Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please listen this time so you never misunderstand the argument again. We're not talking about one sin here. It's the lifestyle of willful sin that shows that a person is in unbelief.

8 The one who practices sin is of the devil...
9 Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning... 1 John 3:7-10

John is plainly telling us, the person living in a lifestyle of unrepentant, ongoing, deliberate sin is not born again. Their unrepentant life testifies and proves that they are not born again and ready to meet Christ.

Please listen this time so that you will never misunderstand again.

I have explained MANY times that now that I am a “New Creation” , Sin has lost any and all of its. appeal that it used to have for me .How many times have I gone farther than that and stated the truth that Sunning for me is like sticking my hand in a fire......and you CONTINUE to think that all I do is sit around all day conjuring up Sins to commit and delighting in the fact that I can “ get away with it” .....let me assure you — Nobody “ gets away with” ANYTHInG ! Especially Christians. Especially me.
All of these “ practicing sin” warnings that you keep coughing up ,supposedly for my “ benefit” , simply don’t apply to me.
You and I both sin every hour of every day —— if not in deed, assuredly in thought ( any body who possesses a brain and has the insight and guts to admit that they have “ secret thoughts that would shame Hell) and in “ Sins Of Omission” ( how many strangers have you invited into your home lately to feed and clothe ? )
The difference between us is that I actually TRUST in the Grace Of God...I don’t worry about sin and that is the way to conquer it.....you will never understand that. I HATE Sin...the frequency of Sinning constantly DECREASES ( happy , pappy? )
Those that don’t really Trust Grace can never find the Assurance and the REST that God Commands in Hebrews ....I’m not going to make apologies for a more mature Faith Walk That has taken me from being “SIN” Conscience to being “ SON” Conscience ....
Uncommon men and women understand Luther when he wrote to a friend of His that though we “ rape and murder a thousand times a day” , God's Grace is there to cover us......( don’t get your panties in a knot, any of you “ dim bulbs” out there.....it’s called “ hyperbole” —- look it up.... )
In closing, and not that it really matters in regard to Salvation—- I don’t spend time worrying about Sins because I know that Jesus died for them....I do what I “want” to do and watch God change my “ wants” and I know that I can Trust Him to “ Blow the Whistle” when I am disobedient.....that “ disobedience” seldom occurs because I have graduated from any “ obedience” based on Fear into an “ Obedeince “ that occurs Naturally—- based upon Love. Strive to mature in your Faith—- get off of that “ Milk Bottle” and stop being an “ Accuser Of The Brethren” when somebody moves on to the “ Meat Of the Word”....... don’t criticize what you don’t understand .....try to be an “ uncommon” man or woman....God Bless....

Reactions: Nancy

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you really had the blood you would not still be in your old unchanged lifestyle of deliberate sin. John says so.....

You and your ilk sure do “ Assume “ a lot.....surely you have heard the old “ Saw” about what happens to those that “ Assume?”
Lets leave it at this—— your assumptions about me and my obedience, sinfulness, etc are ALL Mistaken.....VERY Mistaken.....apologies accepted....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since your doctrine is not founded on pure unadulterated scriptures, it’s impossible for me to do so. You don’t have eyes to see and ears to hear the pure word of God. You have accepted a tradition of man; and as such, the Bible must agree with what you believe at any cost; especially when it agrees with your flesh. And anyone who uses the plain word of God without your theological bent is automatically dismissed and ridiculed.

My “ Theological Bent” is the same as Paul’s ......sorry if you do not “get” it.....hang in there ....

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Even more importantly; it’s for those who establish the law (Romans 3:31).
The proverbs speaks of those who should be hearing the law and are under the law. Who are those who should be hearing the law? Who are those who are under the law?

The Christians hears not the law but the Spirit. And Christians who walk according to the Spirit establishes the law.

Tong
R1836

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I both sin every hour of every day —

Are you chastened every hour of the day? If not, then you are illegitimate and not a true son (Hebrews 12:5-11).

.and you CONTINUE to think that all I do is sit around all day conjuring up Sins to commit and delighting in the fact that I can “ get away with it” .....let me assure you — Nobody “ gets away with” ANYTHInG ! Especially Christians. Especially me.

So, you are saying that you are chastened by the Lord every hour of every day over your sins. I would think that that would motivate you to want to believe in the doctrine of entire sanctification as I espouse it; but it seems to me that you reject that doctrine. If you were truly chastened by the Lord over your sins, the doctrine would be good news to the sound of your ear.

that “ disobedience” seldom occurs

You just contradicted yourself. For previously you said, "You and I both sin every hour of every day."

The proverbs speaks of those who should be hearing the law and are under the law. Who are those who should be hearing the law? Who are those who are under the law?

The Christians hears not the law but the Spirit.

Christians are also to hear the law (James 1:25).

Proverbs 28:9 does not only apply to those who are "under the law".

It also applies to those who are not under the law (Romans 6:14), dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19), and delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).

For the law is written on their hearts and in their minds under the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10; Romans 5:5)

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Christians are also to hear the law (James 1:25).

Proverbs 28:9 does not only apply to those who are "under the law".

It also applies to those who are not under the law (Romans 6:14), dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19), and delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).

For the law is written on their hearts and in their minds under the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10; Romans 5:5)
The reference to law in Proverbs 28:9 is the law of God given through Moses to Israel.

<<<It also applies to those who are not under the law (Romans 6:14), dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19), and delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).>>>

You just contradicted yourself by that, if not, did not make any sense.

How can one who is dead to the law hear the law? Why shall one who is not under the law ought to hear the law? Why would one who was delivered from the law go back to it?

As I pointed out, for the Christians, it is the Holy Spirit that they hear and walk after.

Tong
R1840

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can one who is dead to the law hear the law?

Because he is dead to the law, only in the sense that it no longer has the power to condemn him.

It should be clear that Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19, Romans 7:6, Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14, and Hebrews 7:18-19 applies to all Christians.

However, the following verses also apply to all Christians: Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10; Romans 5:5.

Therefore, when you take all of these verses together, you must come to the conclusion that we are dead to the law, delivered from the law, and not under the law as concerning condemnation;

But that the law also applies to every Christian in that it governs him from the inside through the fact that the love of the Lord is shed abroad in his heart by the Holy Ghost; and in that the law is merely the specifics of the love of God.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can one who is dead to the law hear the law? Why shall one who is not under the law ought to hear the law? Why would one who was delivered from the law go back to it?

As I pointed out, for the Christians, it is the Holy Spirit that they hear and walk after.
You should notice that in James 1:25 and in James 2:12, the law is mentioned as something that is to be obeyed by Christians who have the Holy Spirit.

I believe that Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10, w/ Romans 5:5,

also speak to us on this matter.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider also that 1 John 3:4 defines sin as the transgression of the law; and that in Romans chapter 6 we are told that we are set free from sin; and in 1 Corinthians 15:34 others are told to stop sinning.

So, if we stop sinning and if we are set free from sin, will we continue to be disobedient to the law?

For sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and your ilk sure do “ Assume “ a lot.....surely you have heard the old “ Saw” about what happens to those that “ Assume?”
Lets leave it at this—— your assumptions about me and my obedience, sinfulness, etc are ALL Mistaken.....VERY Mistaken.....apologies accepted....
Not 'YOU' as in 'you personally', lol! 'You' as in 'anybody'.

Apology accepted. :D

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understood..BUT. "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," Could this mean that there is nowhere else to go for His mercies that are new everyday? IOW, there IS NO OTHER place to receive His forgiveness. Why are we to pray for him to forgive us our sins? Why would His mercies be new each day if we were perfect? If we truly seek to serve Him and Him only and fall short as, sin is a parasite that lives in us but we do not serve sin! Am I to believe that you never ask for forgiveness?

Knowledge of truth, was spoken by Jesus, and written for our benefit.
Forgiveness is later.