Hebrew Roots ends now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 4:12-14 KJV
And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
via Julie:

Here’s the definition of sin

~James 4:17
Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

~John 9:41
Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

This is the test, do you know what you’re doing is wrong? Your conscience will always tell you…
And if you claim to be born again and say you see, you are without excuse.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
via Julie:

Here’s the definition of sin

~James 4:17
Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

~John 9:41
Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

This is the test, do you know what you’re doing is wrong? Your conscience will always tell you…
And if you claim to be born again and say you see, you are without excuse.

Yep. that's right. Who is disputing that?

Who the heck is Julie?

Reactions: DuckieLady

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS does Cover us if we are in a Living Relationship with Him. Most don't know that means Obey Him ...not just saying "LORD, LORD".

We Lift JESUS up to be our LORD and Obey Him.

The Reborn Image is our Righteous Washed, in His Blood, Robe. Our Wedding Garment. The Covering that Adam and Eve only had an animal for.

Hebrew Roots thinks they are upholding the Old Covenant without an animal to cover them.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:5
Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:11 May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see, and their backs be bent forever.” 11I ask then, did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Certainly not! However, because of their trespass, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous. 12But if their trespass means riches for the world, and their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!…

//and yet Hebrew Roots thinks they should model themselves after them.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deu 29:12-14 KJV
That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the LORD thy God, and into his oath, which the LORD thy God maketh with thee this day:
That he may establish thee to day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto thee, and as he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.
Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[2Co 3:14 KJV]
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
[2Co 3:15 KJV]
But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
[2Co 3:16 KJV]
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
[2Co 3:17 KJV]
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Hebrew Roots wants to remain a bond servant to the Law of sin and death.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just give thanks, no need for your rituals anymore:

Luke 11:39-41 ESV
And the Lord said to him, "Now you Pharisees cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.

You fools! Did not he who made the outside make the inside also?

But give as alms those things that are within, and behold, everything is clean for you.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, wonder if "Jew" is the cursed name. They were slain in 70 A.D. Yes, we go by a different name now.

[Isa 65:15 KJV]
And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

So Heaven and Earth passed away:
[Isa 65:17 KJV]
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

New Jerusalem
[Isa 65:18 KJV]
But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

Children of GOD in The Reborn Age are not going to drop out after a few days, and a sinner dropping out at a hundred will be accursed.

[Isa 65:20 KJV]
There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't Honor The Son when they think they can uphold the Old Covenant instead:

[John 5:23 KJV]
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

[John 6:57 KJV]
As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

[John 6:58 KJV]
This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:46-47
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words

"The Lord has said: "These people praise me with their words, but they never really think about me. They worship me by repeating rules made up by humans." Isaiah 29:13

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrew Roots
Hebrew Roots needs a way to link CHRIST'S Law to Mosaic Law ...because they don't have CHRIST'S Law written to their hearts. When the fundamental premise requires reading minds and knowing the hearts of others, it's probably nonsense. Lets' see...

So they bring up Mat 23:1-3 and claim the large crowd had Gentiles in it ...JESUS was here first for the Jews. They need JESUS to be telling Gentiles to observe pharisees which is laughable. A pillar of their fake religion has just been removed. I have never heard anyone say that. It is moot, anyway. Jesus told His followers to obey the Torah. Obeying the Torah is following Jesus. That is what He did. Otherwise, He was a sinner. Matthew 5:19. 1 John 3:4

(Mat 23:1-3)
What's mind blowing to me is that they can claim to do these 613 laws somehow ...and therefore be self-righteous ...but also look at Romans 7 the same exact way a dead spirit does ...as an excuse to sin. ...just wow.

That is the opposite of “self-righteous.” Jesus said to seek His Father's righteousness. His Father's righteousness is the Torah. If one obeys the Torah, he seeks YHVH's righteousness. If one makes up their own rules, they are self-righteous. I don't know anyone who claims to obey 613 commandments. It cannot be done because there is no Temple. The point of the Law is choosing your Master. If you observe Sunday, Christmas and Easter, then the Pope is your Master. If you obey the Torah, then Jesus is your Master.

Their pharisaical scheme to game the system ended in 70 A.D. It's extra comical that Hebrew Roots wasn't even a thing 10 years ago. There have always been Torah observant believers in Jesus. All of His disciples were Torah observant. All the people they taught were as well. Just because you didn't know about it does not mean it didn't exist.

They think giving up half of a fallen life through the Law of sin and death can pass through Judgment because they made their own definition of who gets Saved (tree of knowledge of good and evil). That, again, requires mind reading on your part. But, it doesn't even make sense anyway.

None of this is about JESUS, they just pretend that it is. We all know upholding the Old Covenant is declaring JESUS didn't Fulfill anything. This is where your education comes into question. You were taught “Jesus fulfilled the Law” means “you don't need to obey it any more.” “Fulfill” means to “fill to overflowing.” Jesus filled up the meaning of the Law to overflowing by being the subject of the Law. John 5:46, Luke 24:44 Their goal is squeeze the Law of the Jews in without real Christians noticing what they are up to. They never consider Mosaic Law was for physical Jews 2,000 years ago ...not the surrounding Gentiles. Again with the mind reading. It seems their goal is to obey Jesus' Father, which is what Jesus said to do. So, YOU are a “real Christian?” Hmmm...

Hebrew Roots is people trying to uphold the Mosaic Law because they would rather do those 613 laws than give up drugs and masturbation. They are trying to clown GOD, it isn't working. Projecting again, or just more mind reading?

If you know of one, just show them this Scripture:
(Acts 15:5-10)

Let's look at the entire chapter, that way we can know what is going on.

Acts 15:1 The men from Jerusalem said, “these men cannot be saved unless they FIRST get circumcised and obey the Law.” Paul said calling on the Name was good enough to “get saved.” But, what about growing in their knowledge? Barnabas said, “tell them to stop these 4 sins, then they can join the Jews in the synagogues on the Sabbath to hear the Law of Moses.” (Verses 19-21) The issue was, “does the Law save you?” No. It doesn't. AFTER you get saved, the Law is the instructions in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:15-17 Timothy had the Law from childhood. He did NOT have the NT from his youth.

//If the yoke of sin slavery isn't on the Reborn ...then the yoke of The Law of sin and death isn't on them either. It's all about CHRIST'S Law now. Being Grieved is His Law on your heart.

JESUS' Walk was eating from The Tree of LIFE.

That's just stuff you made up.

Mosaic Law didn't let you eat from that Tree. The Law of sin and death was in place so that when The MESSIAH came ...you could be counted as Righteous with Him ...long after you were physically dead. The Law of sin and death vanished away.

More stuff with no basis in fact.

You think the Torah is the “law of sin and death.” That tells me you have no idea what it is.
The Law of sin and death is “the soul that sins, it shall die.”

Now we get to see how wrong a person can be when they use a single verse to try and prove something:

Hebrews 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Renewing the covenant doesn't make the Law no longer exist. Let's read verses 8-12.

Verse 8 says the fault lies with the disobedient. The solution is a covenant where YHVH's Law is written on their hearts. This is quoting Jeremiah, so we know that it is the Torah, not some law that can't be defined. So, the new covenant is with whom? Do you see the word “Gentile” in there anywhere? No. You don't. There are no Gentiles in the renewed covenant. The new covenant is with the houses of Israel and Judah. Now, if you would like to join one of those groups, go follow the instructions from Acts 15:19-21.

Galatians 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law? IT WAS ADDED BECAUSE OF TRANSGRESSIONS, TILL THE SEED SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

The wickedness of men was so great that YHVH gave them a Law to govern themselves. The blood of Messiah will cleanse us from our sin. But, the Law still defines sin. 1 John 3:4. Violating the Law is the definition of sin. Some people have the desire to do what pleases their Father in heaven. Some don't. There are only 2 kinds of people: law keepers and law breakers.

Rom 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: FOR YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.

This is one of my favorites! Let's read 2 more verses, shall we?
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Paul is saying “do not sin!” “Obey the Law.” "The Law you obey defines your Master."
Your Master could be Jesus, which means you follow Him and obey Him. He obeyed the Law perfectly, and told His followers to obey even the smallest detail of the Law. Or, your Master could be someone that tells you to defy YHVH's Law, make up your own law, and do whatever is right in your own mind. They might even reverse engineer Scripture to justify wanton disobedience. They might take pagan sex festivals, rename them and tell you that Jesus approves. He doesn't.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

//Are they claiming that "the law of sin and death." isn't about The Mosaic Law?

The Law of sin and death is, “the soul that sins, it shall die.”

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

After 15 verses of warning about the heathens trying to intimidate them, Paul says “don't let these heathens judge you for eating Kosher, observing the feasts and the lunar calendar of YHVH and his Sabbaths.”

The NEXT VERSE says these are shadows of Messiah. ONLY the feasts decreed by YHVH can be shadows of the Messiah. Pagan holidays with Jesus attached to them are NOT shadows of the Messiah.

YHVH gave us a bunch of holidays to observe because they are all about Jesus.

Let's see how Jesus fulfilled the Law through these festivals:
Exodus 12:3, the selection of the Passover Lamb, fulfilled by Matthew 21:9.
Leviticus 23:5, the rehearsal of the events of Exodus 12, fulfilled by the crucifixion and that fulfillment confirmed by 1 Corinthians 5:7. (Is Jesus “Passover Lamb” or “Easter ham?”)
Leviticus 23:10 fulfilled by Matthew 27:52.
Leviticus 23:11-12 described in John 20:17

The High Priest offers the first fruits offering. The saints that rose from the graves that day were the first fruits.

Leviticus 23:16 is the Day the Holy Spirit is poured out.

That suggests "following the Spirit" doesn't mean "follow whatever comes to mind."

Without a Law to fulfill, any impostor would have just as legitimate a claim as Jesus.

Romans 15:4
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Acts 28:23
And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Paul used the Law to PROVE Jesus is Messiah! But YOU know better than Paul what the Law is all about! After all, YOU are a "real Christian," right?

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A pharisee is someone that uses Mosaic Law to pretend they are in a Righteous Image ...when they are still doing death acts.

Mat 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking REST, and findeth none.

They seriously claim to be doing the 613 Laws that vanished away? ...but never mind what JESUS Commanded about adulteries of the heart:

Matthew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

The issue Jesus had with them was ADDING TO the Law, not obeying it.

You are showing an example of Jesus fulfilling the Law. He raised the bar by saying that it is truly not ONLY what you actually do, but what is in your heart. Of course, if Jesus made the Law null and void, then adultery is not even a sin any more.