Healing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the NC we have His faith, Ephesians 2:8. His disciples didn't have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them, thus this, Matthew 8:26.
Matt 8:26 is not the rebuking scripture I am referring to for lack of faith. He gave them power to go and after that they failed and He rebucked them lightly. But told them the failed for lack of faith. So in your statement you said God heals with His faith. If its Gods faith and the job never got done bu=y yout thinking Its Gods fault. It was then who failed not God. So please tell me why jesus rebucked them for not healing the boy.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So please tell me why jesus rebucked them for not healing the boy.

“How long must I remain with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy here to Me.”…

John 14, He didn't leave us orphans.

The disciples walked and talked with Jesus but did not have the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, that happened at Pentecost only, Acts 2.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and particularly, doesn't anyone find it significant that they obviously still did not understand, even though "it is given for you to understand..."?
Even so! This is certainly the case. Today too many people, I believe, read the parables and Jesus' explanations to the few and still do not really understand His explanation. If we are faithfully paying attention and in submission to the Lord and we NEED to have a better understanding, will He not give it to us?

Too often, we believe that we already have what we need on something, so we effectively close our ears even though it may be God that is speaking to us. Do we always recognize His Voice?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“How long must I remain with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy here to Me.”…

John 14, He didn't leave us orphans.

The disciples walked and talked with Jesus but did not have the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, that happened at Pentecost only, Acts 2.

Jesus gave them power. before the Holy Spirit. and he also gave power to the 72.

I see you are refusing to answer the question. This is why we must watch what we say and need to know what we are talking about before saying what we think. As we will be pulled on it.
So the they did in fact have power to heal the boy and failed. Jesus pulled then for there lack of faith.

Once again the question remains. You said its Gods faith. So sorry but that is not true.
Why did Jesus rebuke them if its Gods faith? As you said?

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus gave them power. before the Holy Spirit. and he also gave power to the 72.

I see you are refusing to answer the question. This is why we must watch what we say and need to know what we are talking about before saying what we think. As we will be pulled on it.
So the they did in fact have power to heal the boy and failed. Jesus pulled then for there lack of faith.

Once again the question remains. You said its Gods faith. So sorry but that is not true.
Why did Jesus rebuke them if its Gods faith? As you said?

What part of they lacked faith and why they lacked faith do you not understand? I have proven why with scripture, I have engaged over and over with you with the same question being answered, over and over. Why are you continuing to browbeat me?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What part of they lacked faith and why they lacked faith do you not understand? I have proven why with scripture, I have engaged over and over with you with the same question being answered, over and over. Why are you continuing to browbeat me?
Well may be I missed the answer I am very sorry if I did. can you please quote where you posted it as I never saw you answer the question anywhere. Over and over would be really hard to miss. can you quote me a few of them thanks.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mark 9:14-29
And when He came to his disciples, He saw a great multitude about them, and the scribes questioning with them.....
16 And he asked the scribes, What question ye with them?
And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
.. he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto Me. ...
....have compassion on us, and help us.
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
Jesus rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him....
Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

And when He was come into the house, His disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
And He said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Jesus was teaching them that all demons are not all the same level or strength as each other.
This one obviously needed more than but a simple expelling...it needed extra prayer and fasting also.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have engaged over and over with you with the same question being answered, over and over. Why are you continuing to browbeat me?

That's what he does. He bombards you with ridiculous questions, then accuses you of avoiding him and running away. Long Knife suffers from a condition called NPD. Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
People with this disorder crave and demand attention. His "browbeating" is one of the tactics he uses to gain that attention. You will never be able to answer his questions to his satisfaction. In all actuality, he doesn't even care whether you answer his questions. He just wants someone to pay attention to him. He has a desperate need to be noticed.

If you want the narcissist to leave you alone, the best thing to do is ignore them.

o

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mark 9:14-29
And when He came to his disciples, He saw a great multitude about them, and the scribes questioning with them.....
16 And he asked the scribes, What question ye with them?
And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
.. he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto Me. ...
....have compassion on us, and help us.
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
Jesus rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him....
Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

And when He was come into the house, His disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
And He said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Jesus was teaching them that all demons are not all the same level or strength as each other.
This one obviously needed more than but a simple expelling...it needed extra prayer and fasting also.
Yes but that is not the point our freind said that the faith came fro God. yes it did, But we have to excercise it. Thats why Jesus rebucked them a little . Because they failed. For lack of faith. So if its was only Gods faith then Jesus could not rebuke them. Fasting and prayer are only spending time with God. You cant fast or pray on your own. So its more to do with real time with God.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's what he does. He bombards you with ridiculous questions, then accuses you of avoiding him and running away. Long Knife suffers from a condition called NPD. Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
People with this disorder crave and demand attention. His "browbeating" is one of the tactics he uses to gain that attention. You will never be able to answer his questions to his satisfaction. In all actuality, he doesn't even care whether you answer his questions. He just wants someone to pay attention to him. He has a desperate need to be noticed.

If you want the narcissist to leave you alone, the best thing to do is ignore them.

o
I wonder what the attraction is about me for you. You cant post with out mentioning me. I dont come after you you follow me like a child and I see what you are saying actully fits you. Your life looks like its incomplete with oput me :)

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You will never be able to answer his questions to his satisfaction. In all actuality, he doesn't even care whether you answer his questions.

Yeah, true, and I don't have the time for that nonsense. I enjoy the conversation on this site, it's like sitting around the table having a chat about our favorite topic, Jesus. We may not be right, we may be wrong, but it's fun and I've learned quite a few things so far.

You're the equivalent of a train wreck.

Harsh but funny. :D

Reactions: Helen

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever seen God? Physically? Have you ever stood face to face?

o
Have you ever answerd a question I asked . Have you ever backed any of your false claims? Have you ever put more than one line in a post.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but thats only your opinion. which equates to your false accusations that you cant back up in this thread or any other for that matter. what hve you posted of any value in your last 20 posts. Nothing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I wonder what the attraction is about me for you. You cant post with out mentioning me. I dont come after you you follow me like a child and I see what you are saying actully fits you. Your life looks like its incomplete with oput me :)
ha you wanted attention, so now you're getting it lol. Recanise bro

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Armadillo

Yes but that is not the point our freind said that the faith came fro God. yes it did, But we have to excercise it. Thats why Jesus rebucked them a little . Because they failed. For lack of faith. So if its was only Gods faith then Jesus could not rebuke them. Fasting and prayer are only spending time with God. You cant fast or pray on your own. So its more to do with real time with God.
Bump just incase you missed. still waiting for some off those posts please quote then for me again thanks.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Armadillo

Bump just incase you missed. still waiting for some off those posts please quote then for me again thanks.

You killed this thread for me, good job, and this is the last time I will respond to you unless you stop distracting and start contributing.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You killed this thread for me, good job, and this is the last time I will respond to you unless you stop distracting and start contributing.

Unless you're in the mood to bicker over mindless accusations, never respond to his baiting.

Ignoring him will piss him off more than anything you could ever say to him.

o