Heart Talks on Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we all share the same definitions of sin, myself.

I think that failing to hope the best, to think the best of others is sin, do you? Keeping in your mind the catalog of what others have done wrong, that's sin, right? To assume evil things of others, is this sin?

Much love!
Heres a simple definition . Sin is doing or supporting anything GOD calls evil . Anything GOD has said to do
if we try and find another way around it , IS SIN . What starts with a B and ends with an E . BIBLE .
Time we learn that GOD , that CHRIST and all sound doctrine .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that God will reveal to you His will in this!

I've been heartsick as well over what happens in some of these threads.

Much love!
My heart is sick at what i am seeing . Folks preach another way to GOD and others just try and get along with them .
EXPOSE THE LIE . PEROID .
Sorry for the caps but i am long wore out with the lie and the support of the lie and others just trying to find a way to get along
with those who preach the lie .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you and yes, I most definitely believe I understand the translation and agree that we are being sanctified and being made into the image of Jesus daily, it doesn’t happen overnight, it’s a process, that only the Holy Spirit can do.

That’s what I believe at this present moment in time.....unless of course the Holy Spirit shows me that I’m in error....I can’t see it changing though, as I’ve believed this for years.

We are constantly being made into the image of God’s glorious Son,Lord Jesus.
I don't believe that is accurate. No one grows into Christ. It's impossible. It is a human charade...like the Catholic version...Purgatory. People will go to any lengths to NOT seek the face of God to walk IN Christ.

The reason???? People only want the free stuff. They will not sell all to follow Christ. Just like the "rich young ruler." However, rather than leave God entirely...we just "go our own way" as he did.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that is accurate. No one grows into Christ. It's impossible. It is a human charade...like the Catholic version...Purgatory. People will go to any lengths to NOT seek the face of God to walk IN Christ.

The reason???? People only want the free stuff. They will not sell all to follow Christ. Just like the "rich young ruler." However, rather than leave God entirely...we just "go our own way" as he did.
Buddist cant walk IN CHRIST so long as they follow the religoin o budda . same for a muslim , same for any other religoin .
And as far as the main lady of some folks , OPHRA wimphrey is FALSE . Her lie is the LIE from hell .
And now we see her getting only worse and worse as she now uses the bible to support transgenderism .
Repeat after me , PROGRESSIVISM stemmed FROM SATAN . PEROID .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My heart is sick at what i am seeing . Folks preach another way to GOD and others just try and get along with them .
EXPOSE THE LIE . PEROID .
Sorry for the caps but i am long wore out with the lie and the support of the lie and others just trying to find a way to get along
with those who preach the lie .
You are part of the disease. Pontificating and sanctimonious ravings are sickening.

Why not start a thread about..say...how often you point to Christ in one day...or something like that. Start a competition to see who can do the most pointing. Maybe one point for every point???

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are part of the disease. Pontificating and sanctimonious ravings are sickening.

Why not start a thread about..say...how often you point to Christ in one day...or something like that.
I wont let even your big toe come in with the lie . I am fine as is , exposing the lie
and constantly and continously reminding all THEY MUST BELIEVE IN CHRIST or its all vain .
The diseased are the ones who try to find their own way to GOD . ME , BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS
and all that we need we shall have to walk as we ought .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Why not start a thread about..say...how often you point to Christ in one day...or something like that. Start a competition to see who can do the most pointing. Maybe one point for every point???
At least I made Laurina laugh. The rest of you religious ones need to lighten up and not take yourselves so seriously. That kind of smug attitude is bad for the faith of the inner man. It is truly disgusting.

Reactions: Laurina

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wont let even your big toe come in with the lie . I am fine as is , exposing the lie
and constantly and continously reminding all THEY MUST BELIEVE IN CHRIST or its all vain .
The diseased are the ones who try to find their own way to GOD . ME , BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS
and all that we need we shall have to walk as we ought .
OK. That might count as 2 points there...You are in the lead at this "point".... :rolleyes:
:oops:

Reactions: Laurina

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least I made Laurina laugh. The rest of you religious ones need to lighten up and not take yourselves so seriously. That kind of smug attitude is bad for the faith of the inner man. It is truly disgusting.
What is disgusting and an abomination is letting folks believe a lie .
The one you preach epi . Without faith in CHRIST , ITS ALL VAIN EPI . YA GOTTA BELIEVE
and you cant be lying with words that imply buddists , muslims and whateverelse ms can pick up the cross
without believing IN CHRIST . EGO cant carry the cross epi . GOTTA believe in HE who was crucified on it .
THEN ye can pick up that cross and follow him .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is disgusting and an abomination is letting folks believe a lie .
The one you preach epi . Without faith in CHRIST , ITS ALL VAIN EPI . YA GOTTA BELIEVE
and you cant be lying with words that imply buddists , muslims and whateverelse ms can pick up the cross
without believing IN CHRIST . EGO cant carry the cross epi . GOTTA believe in HE who was crucified on it .
THEN ye can pick up that cross and follow him .
You take all the "fun" out of "fundamentalism." Go start an ego thread to tell us how pure you are.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You take all the "fun" out of "fundamentalism." Go start an ego thread to tell us how pure you are.
Your the one who thinks man can be pure without BELIEVING IN CHRIST EPI . I was about to tell you to go make
a thread about EGO and to tell us how pure you are , BUT PARD YOU DO IT ALL THE TIME .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Brother, with respect, I have no idea what you are talking about here, so will leave it there...for the moment anyway...Have a great day!.LOL.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where people deviate from the truth. And also why so few experience resurrection life. No longer having sin as a lifestyle is a good step forward. Our "Old Man" is "crucified" so that the same things that used to please us have changed.

But this is not due to us now being holy. We will still sin...as Paul states in Romans 7. The sample of FREE grace is insufficient to overcome sin and translate us into the kingdom walk in the Spirit. We need to be baptized in the Spirit for that.

At that point we are to go to the cross...and seek the FULL MEASURE OF GRACE ....at the throne of grace. But this will cost us everything. The many parables of Jesus confirm the cost of this step INTO Christ...where holiness is found.

The Life that is in Christ must be bought...the cost of the fulness of God in Christ? All we have and are.

An entire sanctification is NOT gradual and a slow process by works and trial and error. No it is by grace through faith. It is instantaneous. As we sell ALL to be joined to Christ we receive His perfection. (Not His maturity, that is still something we have to grow into).

Nobody grows into holiness. But once we are in a holy place we grow into Christ-likeness from there. Like the Promised Land cannot be conquered in the wilderness walk.

What most people do is "bury their talent" and believe the lie that sanctification is a process...thus not obligating them to go to God to receive of HIS fulness.
@Ritajanice This person admits he still sins. and is not sinless.. So in his own view. He does not live up to what he demands..

he also rejects christian growth as a means of sanctification.

then again, he denies salvation through faith in the cross and the forgiveness of ALL sin based on Christ taking our penalty in our place.. so it makes sense

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:14
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

New Living Translation
For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy.

English Standard Version
For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Berean Standard Bible
because by a single offering He has made perfect for all time those who are being sanctified.

Berean Literal Bible
For by one offering, He has perfected for all time those being sanctified.

King James Bible
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

New King James Version
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
if we look in the greek.

Perfected is in the perfect tense - a completed action

Sanctified is in the present tense passive an ongoing action

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These translations ...all translations...tend to be limited to the interpretation of the translators. If you want to trust that you understand what is being said...fine. Enjoy the interpretation.

But there is some errors therein.

1. "Has perfected forever" is not supported elsewhere...where one needs to work out ones own salvation...etc. So then no one becomes perfected instantly...UNLESS...the author is speaking of a LOCATION where perfection already exists.

What does it say in the Greek...it says "INTO forever" or "into eternity".

So this is about location, location, location. Holiness is about location...to be where Jesus is, in His abiding place with the Father.
yes, this is error

Perfected forever is all over scripture. the legal term is being justified. or being made righteous.. which is what perfected means.

And the word perfected is verb, ACTIVE, Indicative, it is a completed action that is active forever means how long it is active,, forever into forever. however you read it. is not a future event, it is already complete.

what you are doing is showing how to not read a passage.. or reading a passage to fit your belief, and not to make your belief fit with the passage
2. the "being sanctified" is also wrong. That is assuming that sanctification is a process based on time rather than location. The Greek is in present tense meaning that are "NOW sanctified." ...them that are sanctified.
again, this is wrong.. If he wanted to say are sanctified., it would have been perfect tense not present tense. A present tense word is used when something is ongoing. whoever reads this at any time at any day and any hour is reading that this act of sanctification is occuring within them right them and there
So then the one who are holy (sanctified) have been translated into the kingdom of God where the perfection of Christ is found...to walk as Jesus walked.

If anyone wants to not understand...outer darkness needs people too.
lol. Holiness (to be like God) requires perfection. If personal holiness in the flesh is required to be sanctified. then no one will ever be sanctified..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be discouraged. The outer man is basically Cain...and he is always trying to kill Abel. Allow your own outer man to be attenuated...but have courage in the inner man...and turn to God with that in mind. No need to see the terrible condition of those who have been brainwashed into limiting God for the sake of self-interest.
if she continues to listen to you she will not only be discouraged, she will be lost

Her inner man needs to be born again, Made right with God. made alive, or her outer man will remain dead.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Luke 8:14-15

14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.
15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you and yes, I most definitely believe I understand the translation and agree that we are being sanctified and being made into the image of Jesus daily, it doesn’t happen overnight, it’s a process, that only the Holy Spirit can do.

That’s what I believe at this present moment in time.....unless of course the Holy Spirit shows me that I’m in error....I can’t see it changing though, as I’ve believed this for years.

We are constantly being made into the image of God’s glorious Son,Lord Jesus.
if Only EPI would see this biblical truth