Hebrew Roots ends now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
addiction is willful sin slavery ...hello??? If you are still in it ...you didn't Overcome anything. You think as long as you still have a bush to hide behind, you are somehow still Saved. There are different types of withdrawals for whatever repeated willful sin you are doing. Clean your Temple to become Baptized for real this time.

A Child of GOD has self-control. Are you even attempting to stop?
Who are you talking to? Who does not have "self control" you speak about?
Self control is a fruit of the spirit.

Gal 5:22-23". But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

I don't know if someone is not moving in his/her Christian walk as fast as you would have them. Let's let the Spirit work on the heart.

Hebrews 4:4-8 " For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. If they shall enter into my rest. they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Jesus did not speak of another day. The Sabbath was a memorial of Creation.
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Exodus 20:11 "11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
The Lord God is our Creator. Almost the same mention of what He created in these two verses.

Rev 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
Here are they that keep the commandments of God.

Anyway, are you referencing disgust toward a certain person who is a Hebrew Roots person? You accuse them of things, addictions. Are they members here, or do you come here to let off steam?

T

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter with the vision of unclean animals coming down on a sheet (Acts 10:9–16)

Acts 10:28 God showed him he should not consider Gentiles to be unclean or common (unworthy of hearing the Gospel). This is what led Peter to visit Cornelius and preach the Gospel to other non-Israelites.

God was telling Peter all animals have been made clean to eat. So how does your Mosaic Law fit with this?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrew Roots needs a way to link CHRIST'S Law to Mosaic Law ...because they don't have CHRIST'S Law written to their hearts. So they bring up Mat 23:1-3 and claim the large crowd had Gentiles in it ...JESUS was here first for the Jews. They need JESUS to be telling Gentiles to observe pharisees which is laughable. A pillar of their fake religion has just been removed.

Mat 23:1-3
Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.​

What's mind blowing to me is that they can claim to do these 613 laws somehow ...and therefore be self-righteous ...but also look at Romans 7 the same exact way a dead spirit does ...as an excuse to sin. ...just wow.

Their pharisaical scheme to game the system ended in 70 A.D. It's extra comical that Hebrew Roots wasn't even a thing 10 years ago.
They think giving up half of a fallen life through the Law of sin and death can pass through Judgment because they made their own definition of who gets Saved (tree of knowledge of good and evil).

None of this is about JESUS, they just pretend that it is. We all know upholding the Old Covenant is declaring JESUS didn't Fulfill anything. Their goal is squeeze the Law of the Jews in without real Christians noticing what they are up to. They never consider Mosaic Law was for physical Jews 2,000 years ago ...not the surrounding Gentiles.

Hebrew Roots is people trying to uphold the Mosaic Law because they would rather do those 613 laws than give up drugs and masturbation. They are trying to clown GOD, it isn't working.

If you know of one, just show them this Scripture:

Acts 15:5-10
But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

//If the yoke of sin slavery isn't on the Reborn ...then the yoke of The Law of sin and death isn't on them either. It's all about CHRIST'S Law now. Being Grieved is His Law on your heart.

JESUS' Walk was eating from The Tree of LIFE.

Mosaic Law didn't let you eat from that Tree. The Law of sin and death was in place so that when The MESSIAH came ...you could be counted as Righteous with Him ...long after you were physically dead. The Law of sin and death vanished away.

Hebrews 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Galatians 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law? IT WAS ADDED BECAUSE OF TRANSGRESSIONS, TILL THE SEED SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Rom 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: FOR YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

//Are they claiming that "the law of sin and death." isn't about The Mosaic Law?

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

YOU need to chill out dude! Your whole answer is dripping in hate.

Reactions: Cassandra

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 3:6 KJV
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Matt 5, Jesus uses commandments as examples, and makes them even more than they were before, not less.

Adultery went from the act to harboring the idea.
Kill went from the act to even being angry with your brother. I don't see that as getting rid of the commandments.

The ordinances are not the Ten commandments, they are the ceremonial laws.

Why do you accuse them of doing drugs and the other thing you keep mentioned?
For I WILL give them a new heart , not a stony heart but one of flesh .
HE will write His laws upon our minds and in our hearts .
Many folks forget that . See we know we dont LOOK to the law to save us
but we know not to trangress either . LOVE dont transgress , it actually fullfills the righteousness of the law .
It wont steal , it wont kill , it wont do its neighbor no evil , no harm .
Folks dont realize all that JESUS came to do .
Not only to save us , but to free us from SIN that we should live unto righteousness .
Loving GOD above all and our neighbor as ourselve , FULLFILLS the Righteousness of
the LAW . Do we then make void the law , GOD forbid yea we establish the law .
The righteousness of the law is upon the heart of a lamb .
As for meats , drinks and days , that is ceremonial worship .
I speak of the actual righteousness of the law .
Let each be fully persuaded , concering meats drinks and days , in their own minds .
I will make my law HONORABLE . I will magnify my law . THE LAW OF CHRIST .
And your right , Most folks miss that too .
JESUS shows us where true evil begins . IF we even LOOK upon a woman
to lust after her , ITS called adultery
IF we even hate our neighbor is considered murder .
HE Didnt come to omit but to FULLFILL . Sin becomes very sinful
to the heart of a lamb .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 3:6 KJV
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

So give life and not spew death! I have no clue about teh Hebrew Roots movement. But to rant in a forum that is not directly addressed to Hebrew Roots is definitely the wrong answer.

Reactions: Cassandra

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[2Co 3:9 KJV]
For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

[2Co 3:11 KJV]
For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

[2Co 3:15 KJV]
But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter with the vision of unclean animals coming down on a sheet (Acts 10:9–16)

Acts 10:28 God showed him he should not consider Gentiles to be unclean or common (unworthy of hearing the Gospel). This is what led Peter to visit Cornelius and preach the Gospel to other non-Israelites.

God was telling Peter all animals have been made clean to eat. So how does your Mosaic Law fit with this?

Before Moses! Even Noah knew the difference between clean and unclean. And Peter never said "Oh boy, we can eat pork now. It is also exemplified in Acts 11:1-18 :
11 The apostles and the believers throughout Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God. 2 So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers criticized him 3 and said, “You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them.”

4 Starting from the beginning, Peter told them the whole story: 5 “I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to where I was. 6 I looked into it and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles and birds. 7 Then I heard a voice telling me, ‘Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.’

8 “I replied, ‘Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.’

9 “The voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’ 10 This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up to heaven again.

11 “Right then three men who had been sent to me from Caesarea stopped at the house where I was staying. 12 The Spirit told me to have no hesitation about going with them. These six brothers also went with me, and we entered the man’s house. 13 He told us how he had seen an angel appear in his house and say, ‘Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. 14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.’

15 “As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ 17 So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?”

18 When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life.”

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ESV version just to get the message across:

2Co 3:10-11 ESV
Indeed, in this case, what once had glory has come to have no glory at all, because of the glory that surpasses it.

For if what was being BROUGHT TO AN END came with glory, much more will what is permanent have glory.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 3:7-8 ESV
Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, WHICH WAS BEING BROUGHT TO AN END,

will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did those last Verses really just say what i think It did?

Pretty sure their once a week Sabbath is Carved in stone. JESUS Said it was for man.

They are upholding the Law of sin and death as a mask over their beast image.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Rom 10:3 ESV]
For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and SEEKING TO ESTABLISH THEIR OWN, they did not submit to God's righteousness.
[Rom 10:4 ESV]
For CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW for righteousness to everyone who believes.
[Rom 10:5 ESV]
For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them.
[Rom 10:6 ESV]
But the righteousness based on faith says, "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God bless Israel!

Genesis 12:3 (NKJV)
3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you;
That means they who are worthy of the Title Israel. who truly are serving God in fact. not to mention for 2000 years they who are worthy of the Title Israel are they who are truly born again, The Saved in Jesus Christ in fact. as outside of such are not worthy regardless at all, just because one makes a claim that they are a Jew means nothing at all to God !

In the OT we have some Jews that were worthy of the Title Israel because they served God ! and fact is not many of the Jews were worthy of God, so what % of the Jews were truly worthy of God 10% maybe ? not to mention only two people were given the Title in the Bible as being Israel, one should not take the regards of such a issue lightly, sadly most so called Christians have no regard for what Israel truly means, as they jumble all into one ? claiming that all Jews are Israel:rolleyes:. The Jews were not worthy, only a true Israelite was worthy in fact, not all who were in the Tribe of Israel were worthy in fact, as Jesus said, not to dismiss them who did not take to his word and to leave such a one directly, do not even take the sand on your sandals with you from such ! because such are blind to Israel in fact.
For anyone worthy of Israel would know Jesus is the Christ, just as Nathaniel did directly in fact.
Nathaniel is a Key point in all this in fact. but why do the Churches not inform you of Nathaniel ? as what Christian does not understand all about Nathaniel ? Any worthy Priest would be informing about Nathaniel, for if they avoid Nathaniel you know they are of Satan.

So nowadays one will get some fool claiming, that if one is bagging the so called Jews of today ? you are out of step with God ?
For they claim that this people are Gods people and that you will be cursed for saying anything against such as them who claim they are Jews ? but this only shows the outright ignorance of the moron claims ! For they do not know God nor Jesus Christ in fact !
The fact is that the only people worthy of Israel are truly born again Christians in fact, for they are Israel, just as it was when Jesus disciples became the first Christians because they were truly born again in fact. The Lights went on ! before that they only had faith ? because they did not know ! but when they knew, they were saved directly !
No one is worthy of God unless you know Christ Jesus, if you have even 1% of doubt in Christ Jesus, you are not truly Saved and not worthy of Israel in fact.

Anyone and all who stands against Jesus Christ is a curse in fact. they are a blight and of this world, not worthy at all of the Kingdom of God in fact !

Reactions: pittsburghjoe

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But BEFORE faith came, we were kept UNDER guard by the law, kept for the FAITH which would afterward be revealed. THEREFORE THE LAW WAS OUR TUTOR TO BRING US TO CHRIST, that we might be justified by faith. BUT AFTER FAITH HAS COME, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A TUTOR.
Galatians 3:23-‬25

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Gal 4:9 KJV]
But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

[Gal 4:10 KJV]
Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

[Gal 4:11 KJV]
I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

[Gal 4:21 KJV]
Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i didn't write this, but i like it:

"Christ fulfilled and abolished the 613 Laws of Moses. That law has not existed for nearly 2000 years. If you think you are in His favor by pretending to keep them , you are in grave danger. He destroyed the Temple, priesthood, city, nation, laws and all their authority. He’s in charge now and those who love Him keep His Law. Stop lusting after the old way. He made a NEW heaven and earth, a NEW way. He dwells with His people in the NEW covenant kingdom. You will NOT enter His kingdom the Old way and YOU are in no way keeping every jot and tittle of the Law of Moses. Hypocrites do not inherit His kingdom."

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was that about bacon again?

1 Timothy 4:1-5 GNT
he Spirit says clearly that some people will abandon the faith in later times; they will obey lying spirits and follow the teachings of demons. 2 Such teachings are spread by deceitful liars, whose CONSCIENCES ARE DEAD, as if burnt with a hot iron. Such people teach that it is wrong to marry AND TO EAT CERTAIN FOODS. But God created those foods to be eaten, after a prayer of thanks, by those who are believers and have come to know the truth. Everything that God has created is good; nothing is to be rejected, but everything is to be received with a prayer of thanks, 5 because the word of God and the prayer make it acceptable to God.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't want to Obey The Son because they want to avoid CHRIST'S Moral Law. They want to self-pleasure themselves.

Is JESUS not LORD to them? Do they get that they are attempting to Bridge to The Father without His Son?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews were about flesh without a living spirit inside them. The Mosaic Law was about getting them Saved After JESUS arrived so they could be counted as Entering The Kingdom. It lost its Power to Save after the Reborn Living Spirit became available.

Abraham's Seed was New Jerusalem's Seed ...The Faith we all must have to be Children of Promise. JESUS and the Reborn Jacobs are what crush the head of the serpent. We Overcome the beast via The Seed that is JESUS.

[Gen 3:15 KJV]
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.