Hebrew 6 and Blasphemy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in l980, i was a very green and young christian. At some point,i sinned,though now i dont remember what it was. And i read Hebrews 6,and convinced myself i had blasphemed the Holy Spirit and i was doomed,never to be forgiven.
I sought pastors on this,they would tell me i hadnt,but could not explain those scriptures to me.
I went on to become a deacon. Later pastor of a church. I put on a front to hide my fears,but deep down it haunted me and i never had that blessed assurance. I always doubted i was saved. Then i was told finally what was meant by Hebrews 6 and what Paul was talking about. Then after 40 years of doubt and fear i finally,was able to accept and know that i was saved.
Dont fret Hebrews 6,we all sin and will until we leave this life.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in l980, i was a very green and young christian. At some point,i sinned,though now i dont remember what it was. And i read Hebrews 6,and convinced myself i had blasphemed the Holy Spirit and i was doomed,never to be forgiven.
I sought pastors on this,they would tell me i hadnt,but could not explain those scriptures to me.
I went on to become a deacon. Later pastor of a church. I put on a front to hide my fears,but deep down it haunted me and i never had that blessed assurance. I always doubted i was saved. Then i was told finally what was meant by Hebrews 6 and what Paul was talking about. Then after 40 years of doubt and fear i finally,was able to accept and know that i was saved.
You're not going to tell us who and what they said?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you in fear of it?
Not at all. I'm afraid for the Church that it won't be a spotless Bride for Christ's return. There are so many false doctrines out their authored by Satan.

There are two types of sin. Sins unto death - willful sins against your Spirit led conscience. Mortal sins against the moral part of the Ten Commandments, themselves. This is Hebrews 10 and 6. 1 John 3:4. These are the type of sin that Jesus completely cleanses and TAKES AWAY out of our very nature making us born again and filled with the power of the Holy Spirit to sin no more. That is righteousness.

The other is Sins NOT unto death - we will all do those until ALL our fruit of the Spirit is mature. You are mistaken that we are doomed to commit those for as long as we live. That is perfection and holiness.

Last edited:

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. I'm afraid for the Church that it won't be a spotless Bride for Christ's return. There are so many false doctrines out their authored by Satan.

There are two types of sin. Sins unto death - willful sins against your Spirit led conscience. Mortal sins against the moral part of the Ten Commandments, themselves. This is Hebrews 10 and 6. 1 John 3:4. These are the type of sin that Jesus completely cleanses and TAKES AWAY out of our very nature making us born again and filled with the power of the Holy Spirit to sin no more. That is righteousness.

The other is Sins NOT unto death - we will all do those until ALL our fruit of the Spirit is mature. You are mistaken that we are doomed to commit those for as long as we live. That is perfection and holiness.
You will only be perfect and holy through Christ. You are still a sinner for as long as you live.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinning against the holy spirit is a very hard judgment to get Joe. My understanding of it is that you would have to know God well, and deliberately work against His purposes. You mentioned an account where one has done that and there then was no redemption, but notice why. First of all they were a born again Christian, all of those know God well, and He personally anointed them with His holy spirit, then they chose to leave the faith, which means they left Him. Therefore God said it was impossible to revive them.

Reactions: St. Joseph

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, the Hebrews 6 Message by Apostle Paul is about one who was a believer that had actual Heavenly evidence through spiritual gifts that turned away from Christ into a non-believer.

It is actually about the unpardonable sin, which is blasphemy against The Holy Spirit. That means the unpardonable sin can ONLY be committed by a believer that turns their back on Lord Jesus with no longer believing, and thus denying those gifts of The Holy Spirit.

It is not... about the believer on The Father through His Son Jesus Christ that messes up at times, and needs to ask Jesus forgiveness.

That is why Paul said the following in final about that one who had 'evidence' by The Holy Spirit, but then rejected Christ Jesus...

Heb 6:8
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
KJV

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually,Hebrews 6 is Pauls warning to the Jews who were converted to christianity,not to go back to sacrificing animals for their sins. If they did,it would be as if Christ never came and died for them and he would be of no use to them.
They would go back to living the law and,and under those conditions,Christ cannot save a person.
The same thing was happening with the Galatians. They were dhristian,then,"Who has bewitched you".
When we put something else before Christ,or add anything to Saved by grace through faith,we are like the Hebrews and Galatians

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually,Hebrews 6 is Pauls warning to the Jews who were converted to christianity,not to go back to sacrificing animals for their sins. If they did,it would be as if Christ never came and died for them and he would be of no use to them.
They would go back to living the law and,and under those conditions,Christ cannot save a person.
The same thing was happening with the Galatians. They were dhristian,then,"Who has bewitched you".
When we put something else before Christ,or add anything to Saved by grace through faith,we are like the Hebrews and Galatians
That's the same thing as turning away... from belief on Jesus Christ, is it not??

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, except for one point: there is no evidence that Paul wrote Hebrews.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your very last short paragraph about not to fret because we all sin is confusing as relates to Hebrews 6, as the aforementioned isn't discussing simply sinning. The essence of Hebrews 6 is found in verses 4-6. Keep in mind this letter was written to newly converted (saved) Hebrews and relates to them falling away after having been converted, and the dangers thereof, with the intent of reaffirming and strengthening them in Christ so as to avert falling away. Also. Hebrews 10 further expounds on this.

4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Reader...
Hebrews 6 and 10 have harmed more believers thn any other verses.
They will harm you, if you have not been taught some correct understanding of SALVATION and Redemption.

This is why Hebrews 13:9 says what it says....

"Establish your heart (of FAITH) with GRACE"......= the correct understanding of the GRACE of GOD.

..and if you dont do it, then a "doctrine of devils" will grab your mind and have you in misery for YEARS.
This happens, because the Devil uses His ministers on forums, in pulpits and in commentaries.... to teach what is given to unsaved Jews as "for the believer".
Forums like this one, are filled with people who are used by the Devil, to use those 2 chapters in Hebrews, AGAINST the Cross of Christ to try to ruin the faith of a REAL Believer.

Paul tells us that we have to "rightly divide" the word of God.
This simply means that you dont point a verse at yourself that is not DOCTRINALLY given for the born again......and there are many of them..

Listen...
All verses can be used as instruction, but not ALL for DOCTRINE.
And what the devil does, .. is he uses weak, deceived, religious nuts....who are very self righteous.... to take a few verses that are directed at Christ Rejecting HEBREWS......to try to ruin your faith and put you in a anxiety ridden, fearful, state of mind, that can put you in a place of torment for years.

Ive dealt with so many who have been harmed by so called 'christians', who have no ministry, no calling, no wisdom, no good sense, and no ability to "rightly divided" the NT, and whose faith is DEAD, Broken, Subverted.... .... and all they do, is show up on "christian" forums, to try to harm REAL BELIEVERS with "Hebrews 6 and 10".

These people are led of the Devil, and they are literally doing the devil's work.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“…Do not My words do good to him who walks uprightly?” (Micah 2:7)

And you are one of the worst offenders of the Cross.
You only show up on this forum to try to use Hebrews against the Born again.
You have no other reason to be here, as that is all you do.
That is your Satanic ministry, Michiah-Imla.
You have your circular reasoning ONE VERSE mind, and its all you have to offer here.

And you'll do it again, as you have no other reason to be on this Forum, or on any forum, other then to try to ruin the faith of a REAL Christian.
You are a deceived deceiver.
Be glad im not a Mod, as your last day to try to harm real believers, would have been my first day as a Mod.