Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To turn to God is to turn from sin...

For God is holy (1 Peter 1:15-16) and to turn to Him is to turn to holiness...and away from unholiness / sin.

As long as one realizes that “ turning from Sin” is a Fool’s Errand ( as far as Salvation is concerned ) Without FIRST “Turning to God”.....
“ Turning to God “ is EVERYTHING in Christianity ...
“ Turn to Me, with Faith in Jesus Christ and I will SAVE you to the UTTERMOST.” This is OSAS in a Nutshell.....We do “ OUR” Part, which is to Repent ( Turn to God) and God will do HIS Part,which is to Save....the Onus is on HIM to do the Saving, once when we Turn to Him in Faith.....
We must get “ first things first”..... the Unregenerate man May mistakenly think that “ giving up Sin “ is the way to become “ fit for heaven”.... nope, Resting in the Gospel Of 1 Cor15:1-4 , putting your TOTAL TRUST in the Blood Of Jesus is the way to get to Heaven ....when you REST in that Gospel as ORDERED TO in Hebrews 3 and 4..... you will then and ONLY then get God’s Holy Spirit in
you and AFTER that you will have the POWER to deal with Sin....You Will now have a New Nature to begin its lifetime struggle against the OLD ADamic Nature.....your Nature now is two-fold. I have heard it explained this way.....you got a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of you that constantly “ wants” to fight and constantly “ does “ does fight......the Dog you feed the most wins....

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
To turn to God is to turn from sin...

For God is holy (1 Peter 1:15-16) and to turn to Him is to turn to holiness...and away from unholiness / sin.
However, make no mistake, to turn from sin is not necessarily turning to God.

Tong
R1579

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that God is going to sanctify wholly anyone who desires to keep their sinful lifestyles; that would be against their will and Jesus is a gentleman

I will,tell you for the last time....NOBODY is promoting Sin.....nobody is “ desiring to keep their sinful lifestyles”
I have told you many, many times that for me, sinning has all of the allure of sticking my hand in a fire.....so please, shut up about that lie about me or anybody else trying to turn God’s Grace into a License to sin....my New Heart does not want it, and without that “ New Heart” , you are “ None Of His” Anyway....

Reactions: mailmandan

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May the Lord abundantly bless you and receive you as a son.

I LIVE in Blessings every hour of every day....I have a Joy in my heart no matter what happens around me and I have Trouble that you would not Believe....If God ever blesses you because you abandon your False Gospel and learn how to REST in 1cor15:1-4 .....you will remain forever Clueless as to whatvI am talking about.....
Funny thing is....you come so close at times, I think you might actually “ get it” someday before you die....you are in my prayers...sorry....lol.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R1578
[/QUOTE]

Truth be told ? It’s the very OPPOSITE!....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't mention his iniquities to him (Ezekiel 33:16)...that means that his former iniquities will not be considered when it comes to whether he can preach again.

Old Testament—— Again.
Go ahead and ignore everything Paul told Timothy about the Ministry ....google it sometime.....I ain’t gonna lay it out for you .....I’m too lazy.....one of my MANY sins.... how about you? you got any?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is repentance the gospel the apostles preached? Can repentance even be considered a gospel? No to both, right?
Acts 26:20 ...I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R1578

To “ turn from sin” for your Salvation Becomes essentially “ turning back to the Law” and by that Law— “NO MAN will be JUSTIFIED!”
It’s Faith in Jesus, people—- nothing else is even in play

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justbyfaith: Have you stopped to consider that He might have answered that prayer by leading you to the likes of @Ferris Bueller and myself?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahaah......you are a RIOT! Thanks for the laugh!
Colossians 3:16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye right you a SDA pretending to do what you cannot do.
I am not SDA.

And even if I was, I would not be keeping the literal Sabbath, or any other Commandment with the purpose of trying to earn my salvation. That's impossible to do. Everyone knows this. Sabbath keepers are not trying to earn their salvation by keeping the Sabbath.

Reactions: BarneyFife

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not SDA.

And even if I was, I would not be keeping the literal Sabbath, or any other Commandment with the purpose of trying to earn my salvation. That's impossible to do. Everyone knows this. Sabbath keepers are not trying to earn their salvation by keeping the Sabbath.
Ye all you doo is come and tell every one that God cannot save them its up to them to perform, if your not good enough he cant, That is just what the SDA preach

They do not have the Holy Spirit so they peruse after the old law. Either you are saved and you believe Him or you are not and you dont. And if you are not than all you will do is focus on trying to improve yourself, and hence all you talk about it sin. What has Jesus or God to do with Sin.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two ways people see that verse from what I have seen, You try to keep the commandments to try and show you love him Or because you love him You keep his commandments, One Is Trying One comes Naturally
Which category are you in, the 'make every effort' category, or the 'lazy' category?

Hebrews 4:11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

2 Peter 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.

Hebrews 6:11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. 12We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

It's interesting how purposely living for God is considered a works gospel by the church these days.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Acts 26:20 ...I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.
As I said, and if you read what it is I’ve actually written, repentance is preached in the OT and NT. So, what’s this?

The question you wanted to answer by that is if repentance is the gospel the apostles preached? And it does not.

Tong
R1580

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either you are saved and you believe Him or you are not and you dont.
Either you are saved and you believe Him, and act like it, or you are not saved and don't believe Him.

Acts 26:20 I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.