Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, and if you read what it is I’ve actually written, repentance is preached in the OT and NT. So, what’s this?

Tong
R1579
The preaching of repentance in the gospel that you suggest does not exist. ↓

is repentance the gospel the apostles preached? Can repentance even be considered a gospel?

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Which category are you in, the 'make every effort' category, or the 'lazy' category?

Hebrews 4:11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

2 Peter 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.

Hebrews 6:11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. 12We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

It's interesting how purposely living for God is considered a works gospel by the church these days.

What a Negative guy... What's it to you what effort I make, Romans 14:4 , And your usual tactic of mocking the Church, What do You believe in Ferris how do you live for God

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Believers are already improved. Our focus is to by faith purposely and actively be the new and improved person God has already made us in the new man.
Than why do you keep telling them they are not, why the focus on sin, you are supposed to be Christ centered not the flesh and sin.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
There are two ways people see that verse from what I have seen, You try to keep the commandments to try and show you love him Or because you love him You keep his commandments, One Is Trying One comes Naturally
But one must not make the mistake that the point of the verse is not getting saved and that one is not saved by the reason that he love Jesus.

Tong
R1582

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The preaching of repentance in the gospel that you suggest does not exist. ↓
Not suggesting anything sir. What I’ve posted concerns Jbf. Go back and see. I’m pointing to him that preaching repentance or that repentance is not the gospel the apostles preached.

Tong
R1583

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
BB claimed that repentance was turning to God, not turning from sin.

Hebrews 6:1 "repentance from acts that lead to death"
Take what BB say you claimed in context. Go back and read his post on that.

Besides, in my reading of his posts, by turning to God, that necessitates turning from sin.

Tong
R1584

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Than why do you keep telling them they are not, why the focus on sin, you are supposed to be Christ centered not the flesh and sin.
FerrisB told me that he is focused on what matters in salvation. So, where he is focused at, is what seems to be what matters in his salvation.

Tong
R1585

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Salvation is in Jesus Christ.

Yea I agree you edited your post Maybe there is a language barrier you said "one is not saved because he love Jesus." I disagreed. The opposition would be what Command Would Make you saved, We love him because he loved us

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It's interesting how purposely living for God is considered a works gospel by the church these days.
And the teaching that the Christian must do this and that to remain saved is what, if not, teaching that his getting saved is ultimately his watch, keep, and doing?

Tong
R1587

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yea I agree you edited your post Maybe there is a language barrier you said "one is not saved because he love Jesus." I disagreed. The opposition would be what Command Would Make you saved, We love him because he loved us
Yes, I edited it, for clarity and to better express what I intend to say.

<<<The opposition would be what Command Would Make you saved,>>>

Nothing really. Salvation is of God, of His will. Jesus Christ did not die for people because they followed some command.

Tong
R1588

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell Me I have never heard anyone answer How Do you Keep The Sabbath?
I have never heard anyone answer How Do you Keep The Sabbath? either. Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on Christians in the New Testament. (Colossians 2:16-17)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the teaching that the Christian must do this and that to remain saved is what, if not, teaching that his getting saved is ultimately his watch, keep, and doing?

Tong
R1587
Some people turn "watch, keep and doing" into "type 2 works salvation." From beginning "have been saved through faith" (Ephesians 2:8) to end "receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls" (1 Peter 1:9) salvation is through faith and is not by works. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9 etc..)

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Can you tell Me I have never heard anyone answer How Do you Keep The Sabbath?
I asked that too to someone. I don’t remember if it is in this forum. Anyway, if I am not mistaken, he said there is like no set things really as to be followed uniformly by their church. But what I gather is that they somehow do it basically how it was done in the OT, no labor (work) to be done. Added to that, they spend their time focused on God, church time, being with family.

I also asked him what is the punishment for not keeping the Sabbath, if it is like in the OT, which is death. He ignored the question.

Tong
R1589

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's it to you what effort I make, Romans 14:4
I'm laboring in the field and building of God (1 Corinthians 3:9).

What do You believe in Ferris how do you live for God
All the behaviors and attitudes and thoughts that result from the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) constitute the life lived for God.

Reactions: BarneyFife