Hell Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man ... It's a judgment against Israel.

Disagree.
It's a description of Hell at the time Jesus was on Earth.
Saved & unsaved Livings souls (of body's dead & buried.),
Tells us about souls abilities out of Body; speaking, Hearing, feeling, taste, seeing.

One of the things about Jesus' parable (His Doctrine), is to reveal things NOT before Known.

Luke 8:
[10] And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

A believer will understand Jesus' Parables are Truths.
A doubter will merely be hearing a "story", and NOT understand it's signifance.

Glory to God,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it sad that people can't understand that the word hell is an English word that translates the greek word Hades and Hades is an greek word that translates the hebrew word Sheol. What that means is this, that when anyone dies whether you're righteous or unrighteous you go to Hell, Hades, Sheol. All three words represent the same place. So is Hell a place of torment like everyone says that only the unrighteous go, no. It simply is the place of the dead where everyone goes whether you're righteous or unrighteous and wait for the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many will wish they were destroyed.
2 Peter 2:17 (NKJV)
17 These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it sad that people can't understand that the word hell is an English word that translates the greek word Hades and Hades is an greek word that translates the hebrew word Sheol. What that means is this, that when anyone dies whether you're righteous or unrighteous you go to Hell, Hades, Sheol. All three words represent the same place. So is Hell a place of torment like everyone says that only the unrighteous go, no. It simply is the place of the dead where everyone goes whether you're righteous or unrighteous and wait for the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous
"Belief in the eternal Hell is not required for residency therein."
I read that somewhere.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Disagree.
It's a description of Hell at the time Jesus was on Earth.
Saved & unsaved Livings souls (of body's dead & buried.),
Tells us about souls abilities out of Body; speaking, Hearing, feeling, taste, seeing.

One of the things about Jesus' parable (His Doctrine), is to reveal things NOT before Known.

Luke 8:
[10] And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

A believer will understand Jesus' Parables are Truths.
A doubter will merely be hearing a "story", and NOT understand it's signifance.

Glory to God,
Taken
It's a parable. It starts like the one before it. When we understand what man is from a Biblical standpoint as opposed to a Greek standpoint it becomes obvious that it's a parable. Dead people can't speak. The Scriputres tell is that the dead know nothing and that their reasoning perishes the day they die. Obviously, if they know nothing and have no reasoning they cannot carry on a conversation.

Also, the Rich Man is in Hades. The place of burning isn't Hades, it's Gehenna. Hades is the grave.

Since you think it's about a place called hell, please explain to me how that fits into the context. How does that play into what's been going?

As I said, it's a parable. I'd be more than happy to go through it with you if you'd like, or anyone else for that matter.

Reactions: Brakelite

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Belief in the eternal Hell is not required for residency therein."
I read that somewhere.

What I said about the hebrew word Sheol and the greek word Hades and the English word Hell is the truth. All three words represent the same place not a place of eternal torment but the place of the common grave of Mankind. Not an individual grave but a place where all mankind goes when they die whether they're righteous or unrighteous. That's going to remain the truth whether you believe that or not.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I said about the hebrew word Sheol and the greek word Hades and the English word Hell is the truth. All three words represent the same place not a place of eternal torment but the place of the common grave of Mankind. Not an individual grave but a place where all mankind goes when they die whether they're righteous or unrighteous. That's going to remain the truth whether you believe that or not.
So, how long is God gonna cook the wicked?
Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Even the NWT agrees.
NWT Rev 20
And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Even the NWT agrees.
NWT Rev 20
And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Matthew 25:41 isn't talking about hell, Hades, or Sheol, it's talking about the lake of fire which the scriptures show us isn't a place but instead a condition. The second Death. Whether you use the word Sheol, Hades, or Hell the place represented by Sheol, Hades or Hell is thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death. Satan and his demons along with those who are on Jesus left hand side will also be thrown into the lake of fire, but as the scriptures show us this lake of fire isn't a place of torment but represents a place of total annihilation.

The lake of fire is a symbolic place that “burns with fire and sulfur,” also described as “the second death.” Unrepentant sinners, the Devil, and even death and the Grave (or, Hades) are thrown into it. The inclusion of a spirit creature and also of death and Hades, all of which cannot be affected by fire, indicates that this lake is a symbol, not of everlasting torment, but of everlasting destruction.—Re 19:20; 20:14, 15; 21:8.

At Revelation 20 where you mentioned torment. Regarding the greek word ba·sa·ni·stesʹ is translated jailers in some translations such as AT, Fn, NW and translated as tormentors or torturers in other translations such as AS, KJ, JB.
The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia
observed: “Probably the imprisonment itself was regarded as ‘torment’ (as it doubtless was), and the ‘tormentors’ need mean nothing more than jailers.” (Edited by J. Orr, 1960, Vol. V, p. 2999) Thus, the mentioning in Revelation 20:10 of ones who will be “tormented day and night forever and ever” evidently indicates that they will be in a condition of restraint. That a condition of restraint can be spoken of as “torment” is indicated by the parallel accounts at Matthew 8:29 and Luke 8:31.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:41 isn't talking about hell, Hades, or Sheol, it's talking about the lake of fire which the scriptures show us isn't a place but instead a condition. Whether you use the word Sheol, Hades, or Hell the place represented by Sheol Hades or Hell
It's about "eternal fire"and "tormented day and night forever and ever". You're playing word games.

Reactions: Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's about "eternal fire"and "tormented day and night forever and ever". You're playing word games.

Actually I'm not you're just not listening to these scripture in context. The scriptures at Revelation 20 talks about the fact that Satan and his demons are thrown into the lake of fire. These scriptures also talk about death and Hades being thrown into the lake of fire. I don't believe that Hades is a person and can feel pain or that death is a person and feel pain.The fact that death and Hades being thrown into the lake of fire and that neither death nor Hades can experience pain shows me that death and Hades will be destroyed out of existence so that means that when Satan and his demons along with those who are on Jesus left hand side don't experience pain but instead are destroyed out of existence just as death and Hades are destroyed out of existence when thrown into the lake of fire.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Even the NWT agrees.
NWT Rev 20
You are still attempting to convince us that man is immortal... Will live forever and ever despite being."burnt up"..."destroyed"..."perish"..."turned to ashes"... Etc etc. How is man immortal again?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, it's a parable. I'd be more than happy to go through it with you if you'd like, or anyone else for that matter.

Sure. Would like to read your rendition.

Glory to God,
Taken

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I'm not you're just not listening to these scripture in context. The scriptures at Revelation 20 talks about the fact that Satan and his demons are thrown into the lake of fire.
And people.
Revelation 20:7-10 (NKJV)
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Those who tell people that there is no eternal Hell fire will have a lot of blood on their hands on Judgment Day.
These scriptures also talk about death and Hades being thrown into the lake of fire. I don't believe that Hades is a person and can feel pain or that death is a person and feel pain.The fact that death and Hades being thrown into the lake of fire and that neither death nor Hades can experience pain shows me that death and Hades will be destroyed out of existence so that means that when Satan and his demons along with those who are on Jesus left hand side don't experience pain but instead are destroyed out of existence just as death and Hades are destroyed out of existence when thrown into the lake of fire.
You're totally confused.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are still attempting to convince us that man is immortal... Will live forever and ever despite being."burnt up"..."destroyed"..."perish"..."turned to ashes"... Etc etc. How is man immortal again?
I didn't say they will be "burnt up". It's called "everlasting fire". If they don't exist no need for the "everlasting fire".

If you're right I have nothing to worry about. I will have eternal peace either way. If you're wrong you have deceived people into burning in Hell "forever and ever".

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And people.
Revelation 20:7-10 (NKJV)
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Those who tell people that there is no eternal Hell fire will have a lot of blood on their hands on Judgment Day.

You're totally confused.

The lake of fire isn't hell nor hell fire. The scriptures tell us that the lake of fire is, the second death, not hell fire, and that hell and death are thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death. The fact that you choose to disbelieve the Scriptures shows that you would rather believe lies than the truth.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lake of fire isn't hell nor hell fire. The scriptures tell us that the lake of fire is, the second death, not hell fire, and that hell and death are thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death. The fact that you choose to disbelieve the Scriptures shows that you would rather believe lies than the truth.
"Everlasting fire" is "everlasting fire". Those who spend eternity there won't care what you call it.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Sure. Would like to read your rendition.

Glory to God,
Taken

Firstly, I would contend that this parable or allegory is actually a judgment against Israel. At the end of the parable of the vine dressers in Mathew 21 Jesus told the chief priests and elders that the kingdom would be taken from them and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. This parable, Lazarus and the Rich Man, is also a judgment against them. It's drawn from four Old Testament prophecies. Duet. 32, Is. 28 and 50, and the book of Malachi. From these prophecies Jesus weaves this story together. The prophecies are about the destruction of the priesthood in AD. 70.

If you'd like I can give you a link to two audios that explain it in great detail. A lot more than I can do on a forum.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly, I would contend that this parable or allegory is actually a judgment against Israel. At the end of the parable of the vine dressers in Mathew 21 Jesus told the chief priests and elders that the kingdom would be taken from them and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. This parable, Lazarus and the Rich Man, is also a judgment against them. It's drawn from four Old Testament prophecies. Duet. 32, Is. 28 and 50, and the book of Malachi. From these prophecies Jesus weaves this story together. The prophecies are about the destruction of the priesthood in AD. 70.

If you'd like I can give you a link to two audios that explain it in great detail. A lot more than I can do on a forum.
It's a warning to all of us.
Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED.