Hebrew Roots ends now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrew Roots needs a way to link CHRIST'S Law to Mosaic Law ...because they don't have CHRIST'S Law written to their hearts. So they bring up Mat 23:1-3 and claim the large crowd had Gentiles in it ...JESUS was here first for the Jews. They need JESUS to be telling Gentiles to observe pharisees which is laughable. A pillar of their fake religion has just been removed.

Mat 23:1-3
Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.​

What's mind blowing to me is that they can claim to do these 613 laws somehow ...and therefore be self-righteous ...but also look at Romans 7 the same exact way a dead spirit does ...as an excuse to sin. ...just wow.

Their pharisaical scheme to game the system ended in 70 A.D. It's extra comical that Hebrew Roots wasn't even a thing 10 years ago.
They think giving up half of a fallen life through the Law of sin and death can pass through Judgment because they made their own definition of who gets Saved (tree of knowledge of good and evil).

None of this is about JESUS, they just pretend that it is. We all know upholding the Old Covenant is declaring JESUS didn't Fulfill anything. Their goal is squeeze the Law of the Jews in without real Christians noticing what they are up to. They never consider Mosaic Law was for physical Jews 2,000 years ago ...not the surrounding Gentiles.

Hebrew Roots is people trying to uphold the Mosaic Law because they would rather do those 613 laws than give up drugs and masturbation. They are trying to clown GOD, it isn't working.

If you know of one, just show them this Scripture:

Acts 15:5-10
But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

//If the yoke of sin slavery isn't on the Reborn ...then the yoke of The Law of sin and death isn't on them either. It's all about CHRIST'S Law now. Being Grieved is His Law on your heart.

JESUS' Walk was eating from The Tree of LIFE.

Mosaic Law didn't let you eat from that Tree. The Law of sin and death was in place so that when The MESSIAH came ...you could be counted as Righteous with Him ...long after you were physically dead. The Law of sin and death vanished away.

Hebrews 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Galatians 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law? IT WAS ADDED BECAUSE OF TRANSGRESSIONS, TILL THE SEED SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Rom 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: FOR YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

//Are they claiming that "the law of sin and death." isn't about The Mosaic Law?

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From a snippet form an article...at this website...Dangers of the Hebrew Roots Movement

...followers of the HRM believe that all believers in Christ are obligated to follow Jewish laws and practices from the books of Moses. In some groups, extrabiblical rabbinic teachings and traditions are elevated (if not in official doctrinal beliefs then in practice) to the same level as Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

Although they often speak of keeping the “law,” they are usually inconsistent in how this is understood and defined. For example, certain laws are either broken or neglected while a great deal of attention is placed on keeping the Sabbath (Friday sunset through Saturday sunset) and celebrating the feasts mentioned in Leviticus 23. These issues will be discussed in more detail below.

It is difficult to document the movement’s history because of its lack of organizational structure, but the modern HRM has been influenced in some ways by Seventh-Day Adventism and the Worldwide Church of God during the lifetime of its founder, Herbert W. Armstrong. Additionally, the HRM has been influenced by the practices of Messianic Jews, but the similarities between the groups are superficial and should not be conflated. In fact, some Messianic Jewish organizations have denounced the beliefs of the HRM....

---------more words on the subject from another article-----https://bereanresearch.org/hebrew-roots-founder-jim-staley-admits-defrauding-elderly-investors/

----Jim Staley is the founder---

Staley was a Missouri-licensed insurance agent from 1999 to 2008. In 2008, he formed Wealth Financial International, and also became a sales agent for a California company named B&B Equity Group.

He convinced some Wealth Financial clients to cash in annuities and invest the money in B&B, officials said, knowing they would lose “substantial surrender fees.”

Staley later became B&B’s national sales manager. Officials said he continued recruiting salespeople, even after realizing that the product — bundled life insurance policies — wasn’t selling and after receiving a cease-and-desist order from the Missouri Secretary of State’s office in 2009. He did not disclose that order to prospective investors.

Years later, he would insist to supporters that he sold a sound financial product that was recognized in 34 states, just not in Missouri.

In 2011, Staley and others were ordered by the state to return commissions of $350,000 and repay $2.5 million. Staley was ordered to pay civil fines of $14,000. It was not clear whether he complied.

None of the investors belonged to his church, prosecutors said.

‘ROOTS MOVEMENT’

Staley’s church website says he taught Bible study classes in the St. Louis area for years and helped “Christians learn to defend the Bible and evangelize.”

He “had a supernatural experience and introduction to understanding the Bible through the original authors’ mindset and those in the First Century Church,” it says, and dedicated his life since 2007 to teaching “amazing life-changing truths” to others.

Staley and other “Christian Roots Movement” followers advocate a return to the first Christians’ walk of faith and obedience to the Torah. He calls it returning to the core Bible teaching “from the original author’s perspective” before churches “started adding and subtracting from the word of God.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eating from The Tree of LIFE is the Will of The Father. You can't do that unless CHRIST'S Law/Righteousness/Life is in you. They are not Jews (not even possible anymore) ...they try to be righteous in the same exact way the pharisees did.

Matthew 23:25 ESV
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

Sabbath is Rest from sin slavery ...something they know nothing about.

But make sure you observe Passover ...surely that will excuse them for remaining in the beast image.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sadly many Christians believe in the "New Covenant" theology that is man made. Does this mean that I should bag those who have this understanding? No. I should not bag them for their belief in Christ, even if my understanding is very different.

Today, many Christians are anti Jews, holding onto the belief that it was the Jews who crucified Christ on the Cross, whereas, it was only a very small percentage of the Jewish population that did so in the early hours of the morning.

Some of the understanding of the Hebrew Roots movement is good for all Christians to know, however like all "movement" that adhere to a "Christian doctrine," there will also be parts that are not in line with what Christ taught or the scriptures, both the OT and the NT, teaches us.

May the Hebrew Roots movement be just one of the many means that God uses to draw people to Himself. As Christ said, "Leave them alone," and just worry about what you believe and its drawing of you to Christ/God.

There are many "tares" planted within the Wheat field, but the angels will separate the tares from the wheat when they harvest the fields. It is not our role to do so.

Shalom

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A pharisee is someone that uses Mosaic Law to pretend they are in a Righteous Image ...when they are still doing death acts.

Mat 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking REST, and findeth none.

They seriously claim to be doing the 613 Laws that vanished away? ...but never mind what JESUS Commanded about adulteries of the heart:

Matthew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have this weird mindset that ALL Law is Mosaic Law.

One of them said this to me: "Basically what was changed in the "old covenant" due to Christ's death was the sacrificial system. You can read that in Hebrews multiple places."
//Yeah, i get it, you don't think JESUS Fulfilled anything.

They pick and choose what Mosaic Laws to hold ...pointless, because they all vanished away (Hebrews 8:13)

If JESUS is Lord of The Sabbath ...what do you think that says about the Ten Commandments?
Mat 12:8
For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

They don't ever read any of the Scripture when JESUS downplays Sabbath.

They made a fake religion around It, just like the pharisees did:
Mark 2:27
And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another of them said this: "The Laws Christ taught are His Father's Laws".

Response: This is JESUS talking ...so, uhhh ...this is a problem for you:

John 14:21
He that hath MY COMMANDMENTS, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

i get the feeling they don't even think CHRIST has Law:

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Gal 3:18-19
For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.
Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made, and it was put in place through angels by an intermediary.

Gal 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Gal 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Gal 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It's all about works of the law with those people:
Gal 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 9:20-21 ESV
To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law.
To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their "Righteous" image is a mask over their beast image. They deny The Blood of CHRIST in doing so.

What fruit does someone have doing drugs or masturbating? All of a sudden they Believe in the New Covenant where they think repeated repentance is a thing ...it isn't. They are not turning away, they think changing other parts of their life makes up for it.

iniquity is about breaking spiritual Law ...breaking the Love Relationship with GOD ...separation in your Living Relationship you are supposed to have. That Living Relationship is entering The Kingdom in the Reborn Image.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another of them said this: "The Laws Christ taught are His Father's Laws".

Response: This is JESUS talking ...so, uhhh ...this is a problem for you:

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

i get the feeling they don't even think CHRIST has Law:

John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Jesus kept His Father's commandments, so there was no discounting of the Sabbath.
And No, I am not Hebrew roots. I don't know anything about them. I know in your first post, you said some pretty bad things, and I don't know why or what they believe because of the drugs and the other thing you mention.

My question is why are you so angry with them?and why do you accuse them of drugs and the other thing?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Jesus kept His Father's commandments, so there was no discounting of the Sabbath.
And No, I am not Hebrew roots. I don't know anything about them. I know in your first post, you said some pretty bad things, and I don't know why or what they believe because of the drugs and the other thing you mention.

My question is why are you so angry with them?and why do you accuse them of drugs and the other thing?

JESUS kept His Father's Commandments ...It just told us to keep CHRIST'S Commandments. What do you think Matthew 5 is about? JESUS was converting The Commandments to His own.

If JESUS is Lord of The Sabbath ...what do you think that says about the Ten Commandments?

Eph 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather EXPOSE THEM.
Eph 5:12
For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
Eph 5:13
But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS kept His Father's Commandments ...It just told us to keep CHRIST'S Commandments. What do you think Matthew 5 is about? JESUS was converting The Commandments to His own.

Eph 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather EXPOSE THEM.
Eph 5:12
For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
Eph 5:13
But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.

In Matt 5, Jesus uses commandments as examples, and makes them even more than they were before, not less.

Adultery went from the act to harboring the idea.
Kill went from the act to even being angry with your brother. I don't see that as getting rid of the commandments.

The ordinances are not the Ten commandments, they are the ceremonial laws.

Why do you accuse them of doing drugs and the other thing you keep mentioned?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath Rest is everyday ...but they know nothing about it because they are still in sin slavery. They don't have anything written to their heart ...that means they don't have His Righteousness ...what they have is pharisaical works pretending that their addictions isn't death.

They don't know anything about Spirit or Truth. They pretend to be Jews ...and also pretend the hour didn't cometh:
[Jhn 4:20 KJV]
Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
[Jhn 4:21 KJV]
Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
[Jhn 4:22 KJV]
Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
[Jhn 4:23 KJV]
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Jesus said all things pertaining to the Law of Moses would be fulfilled in that generation. How sad that they do not believe Jesus fulfilled His promise.
Jesus, speaking to the Jews , 2000 years ago.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you,
1f449.png
Till heaven and earth pass,
1f449.png
one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law,
1f449.png
till all be fulfilled.

Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Jesus said not ONE jot or tittle would pass from the law of Moses until 1) heaven and earth passed away
2) all was fulfilled.
Are we still under every jot and tittle of the law of Moses OR did heaven and earth pass away and all was fulfilled. Both cannot be true.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Mat 15:8 KJV]
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

[Mat 15:9 KJV]
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

[Mat 15:10 KJV]
And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

[Mat 15:11 KJV]
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

[Mat 15:12 KJV]
Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

[Mat 15:13 KJV]
But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

[Mat 15:14 KJV]
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

[Mat 15:15 KJV]
Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.

[Mat 15:16 KJV]
And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

[Mat 15:17 KJV]
Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

[Mat 15:18 KJV]
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

[Mat 15:19 KJV]
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

[Mat 15:20 KJV]
These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath Rest is everyday ...but they know nothing about it because they are still in sin slavery. They don't have anything written to their heart ...that means they don't have His Righteousness ...what they have is pharisaical works pretending that their addictions isn't death.

What addictions? You accuse them of some pretty surprising, but don't back it up.
How is Sabbath rest everyday?
Jesus death stopped the necessity of the sacrifices.
The other commandments are in force. Bet you keep 9 of the ten.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What addictions? You accuse them of some pretty surprising, but don't back it up.
How is Sabbath rest everyday?
Jesus death stopped the necessity of the sacrifices.
The other commandments are in force. Bet you keep 9 of the ten.

Entering The Kingdom is Sabbath Rest. It is rest for your spirit (intentions) ...It is rest from sin slavery/death/worldliness.

Heb 3:17-19
Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

||| You can't be sinning and believe at the same time ...and enter His Rest.

Heb 4:3
For we who have believed do enter that rest,...

||| We have to OBEY:
Heb 4:6
Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,

You don't get to say you Believe if you willfully sin. Because you are saying you don't Believe His Blood can Free you from it. That means you are rejecting His Blood. You are saying you would rather pleasure your flesh than enter a Living Relationship with CHRIST where you Obey Him.
Adam and Eve hid behind bushes ...they were excusing their sin. calling your sin "addition" is a bush. calling someone "prideful" for pointing out sin to you is another bush.

addiction is willful sin slavery ...hello??? If you are still in it ...you didn't Overcome anything. You think as long as you still have a bush to hide behind, you are somehow still Saved. There are different types of withdrawals for whatever repeated willful sin you are doing. Clean your Temple to become Baptized for real this time.

A Child of GOD has self-control. Are you even attempting to stop?