Hebrew Roots ends now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:46-47
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words

"The Lord has said: "These people praise me with their words, but they never really think about me. They worship me by repeating rules made up by humans." Isaiah 29:13
For a couple of chapters Isaiah is describing the sin of Israel against YHVH. They are no longer obeying the Torah. They are building groves and altars to strange gods. They are erecting trees, and decorating them. Yet, they still call on his Name.

The rules made up by humans are erecting trees and hiding eggs.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a couple of chapters Isaiah is describing the sin of Israel against YHVH. They are no longer obeying the Torah. They are building groves and altars to strange gods. They are erecting trees, and decorating them. Yet, they still call on his Name.

The rules made up by humans are erecting trees and hiding eggs.
Did you get lazy on me? Page 2 and 3 has a lot more stuff that ends you.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing on page 1 did. You can present more "one-verse-at-a-time theology." It doesn't change anything.

If you want to have a conversation, address my comments from post #59. If you are going to introduce entirely different topics with every post, we are not having a discussion.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What's funny AND sad is that you have no idea how posting this condemns your position.

Psalms 119:1
Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord.

ALL of Psalm 119 is about the precious nature of the Law, and how it is a blessing to those who obey it. It is 176 consecutive statements about how David LOVES the Law. It says the Law is the Way of Truth. That's why Jesus said He is the Way. He walked the Law perfectly.

Not for you, though. You found ONE verse of Scripture, whose meaning you obviously DON'T understand. You posted it like it justified your hatred of YHVH's Law. The entire chapter is about David's LOVE for YHVH's Law.

2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. (What is YHVH's testimony? It's the Law.)
3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways. (Walking in YHVH's ways prevents sin.)
4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. (Yeah. We have been instructed to obey.)
5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! (Direct me to obey your statutes.)
6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. (Respecting ALL the commandments will prevent shame.)
7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. (Those judgments are in the law.)
8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly. (I will obey. Don't leave me.)
9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. (How does a young man get his life together? He obeys the Law.)
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. (Don't let me forget your commandments!)
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (The Law prevents sin. THAT is the meaning of what you posted.)

We can examine every line in this Psalm. They all tell the same story. YHVH's Commandments are the key to wisdom, knowledge, godliness and righteousness. YHVH's Law is what prevents sin. Obeying the Law means you won't be observing the pagan rituals of tree erecting and egg hiding. That is what YHVH refers to as adultery. A person cries about how much they love Jesus and then cheats on him.
That IS Babylon.
That is what Jesus wants His people to leave!
Revelation 18:4 Who is Jesus calling out of Babylon?
He is calling the people that CLAIM they are His.
HIS people are going to be receivers of the plagues of Babylon if they don't leave.

That is what the Law does for EVERY BELIEVER. It protects them from sin and leads them in righteousness.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this hit anyone else weird that JESUS would say "their law"???

John 15:24-25 KJV
If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrew Roots ends now
you mean the axe has been hovering all those years?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrew Roots ends now
you mean the axe has been hovering all those years?
Right, 70 A.D. was a very big deal.

[Luke 3:7 KJV]
Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

[Luke 3:8 KJV]
Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

[Luke 3:9 KJV]
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this hit anyone else weird that JESUS would say "their law"???

John 15:24-25 KJV
If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

No. It was the Pharisees that hated Him. They were the doctors of the Law. YHVH's Law was trusted to their custody. So, when they violated that very Law, Jesus pointed out that it was the Law given to them by YHVH that they were violating. The Law given to them by the Creator was the very Law they violated.

You wish it was trying to say that the Pharisees were the SOURCE of the Law. Wasn't it Israel that kept disobeying the Law YHVH gave them? If YHVH gave them a Law, it was THEIRS. It was the Law for THEIR people.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It was the Pharisees that hated Him. They were the doctors of the Law. YHVH's Law was trusted to their custody. So, when they violated that very Law, Jesus pointed out that it was the Law given to them by YHVH that they were violating. The Law given to them by the Creator was the very Law they violated.

You wish it was trying to say that the Pharisees were the SOURCE of the Law. Wasn't it Israel that kept disobeying the Law YHVH gave them? If YHVH gave them a Law, it was THEIRS. It was the Law for THEIR people.
That's not an answer.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LORD JESUS CHRIST just referred to The Law ...that you hold so dear as "their Law" ...your whole game is that Mosaic Law is CHRIST'S Law ...uhh ohhhh.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LORD JESUS CHRIST just referred to The Law ...that you hold so dear as "their Law" ...your whole game is that Mosaic Law is CHRIST'S Law ...uhh ohhhh.

So, you believe that Jesus disagreed with His Father about the Law. Show us where.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you believe that Jesus disagreed with His Father about the Law. Show us where.
What do you think this is saying?

[Rom 8:2 KJV]

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not an answer.

It's not an answer you can handle.

If someone gives you a car, it becomes YOUR car. You are not the source of the car. You are merely the caretaker of the car.

The Aaronic priesthood was allowed to be the caretakers of YHVH's Law. They are not the source of the Law. It is only theirs because it was given to them to manage.

This attempt at deflecting from my comments in post #59 is admirable. However, you have yet to address a single issue. You introduced a NEW issue, yet again.

So, deal with what I said before you change the subject again.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

[Rom 8:2 KJV]

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

I know that it is saying that I am not subject to the law which states, "the soul that sins, it shall die."

You have a way of ignoring everything I have said so far, and pretending that repeating your posts is a rebuttal. Repeating your posts is just repeating what I have already debunked.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that it is saying that I am not subject to the law which states, "the soul that sins, it shall die."

You have a way of ignoring everything I have said so far, and pretending that repeating your posts is a rebuttal. Repeating your posts is just repeating what I have already debunked.
of course you don't think your sin counts anymore ...that's the whole reason you are in this clown religion to begin with. Anything but Obey CHRIST.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course you don't think your sin counts anymore ...that's the whole reason you are in this clown religion to begin with. Anything but Obey CHRIST.
Jesus said to obey the Law. Obeying Him would be obeying the Law.

Did Jesus die for my sins, or not?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to obey the Law. Obeying Him would be obeying the Law.

Did Jesus die for my sins, or not?

Rom 2:8 ESV
but for those who are SELF-SEEKING and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.

1Pe 4:2
That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Do you feel Saved from your sins ....or do you keep doing them?
Matthew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: FOR HE SHALL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS.

Mat 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:34
Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Rom 6:12
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

John 8:34
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Ask yourself why none of this is registering in your brain ...hello you are dead spirit:

Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

2 Corinthians 5:15
he died for all so that those who live SHOULD LIVE NO LONGER FOR THEMSELVES, but for him who died for them and was raised up

[1Co 6:19-20 ESV]
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Peter 2:21
In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely

Gal 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but for those who are SELF-SEEKING and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.

That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: FOR HE SHALL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Ask yourself why none of this is registering in your brain ...hello you are dead spirit:

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

he died for all so that those who live SHOULD LIVE NO LONGER FOR THEMSELVES, but for him who died for them and was raised up

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Self-seeking is doing what YOU think is right, NOT what YHVH says.

You are not your own. You were bought with a price. Obey the one who sent his Son to die for you.

If you willfully disobey YHVH, there is no sacrifice that can save you.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Address THIS:

(Mat 23:1-3)
What's mind blowing to me is that they can claim to do these 613 laws somehow ...and therefore be self-righteous ...but also look at Romans 7 the same exact way a dead spirit does ...as an excuse to sin. ...just wow.

That is the opposite of “self-righteous.” Jesus said to seek His Father's righteousness. His Father's righteousness is the Torah. If one obeys the Torah, he seeks YHVH's righteousness. If one makes up their own rules, they are self-righteous. I don't know anyone who claims to obey 613 commandments. It cannot be done because there is no Temple. The point of the Law is choosing your Master. If you observe Sunday, Christmas and Easter, then the Pope is your Master. If you obey the Torah, then Jesus is your Master.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have to make it personal because you are losing the theological debate.

That is why you say things like:

That is like calling people racist when they disagree with you.

It is weak-minded and the epitome of the ad hominem fallacy.