Heart Talks on Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Laurina

john 3: 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

This is not a suggestion by Jesus. it is a requirement, I am confused as to why people think they can see the kingdom and become holy when they are not yet born again.
Ephesians 2:1

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,

Romans 8:10-11
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies

Being born again has top deal with the forgiveness of sin. The circumcision of the flesh.. the removal of the wage of sin.

Reactions: Keturah

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's too bad, I was hoping that discussion on this thread could avoid all this toxicity. We were doing fine here until today. I really wish we could stick specifically to this topic of what is being called a "second blessing" and declare a cease-fire from ad hominem comments.
I was hoping for that also! But now we have the toxicity, and that's that.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Laurina

john 3: 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

This is not a suggestion by Jesus. it is a requirement, I am confused as to why people think they can see the kingdom and become holy when they are not yet born again.
Ephesians 2:1

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,

Romans 8:10-11
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies

Being born again has top deal with the forgiveness of sin. The circumcision of the flesh.. the removal of the wage of sin.
Not many here will see this error of yours...but Jesus doesn't take away the wages of sin in order to grant eternal life to people.

Aircraft do not cancel gravity. They overcome gravity by the law of flight. When you enter INTO an aircraft you partake of the law of flight so that gravity doesn't kill you. The law of life in Christ Jesus doesn't cancel the law of sin and death...it sets you free from it. Not from its penalty...but from its power...by a greater power. What you erroneously call "works"...is actually truth and reality.

The whole biblical formula should remain intact...which you have one cancelling the other ...so you are misreading the bible and misunderstanding the gospel.

Look at what the bible actually says...

Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

One does not destroy the other. For your scheme to be right...it would read "For the wages of sin are no longer death...

It's like a formula that says..."Gravity makes you fall and die, but the law of flight preserves your life IN an airplane"

It would not mean that gravity no longer makes you die.

You, as well as many here, have believed the Lutheran lie that grace is only a cover-up for sins...or as you say...the penalty of sin is removed because of a preferential treatment by God towards certain people with certain beliefs...as if God was a respecter of persons in judgment.

You don't see grace as the power of God OVER sin because like many here...you haven't yet experienced grace.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not many here will see this error of yours...but Jesus doesn't take away the wages of sin in order to grant eternal life to people.
Then your still dead in your sin

If we does n6ot take away the wage, he does not take away the death..
Aircraft do not cancel gravity. They overcome gravity by the law of flight. When you enter INTO an aircraft you partake of the law of flight so that gravity doesn't kill you. The law of life in Christ Jesus doesn't cancel the law of sin and death...it sets you free from it. Not from its penalty...but from its power...by a greater power. What you erroneously call "works"...is actually truth and reality.
leave it to you to use a secular thing to try to explain spiritual truths

Your right though, The law is not removed. It must be redeemed. That is what Christ did on6 the cross..
The whole biblical formula should remain intact...which you have one cancelling the other ...so you are misreading the bible and misunderstanding the gospel.

Look at what the bible actually says...

Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

One does not destroy the other. For your scheme to be right...it would read "For the wages of sin are no longer death...

It's like a formula that says..."Gravity makes you fall and die, but the law of flight preserves your life IN an airplane"

It would not mean that gravity no longer makes you die.

You, as well as many here, have believed the Lutheran lie that grace is only a cover-up for sins...or as you say...the penalty of sin is removed because of a preferential treatment by God towards certain people with certain beliefs...as if God was a respecter of persons in judgment.

You don't see grace as the power of God OVER sin because like many here...you haven't yet experienced grace.
The wage of sin is death’

the gift of God is life.. how_?

Through redemption which is through Christ
through the justification which is `by faith
through new birth. Which is only possible through the cross

SInce you will not acknowledge John 3. And how jesus was lifted up to save us from certain death. You can only see what you want to see.

You can’t be made alive while under the penalty of sin

What you preach is modern day phariseeism..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's too bad, I was hoping that discussion on this thread could avoid all this toxicity. We were doing fine here until today. I really wish we could stick specifically to this topic of what is being called a "second blessing" and declare a cease-fire from ad hominem comments.
Sadly, He thinks he has to come to the rescue..

Reactions: Lizbeth

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not address this... you went on to say....

To be born again, one must draw God's attention, no?? How do we draw God's attention....by our faith and our deeds!!! Able succeeded to draw God's attention, now we must also do so in order to be born again, to be born of the Spirit. So, I will ask again, are you Cain or Able?

John 3:20, 21
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
One is born again by believing that His Son died on the cross as penalty for all sin.

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life."

Deeds don't accomplish salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God—not the result of works, so that no one may boast."

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One does not even have to be a spiritual person to discern religious bigotry. YOU indeed need to have faith in Christ...and stop just pointing Him out. You are in fact pointing in the wrong direction...since you don't know Christ...only a religious representation of Him.

You are constantly using the Lord's name in vain. And you think that....along with knowledge, wisdom and understanding...is nothing to consider as being important. To people here that is not offensive...as they play in their religious puddles. But it is offensive to God.

Anyone can grandstand, virtue-signal, be sanctimonious....etc Only religious hypocrites do such things. Only indoctrinated people DON'T see that.

Be a troll if you want. This is a free forum.
Ones faith is not in Christ if they believe not His words . You fail the gospel of Christ epi .
You follow another jesus , another gospel . Till the log is pulled from your own eyes you cannot help a soul ,
let alone yourself . Troll is one of the kinder words the enemy of the true Christ have called me .
So long as i have breath , JESUS GETS POINTED TOO . And the reminders i bring shall not decrease but only increase .
Not even a pinkie toe of your social gospel will be allowed entrance . JESUS will be pointed too on my watch .
The dire need to BELIEVE ON HIM will be my continual reminder . Throw all the words and reasonings you like
But i wont be slowing down at all .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is disregarding the dire need for faith in Christ??
EPI DOES . and he aint alone either . There are others .
If one believes NOT on Christ , its all vain no matter what they teach .
And another persons main lady who they supported and called christain
is now trying to use the bible to justify transgendersim . I knew she was false a long , long time ago .
She only continues to get worse . her name OPRAH wimphrey .
Yet to some me calling her false is seen as an attack against the brethren . NO SHE FALSE . SHE IS FALSE .
As are many others who are trying to claim they believe in Christ yet do the works of darkness .
As for me , I SHALL POINT TO THE DIRE NEED to BELIEVE ON HIM . And to the fact
we better all watch out , cause many can even claim to believe on HIM and yet are following another jesus .
Its not looking good for many . But men do as men do , lambs will do as JESUS said to do .
BELIEVING ALL THINGS HE taught and later the apostels left us in the bible . Not picking and choosing .
Not suppressing the truth so folks can get along . PREACHING THE TRUTH no matter the cost .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One is born again by believing that His Son died on the cross as penalty for all sin.

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life."

Deeds don't accomplish salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God—not the result of works, so that no one may boast."
TELL that to the mulsims who you so often defend . YEAH its all about BELIEVING ON CHRIST . you got that RIGHT .
But the muslims follow another jesus . They do not know GOD , they are false . as false as the athiest
as false as the buddist , as false as any other path which dont HONOR the VERY SON GOD DID SEND .
LEARN IT JIM . And beware pope francis . HE FALSE TOO .

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Son died on the cross as penalty for all sin.

Penalty of sin?

“For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.” (2 Peter 2:20)

Sounds like there’s still a penalty to me…

:hmhehm

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

No Jim. Being born again is by the will of the Father. No one comes to Christ unless the Father draws him.

This is not necessarily concerning being born again. That is a very presumptuous claim to think that only the born again choose to follow Christ...or obey His teachings.
You are only seeing one dimension of salvation. Are you talking about being saved from sin NOW...in a supernatural resurrection walk? (which is the whole point in being born again now instead of after you die). Or later as an inheritance among the nations of them that are saved? Are you talking about the saints who dwell in the holy city?

Only those who have been indoctrinated have a cardboard cut-out, sloganeering approach, to eternal truth.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HEY EPI , they come to CHRIST , not budda , not other paths . TO CHRIST . like cornelious did .
You the one preaching the wrong gospel my friend . JIM , dont fall for epi and his response .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TELL that to the mulsims who you so often defend . YEAH its all about BELIEVING ON CHRIST . you got that RIGHT .
But the muslims follow another jesus . They do not know GOD , they are false . as false as the athiest
as false as the buddist , as false as any other path which dont HONOR the VERY SON GOD DID SEND .
LEARN IT JIM . And beware pope francis . HE FALSE TOO .
I don't defend Muslims, or properly, defend Islam. What I have said, and will continue to say, is that they worship the same God as Christians and Jews. "Allah" is the Arabic word for God. Why are you distorting what I write???

Muslims know God, as do the Jews, regardless of your disagreeing. They are not "false" (whatever that is supposed to mean.) And so does the Pope. Who are you to decide who knows God and who doesn't??

Reactions: JosephZ

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Penalty of sin?

“For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.” (2 Peter 2:20)

Sounds like there’s still a penalty to me…

:hmhehm
I have no idea what your out-of-context quote is supposed to mean. Maybe if you used a better translation than the KJV your understanding would improve!

Which sins are not covered by Christ's sacrifice, according to you?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't defend Muslims, or properly, defend Islam. What I have said, and will continue to say, is that they worship the same God as Christians and Jews. "Allah" is the Arabic word for God. Why are you distorting what I write???

Muslims know God, as do the Jews, regardless of your disagreeing. They are not "false" (whatever that is supposed to mean.) And so does the Pope. Who are you to decide who knows God and who doesn't??
The jews who did not believe on JESUS didnt even know GOD jim . SO how on earth can a muslim know GOD .
THEY dont .
SURE the muslims claim to keep torah . SO DID THE UNBELIEVE JEWS JIM . BUT NEITHER ONE HONORS THE SON .
Thus neither one knows GOD jim . You do realize that folks can THINK they know GOD and yet DONT .
The jews who did not believe even told the blind man who was healed , WE KNOW MOSES , as for this other , JESUS we KNOW
not from whence he came . Later JESUS tells them , IF YOU BELIEVED MOSES you would have BELIEVED ME .
The muslims KNOW NEITHER GOD , abraham , moses or the prophets , or torah . THEY only think they do .
TIME TO PREACH JESUS TO ALL THE LOST , and muslims , buddist , atheist and any other religion IS LOST jim .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what your out-of-context quote is supposed to mean. Maybe if you used a better translation than the KJV your understanding would improve!

Which sins are not covered by Christ's sacrifice, according to you?
and he shall convict the world of SIN . OF SIN because they BELIEVE NOT ON ME . THERE IT IS JIM .
Oprah is false , pope francis is false , kenneth copeland and scores of others are false .
THIS progressive new age religoin must be exposed for the LIE it is . IT HAS REMOVED the dire need to BELIEVE ON CHRIST to be saved .
IT A LIE FROM HADES .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
and he shall convict the world of SIN . OF SIN because they BELIEVE NOT ON ME . THERE IT IS JIM .
Oprah is false , pope francis is false , kenneth copeland and scores of others are false .
THIS progressive new age religoin must be exposed for the LIE it is . IT HAS REMOVED the dire need to BELIEVE ON CHRIST to be saved .
IT A LIE FROM HADES .
save-image.png