HEAVEN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T

TravisT

What does your vision of Heaven look like?

For me I look forward to sitting at Christ feet and learning and being amazed by his infinite power,knowledge and being for all eternity.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A place of blissful holiness where evil and darkness is nonexistent. An all embracing aura of love, contentment, joy, and satisfaction. All while enjoying intimate fellowship with the Father, Son, Spirit, and all the saints.

:69_y:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
i think time will be different. like when Jesus taught to not worry about past and present but be content in the moment. maybe it will be similar to dreams, when we dream a dozen stories of a dozen lifetimes all in a 10 min nap.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It is a spiritual domain in which God exists. I can't imagine it because it doesn't exist in the physical and we don't go there when we die. Our destiny is eternal life in Christ Jesus and that eternal life will be on the new Earth in the New Jerusalem.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Administrator,

What a wonderful topic. My view of heaven is as you say `sitting & learning at Jesus` feet.` Then I also see functioning as His Body, community of people taking part in what God has planned in His ever unfolding creativity in the ages upon ages that will come. Utterly awesome & beyond words in detail.

I reject those views that try & bring Christ`s Body back to earth. Yes, some people (the nations) will be there, & some have been promised the new Jerusalem,(the spirit of righteous men) but the Body of Christ is bound for the highest heaven where the Lord Jesus Christ`s seat of power is & will forever rule from. Other realms are all under His rule & we can go through various realms as the Lord desires but our `home,` seat of authority is in the third heaven.

Blessings, Marilyn.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Marilyn C said:
I reject those views that try & bring Christ`s Body back to earth. Yes, some people (the nations) will be there, & some have been promised the new Jerusalem,(the spirit of righteous men) but the Body of Christ is bound for the highest heaven where the Lord Jesus Christ`s seat of power is & will forever rule from. Other realms are all under His rule & we can go through various realms as the Lord desires but our `home,` seat of authority is in the third heaven.
Why would you reject something that is very obvious in scripture?
1 Corinthians 15:51-53
1Thess 4:13-18
Rev 20:1-6
Rev 21:1-4

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There where people in heaven not long after Christs resurection

Rev 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Rev 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Administrator said:
What does your vision of Heaven look like?
1. Being able to visit and talk to God anytime of the day.
2. Being the complete opposite of nervous when entering the boss's office.
3. Amazing Sunday meetings.
4. Competing with angels at Olympic style events.
5. God serving us at the great banquet. Greatest in heaven is the humblest. God is the greatest. God is the humblest.
6. Receiving rewards based on how much God can trust me. I imagine myself looking after a planet of aliens.
7. Hell duty once a week. God loves his enemies. IE He takes care of them.
8. Taking orders from Job. Who won't?
9. Having all the resources I need to invent and create whatever I want.
10. Listening to God crack jokes all day long until I reply politely with an 'enough is enough'.
11. Always receiving new rhema's on how good and great God is.
12. Unlike earth where we can work with each other all day long and yet not interact for years. We will stop and talk to all who cross our path.

I guess the follow up question should be ''What we imagine heaven will not be like''. Perfect and doing nothing but singing for eternity, I can't imagine. We are perfect in God's eyes. This does not mean we are ever ''perfect''. Sanctified, not perfect. I imagine myself still debating and getting annoyed with Stan for example :). Just on a much faster internet.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
jaybird said:
i think time will be different. like when Jesus taught to not worry about past and present but be content in the moment. maybe it will be similar to dreams, when we dream a dozen stories of a dozen lifetimes all in a 10 min nap.
I don't see how a creation can ever be free of time. God is outside of time. We and angels are not.

Ecc 3:3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. (Note ''every'').
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you. (Note He did not say ''a place is prepared'').
Matt 8:29 Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time, (Note that angels in the spiritual realm grasped God dealing with them on a time basis)
Rev 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison (John was not shown any timeless future).

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
justaname said:
A place of blissful holiness where evil and darkness is nonexistent. An all embracing aura of love, contentment, joy, and satisfaction. All while enjoying intimate fellowship with the Father, Son, Spirit, and all the saints.

:69_y:
Agree with the all embracing aura of love. But non existent evil? I don't see. I see more angels rebelling. I see many saints being un-saintly. Free will remains forever. A perfect marriage is wishful thinking. My wife is always perfect in my eyes. Due solely / chiefly to her decision to marry me. Wife from free will > Stepford wife, despite her faults of which she has many. We are forever sanctified by the blood of Jesus. Our evil will never reach an extreme level / mortal type sin.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For starters, I have been convinced that there are countless seats
going around (360 degrees) God's throne ... with the closest seats
reserved for the holiest of saints. Those who just barely manage
to get into heaven will be seated in the very back rows,
which will be miles (in our understanding of distance)
from God's throne!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
KingJ said:
I don't see how a creation can ever be free of time. God is outside of time. We and angels are not.

Ecc 3:3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. (Note ''every'').
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you. (Note He did not say ''a place is prepared'').
Matt 8:29 Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time, (Note that angels in the spiritual realm grasped God dealing with them on a time basis)
Rev 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison (John was not shown any timeless future).
Under heaven it says.

Even in a timeless environment you need a creator, or you would have infinite nothing. Christ had to prepare a home for us or we wouldn't have a home.

Those legion demons were in this world and bound by time.

The thousand year reign may very well happen while time still exists.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
KingJ said:

i never said without time i said it would be different. thats why i gave the examples of how time passes in dreams and what Jesus taught.

our perception of time is nothing like it was in in the past.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
Why would you reject something that is very obvious in scripture?
1 Corinthians 15:51-53
1Thess 4:13-18
Rev 20:1-6
Rev 21:1-4
Hi StanJ,

That would make a good discussion, but I wont derail this thread. When I have time I will follow that thought up bro, on its own thread.

Marilyn.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Marilyn C said:
Hi StanJ,

That would make a good discussion, but I wont derail this thread. When I have time I will follow that thought up bro, on its own thread.

Marilyn.
I don't think it's off topic or derails this thread at all, but you did bring it up so I addressed it. Up to you when and where you want to respond to it but this does seem to be the appropriate thread.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
lforrest said:
1. Under heaven it says.

2. Even in a timeless environment you need a creator, or you would have infinite nothing. Christ had to prepare a home for us or we wouldn't have a home.

3. Those legion demons were in this world and bound by time.

4. The thousand year reign may very well happen while time still exists.
1. True.
2. This kind of thought just blows the mind.
3. It just makes no sense really. There was a time they were in heaven. Then a time they were not. Now they live with time because of our events. When there has always been events even for them.
4. I just don't see how time can ever exist if there are always events to prepare for. Anyway, I guess we will just have to wait and see.