Heaven ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.
And when he had so said, there arose a dissension between the Pharisees and the Sadducees: and the multitude was divided.
For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both." Acts 23:6-8

Amen...great scripture, well chosen.
So it seems it has always been an ongoing question!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amadeus...you find these obscure verses! Obscure to me anyway.
Thank you. You know just which one to post.

:) Me too, I thought it was an excellent choice of scripture...hit the spot.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.
And when he had so said, there arose a dissension between the Pharisees and the Sadducees: and the multitude was divided.
For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both." Acts 23:6-8
the issue imo is that "dead" means two different things, and "spiritually dead" is elevated, seems to me. Why i didn't ask a rabbi when i had one more easily available i don't know, duh. It just never came up, and i had lots of other Qs. Does the avg Jew on the street today (even exist?) believe in Res, or not, i wonder?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That was a good one... I really liked some of those...

I liked :-
"There isn't anything after life, because life never ends. It just goes higher and higher. The soul is liberated from the body and returns closer to her Source than ever before. "

I myself have often used the phrase..when losing a loved one..."They have gone from life...to Life .."
This world is just a shadow of things to come, which are the Real.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, if we were speaking of a physical place perhaps, but are we?

this cannot be understood as long as we assume/accept heaven is a carnal/physical place full of carnal/physical joy etc - this is what Jesus meant by not being able to tell us about heavenly things whilst we are stuck in the earthy things - heaven and hell are in our hearts which itself is in our minds and our heart/mind is not physical/material but mental/spiritual and so HEART speaks to hearts and MIND to minds imho - twincs

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
That was a good one... I really liked some of those...

I liked :-
"There isn't anything after life, because life never ends. It just goes higher and higher. The soul is liberated from the body and returns closer to her Source than ever before. "

I myself have often used the phrase..when losing a loved one..."They have gone from life...to Life .."
This world is just a shadow of things to come, which are the Real.

just a better more acceptable version of reincarnation of the sages of the ages eventually terminating in resurrection imho - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus...you find these obscure verses! Obscure to me anyway.
Thank you. You know just which one to post.
That my dear sister is the help that God provides. Anything good comes from Him. Anything NOT good comes from the old man of flesh of me.

Reactions: Pisteuo

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
That my dear sister is the help that God provides. Anything good comes from Him. Anything NOT good comes from the old man of flesh of me.

our local singer sings it well as "last night I dreamed I was in heaven but you weren't there, so I was crying like a baby searching for you everywhere - without you heaven could not be heaven without you so I said to an angel in my shame return me to where and whence I came and to my joy I heard the angel say if you go how will I stay for heaven cannot be enjoyed without you - so how will we enjoy heaven if someone we know and love or do not even know does not make it - imho - twinc

Reactions: amadeus

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
our local singer sings it well as "last night I dreamed I was in heaven but you weren't there, so I was crying like a baby searching for you everywhere - without you heaven could not be heaven without you so I said to an angel in my shame return me to where and whence I came and to my joy I heard the angel say if you go how will I stay for heaven cannot be enjoyed without you - so how will we enjoy heaven if someone we know and love or do not even know does not make it - imho - twinc

it seems it is not really and fully realised and/or accepted what happened one Christmas long ago that was and should be glad tidings of great joy but has now been twisted as if not so imho - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so how will we enjoy heaven if someone we know and love or do not even know does not make it - imho - twinc
yes, nice, obv that person is "remembered," as opposed to "not remembered" though, yes? So iow a false perspective is asserted @ someone remembered who is characterized as being absent

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it seems it is not really and fully realised and/or accepted what happened one Christmas long ago that was and should be glad tidings of great joy but has now been twisted as if not so imho - twinc
i think this is bc it was not the birth of Jesus that is meant to be remembered, but the resurrection of Christ that is. Christmas strikes me as a literal elevation of the flesh intended to diminish the spirit iow; a counterfeit way to practice grace, which is a gift received without strings. A way to practice "an eye for an eye."

Eye give you a present if you, assuming you will give me one, right
nvrmnd the exceptions, speaking generally.

of course even Christmas did not start out that way i guess