Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As For Blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit, There is one example In scripture That Cant Happen now, You just throw it around willy nilly Thinking everything against what you say or do is it. Lol Its Delusional and not biblical
Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost does not refer to sins against Jesus, it refers to sins against the Holy Ghost; who is very real on the earth today.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at what you are saying, and what the verse is saying.

You cannot offer a sacrifice for sin any more.

There remains no sacrifice for sin. No sacrifice.

All you have is Jesus.

That is the central theme to this letter to the Hebrews. That the sacrificial system under the Mosiac Law, the Levitical system, was replaced by the New Covenant in Jesus Christ.

A new kind of priesthood.

And there is no more sacrifice. Only Jesus.

Much love!
I would refer you again to what I said in the OP.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Semantics Would God Save A person Knowing They Would Do that at a later time, So Jesus Would Lose One God Has Given Him Failing His Father, No Of course not

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
Someone who has faith can fall away from that faith (see Luke 8:13).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you not see it? It says it plainly....

26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Willfully sinning has no sin remaining to cover that sin, so all you have left is the coming fiery Judgment of God.
What sin is not willful? All sin is willful. What sin do you not have the power to not commit? Therefore if you do that flesh work, you have by choice allowed it. Now, that choice may be poorly made, uninformed, or lacking in faith, but it's still your choice. So by your saying, any Christian who commits a sin is forever condemned to eternal torment?

I don't think that is true.

Much love!

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost does not refer to sins against Jesus, it refers to sins against the Holy Ghost; who is very real on the earth today.

Jesus Was Performing Miracles By The Holy Spirit, Raising The Dead Healing The Blind, Mute sick etc They Said The Miracles Where By the power Of Devils, That is not happening Today Jesus Is in Heaven Your Goobledegook Wasnt a Miracle It was Non-Sense, In no way shape or form was it a Miracle lol

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Was Performing Miracles By The Holy Spirit, Raising The Dead Healing The Blind, Mute sick etc They Said The Miracles Where By the power Of Devils, That is not happening Today Jesus Is in Heaven Your Goobledegook Wasnt a Miracle It was Non-Sense, In no way shape or form was it a Miracle lol
Right...the gift of tongues is listed separately from the gift of miracles...

Nevertheless it is listed as being of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost is at work on the earth today; Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and for ever.

Therefore you ought to have feared rather than to think in presumption that you could call the Holy Ghost a bunch of devils and get away with it.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So by your saying, any Christian who commits a sin is forever condemned to eternal torment?
Without getting into the unnecessary argument about whether or not the person was really a Christian, the person who sins deliberately and willfully is turning his back on the forgiveness of Christ. Whether or not he had ever believed is not the point. The point is he is at that moment making a choice to enter into unbelief. Not unbelief as in, "I don't know if the gospel is really true". But unbelief as in, "I don't care about the gospel", and so we walks away from it's truth in willing unbelief.

God is gracious. We see from the example of the Galatians and the Corinthians that God reaches out to the person who is making that decision to sin in a rejection of the gospel and gives them a chance to repent. But only for so long a time as he determines, according to the person. If they don't repent in the time God gives them he turns them over to their decision to sin in a rejection of Christ and does not let them repent. That's what's so dangerous about playing with willful sin. The church says for the Christian it's covered by grace no matter what. But the Bible shows us you don't know how long you can play around in it and refuse to believe before God doesn't allow you to repent and believe.

Reactions: Wynona

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Was Performing Miracles By The Holy Spirit, Raising The Dead Healing The Blind, Mute sick etc They Said The Miracles Where By the power Of Devils, That is not happening Today Jesus Is in Heaven
You don't understand that the Pharisees knew they were rejecting the testimony of the Spirit through Jesus' miracles. They were calling the Holy Spirit a lying worker of miracles even though they knew it really was the Spirit testifying that Jesus was the Son of God. Contrary to what you have been told by the church, grace does not cover that sin. That is the one sin grace will not cover. And so it is with the person who knows the gospel is true, because he has encountered the irrefutable testimony of the Spirit in his heart, but who makes the decision to reject it in favor of a life of sin. He also is calling the Spirit a liar in the face of the full knowledge that the Spirit is speaking the truth (it's called 'conviction'). There is no forgiveness available to cover that sin. Not in Jesus day, not today, not ever.

...anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit (calling him a liar) will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. Matthew 12:32

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at what you are saying, and what the verse is saying.

You cannot offer a sacrifice for sin any more.

There remains no sacrifice for sin. No sacrifice.

All you have is Jesus.

That is the central theme to this letter to the Hebrews. That the sacrificial system under the Mosiac Law, the Levitical system, was replaced by the New Covenant in Jesus Christ.

A new kind of priesthood.

And there is no more sacrifice. Only Jesus.

Much love!

Like I have stated many times....taken in context , Heb10 is so simple to understand , a five year old can “ GET IT”....
Unless , of course, the five year old is “ stiff- Necked”......
Great post, btw.....thank God I am not “ Completely” alone in here!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I have stated many times....taken in context , Heb10 is so simple to understand , a five year old can “ GET IT”....
How can a five year old know that it only means the willful sin of a Jewish man rejecting the New Covenant? That's absurd.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me like it is the person who is "Stiff-Necked" who would want to interpret Hebrews 10:26-31 as being more lenient and giving them the ability to sin willfully, without consequences.

Because "Stiff-Necked" is defined as being hardened against the righteousness of the Lord and therefore, the one who is stiff-necked would be more inclined to accept a doctrine that amounts to grace preached as a license for immorality.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No so, most christians do exactly the same thing, hence" father forgive them, they know not what they do"
As I said, the condemnation for rejecting Jesus is pronounced when God decides to turn a person over to that sin. I committed that sin several times in the time before I was saved when I struggled with the conviction of the Spirit. Had I persisted in my sins in that willful unbelief the day would have come when I could no longer repent even if I wanted to! Thankfully, by God's grace I caved in before then.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without getting into the unnecessary argument about whether or not the person was really a Christian, the person who sins deliberately and willfully is turning his back on the forgiveness of Christ. Whether or not he had ever believed is not the point. The point is he is at that moment making a choice to enter into unbelief. Not unbelief as in, "I don't know if the gospel is really true". But unbelief as in, "I don't care about the gospel", and so we walks away from it's truth in willing unbelief.

God is gracious. We see from the example of the Galatians and the Corinthians that God reaches out to the person who is making that decision to sin in a rejection of the gospel and gives them a chance to repent. But only for so long a time as he determines, according to the person. If they don't repent in the time God gives them he turns them over to their decision to sin in a rejection of Christ and does not let them repent. That's what's so dangerous about playing with willful sin. The church says for the Christian it's covered by grace no matter what. But the Bible shows us you don't know how long you can play around in it and refuse to believe before God doesn't allow you to repent and believe.

Newbies...please note....NONE of this is Biblical ....it reflects a brain that is full of Religious Mush and shows what happens if you don’t listen to God- Sent Teachers That can instruct a person in how to “ Rightly Divide”
Too proud to listen to others that are wiser than them, they choose to “ go it alone” and this is the result —- a confused mix of scriptures , taken out of context, mixing truths with untruths ,the Old Contract forced into the New and vice - verse , etc. Yes they “ go it alone” and as I have said before—- IT SHOWS!
Before you go crying like a baby to the mods, as you have threatened because you can’t argue with the Truth using Scriptures ......go back and read the Story Of The Sons Of Noah and see what Gid thinks about “Tattle- Tellers”......

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Newbies...please note....NONE of this is Biblical ...

Of course we are simply to take your word for it...

No.

Show forth the scripture that reveals the nature of his doctrine and why it is not biblical if that is the case.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.......giving them the ability to sin willfully, without consequences.

I don’t teach this and I don’t know anybody that does.....
The “ SMALLEST” of sins has “ consequences”..... Bad ones...
Willful Sins ? They also have “ consequences”.....VERY Bad ones.....

If my youngsters do wrong unknowingly or accidentally , the discipline —- the Chastizement— is going to be negligible , if at all...
If my youngsters do wrong knowingly, intentional and WILLFULLY —- the Chastisement will be Severe!
That’s also how it works with God....
If you Sin Willfully as a CHILD of GOD ....God will put Blisters on your rear-end , But you are STILL His CHILD....still Saved...
This is True because God made a Promise that if you Believe the Gospel, Turning to Him with Faith in His Son....He will SAVE YOU TO THE UTTERMOST ! God will not be happy with you....he will not bless you, he won’t respond to your prayers, and you will lose the “Joy” of your Salvation , like David did.....But you will KEEP your Salvation....like David did ....why did he not lose “His” Salvation when he Willfully Sinned with his Adultery and Murder? Simple .He had Faith in God . He looked “forward” to the Cross for his Salvation just like we look “back” to the Cross for ours.....
Job is the oldest Book Of The Bible.... he lived way before David did yet he knew that “ his Redeemer liveth” .....
Faith in the Redeemer....it Saved then and it will Save now
I think I kinda got off the path with my answer .....who cares....lol.....I got some good teaching out there .....of course, many here are “ above “ being taught . Especially for a guy like myself that some think is headed for Hell like a Speeding Bullet ....
We’ll see, won’t we ?

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What sin is not willful? All sin is willful. What sin do you not have the power to not commit? Therefore if you do that flesh work, you have by choice allowed it. Now, that choice may be poorly made, uninformed, or lacking in faith, but it's still your choice. So by your saying, any Christian who commits a sin is forever condemned to eternal torment?

I don't think that is true.

Much love!

Brilliant.Thanks!
I have been saying Forever that ALL sin is “ Willful” . I could never explain it the way that I wanted to . You just did....
I will copy and paste that and even though it is a Sin to Steal ....I “WILL” be stealing it....lol....thanks again.

Reactions: marks and HisLife