Heaven ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
will all be in the same heaven which could even be hell for some - as on earth could hell be heaven for some - twinc

Reactions: bbyrd009

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Samuel (to Saul) seemed pretty clear to me, yes; "You and your sons will be here with me."

what does 'in my Father's house are many mansions' imply - your dog might be in heaven with you to your joy but probably to someone elses fear - twinc

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
will all be in the same heaven which could even be hell for some - as on earth could hell be heaven for some - twinc

If you are living in your ego, you are sanctifying yourself for Hell - it will not matter where your soul resides after death; your eternity (never changing state of being) will be selfish, self center, radically individualized, isolated, bitter, hateful, and dominated by pride. You will never be able to apologise, forgive, forget, or connect with another being.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Samuel (to Saul) seemed pretty clear to me, yes; "You and your sons will be here with me."

But is that not because the time had/has not yet come for the Judgement Seat There great "Holding tank" it seemed back then to be happening...remember the story of the rich man and Lazarus....Luke 16 they could see each other..even speak...but in two different places..." there was a great gulf fixed"

This was not heaven, neither was it hell...and all before the cross.

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
what does 'in my Father's house are many mansions' imply - your dog might be in heaven with you to your joy but probably to someone elses fear - twinc
hmm, i gathered that there would be other sects, as in Good Samaritan types or whatever, from that; dunno about fear in heaven? And "mansions" is kind of pushing the envelope, too, imo; but i'm alla sudden up to three diff words for mansion! hmm Bible Search: mansions interesting
i kind of like "nest" there, for the sense of the wind blowing; and just reading down that link list, i think i'll stick with it for now!
but great, now i gotta do a study on how many mansions in Scripture lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you are living in your ego, you are sanctifying yourself for Hell - it will not matter where your soul resides after death; your eternity (never changing state of being) will be selfish, self center, radically individualized, isolated, bitter, hateful, and dominated by pride. You will never be able to apologise, forgive, forget, or connect with another being.
ever wonder why? that we are no longer "covered" is all i could come up with, and that still doesn't really explain why one could not still change their minds

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
there was a great gulf fixed
but we might witness a "great gulf" between two ppl who disagree, standing right next to each other, yes?
But is that not because the time had/has not yet come for the Judgement Seat There great "Holding tank"
can't really buy judgement in tomorrow, or holding tanks much anymore. Might be true, dunno

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well not ant's or bears, cats and trees, they have a different relationship requirement in heaven.

Heaven is just a big place where everyone has the ultimate relationship.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
can't really buy judgement in tomorrow, or holding tanks much anymore. Might be true, dunno

Then where are they all now? All those who have gone ahead?
I used to believe that they are all dead and “asleep” ...but too much stuff shows otherwise...
The parables of Jesus...Elijah and Moses on the mount...
Plus too many have had near death...or actual death experiences...far too many to just discount their being places where all the souls are gathered.

‘This one of those unanswered great mysteries.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then where are they all now? All those who have gone ahead?

When a sinner repents, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God. Your departed loved ones, who knew Jesus Christ while alive on earth, are the ones who understand the joy of sins forgiven and salvation of the soul. Angels don't understand what being born-again is.

Luke 15:10, In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

This one of those unanswered great mysteries.

Not anymore, lol. Unless of course, you disagree. ;)

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
most certainly a place but exactly where it could be and is, is not realised or even suspected

God created the heavens and the earth and prior to the fall, the earth was perfect. Now imagine earth with no curse and no death, it will take your breath away, and I suspect, it's heaven.