for there lack of faith?

Because the Cross hadn't happened yet. The disciples were still under the Old Covenant.
What s that got to do with there lack of faith And Jesus getting on to them for it or letting them know why it never worked for them?
Under the OC we know that but your talking in riddles and pulling stuff from nowhere.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Under the OC we know that but your talking in riddles and pulling stuff from nowhere.

In the NC we have His faith, Ephesians 2:8. His disciples didn't have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them, thus this, Matthew 8:26.

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it is a must , if we don't wish to derailed by the Enemy. I can never trust my own " understanding" I always lean on The Holy Spirit to show me the way. God's way.
"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto your own understanding , in all of your ways aknowlege Him and He shall direct thy paths" Prov 3.5

That tells me that 'I' don't know nuffin. LOL

Ok.

Do you believe that some of the people, when Jesus spoke to the masses, were filled with the Holy Spirit?

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok.

Do you believe that some of the people, when Jesus spoke to the masses, were filled with the Holy Spirit?

o

No, because The Holy Spirit had not been given then.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds random but it relates to the topic.....

Did The main characters in the Wizard of Oz receive the healing they were looking for when the Wizard gave them the badge of courage, heart shaped watch, diploma, a trip home?

It seems to me that they were all healed because they realized that the external things only pointed to what they already possessed.

The very fact that Jesus spoke with love to the blind, lame, sick, demon possessed, economically shunned, religious rejects was the true healing - the physical results were secondary and unimportant. After you have been seen by God, the material world is mere shadow.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did The main characters in the Wizard of Oz receive the healing they were looking for when the Wizard gave them the badge of courage, heart shaped watch, diploma, a trip home?

It seems to me that they were all healed because they realized that the external things only pointed to what they already possessed.
I really liked that thought. Maybe it spoke something to me that you weren't actually meaning. But to me it said..." The answer is within you.
You don't need to get something , or receive something, in Me you have all things."
We know by the scripture that The Kingdom of Heaven is within us. But it takes revelation to see that that within us are all things, all the answers.
So healing comes from within. Him. ( Greater is He that is within...)
So, we already have the answer, it's just a matter of seeing it move from the inner man to the outer ( in the case of healing)
I do sometime grumble to the Lord because He is more interested in our inner man that the outer...yet at 75 I still care about the comfort and health of the outer, :D

The Oz characters were a good picture...

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because The Holy Spirit had not been given then.

Ok.

So what do you suppose Jesus meant when He said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear"?

As I stated, I believe He was making reference to understanding. He who has understanding, let him understand.

But if it is as you say, the Holy Spirit needs to be present in order for understanding to take place, what did Jesus mean when using that phrase?

Just curious...

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok.

So what do you suppose Jesus meant when He said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear"?

As I stated, I believe He was making reference to understanding. He who has understanding, let him understand.

But if it is as you say, the Holy Spirit needs to be present in order for understanding to take place, what did Jesus mean when using that phrase?

Just curious...

o
Now that's a good one, and almost needs it's own thread. :)

I did not know, so I asked "wisdom " sitting here. :)
He says he believes that God has always had a remnant. And we know by Old Anna, and Simeon in the Temple ..who it says were praying and waiting to see the glory of the Messiah. ( Simeon knew the baby Jesus as soon as he saw him come for circumcision ) So some in Israel were faithfully looking and waiting...
So hubby here says Jesus was talking to the "lookers and faithful waiters" in the crowd.
That's a better answer that I had..as I had nothing! LOL
Whatdoyouthink?

Reactions: Job

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really liked that thought. Maybe it spoke something to me that you weren't actually meaning. But to me it said..." The answer is within you.
You don't need to get something , or receive something, in Me you have all things."
We know by the scripture that The Kingdom of Heaven is within us. But it takes revelation to see that that within us are all things, all the answers.
So healing comes from within. Him. ( Greater is He that is within...)
So, we already have the answer, it's just a matter of seeing it move from the inner man to the outer ( in the case of healing)
I do sometime grumble to the Lord because He is more interested in our inner man that the outer...yet at 75 I still care about the comfort and health of the outer, :D

The Oz characters were a good picture...

Amen!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

p
Even persons without the Holy Spirit in them, as I see it, can only understand anything of the things of God by means of the Holy Spirit. Most people. even unbelievers, do understand some things of God, but without the Holy Spirit, they cannot grow toward God. A person may not recognize or acknowledge the source, but that is how I understand it.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So hubby here says Jesus was talking to the "lookers and faithful waiters" in the crowd.
That's a better answer that I had..as I had nothing! LOL
Whatdoyouthink?
They hung Him on a cross the lookers and faithfull. There were none.
He who has an ear is simple. any one who listens and excepts what He says.
its for anyone so none are with an excuse. We need to hear except and then act accordingly. And most dont so they dont have an ear. How simples that.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They hung Him on a cross the lookers and faithfull. There were none.

Probably "lookers" was the bad word to use.
I thought that those reading my post would obviously know I was talking about those who were looking FOR and waiting for the Messiah .
Which many had been doing since the days of Moses...it was a promise made to Abraham!
You saying that "there were none, and that they
crucified Him" is not what my Bible says..maybe your does? :rolleyes:
I already mentioned Anna,
Simeon,
"Simeon; the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.... "
And there was one Anna, ....And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of Him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

We know obviously that the wise men also were "looking for" the King that God showed them.
If you want to believe that only these few I mentioned here , were "lookers and faithful".....then you go right ahead , be my guest.
Sometimes I think you answer before you give yourself time to think .

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He answers according to what he knows and understands. To say there were no faithful followers of Jesus who witnessed His crucifixion is a good example of his understanding of the scriptures.

k

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Was not Jesus his own interpreter when he explained the parables clearly to his close and sincere followers?
and particularly, doesn't anyone find it significant that they obviously still did not understand, even though "it is given for you to understand..."?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is it not lookers your husband said ok thats fine just wondered stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I thought you quoted your husbands words.

Probably "lookers" was the bad word to use.
I thought that those reading my post would obviously know I was talking about those who were looking FOR and waiting for the Messiah .
Which many had been doing since the days of Moses...it was a promise made to Abraham!
You saying that "there were none, and that they
crucified Him" is not what my Bible says..maybe your does? :rolleyes:
I already mentioned Anna,
Simeon,
"Simeon; the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.... "
And there was one Anna, ....And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of Him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

We know obviously that the wise men also were "looking for" the King that God showed them.
If you want to believe that only these few I mentioned here , were "lookers and faithful".....then you go right ahead , be my guest.