Hellish good works ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
are all good works rewarded or are some unrewarded and some completely wasted - in hell are the heat and torment adjusted and turned down etc - winc

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
so since the vast majority of us are going to hell,good works are really,really necessary and advisible - winc

Good works do not get us to heaven , the rewards given in heaven are based on any good works we may have done down here.

If we have no good works , we get no rewards .... but we are still in heaven.

If we are not Christians , we will not be in heaven.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
Good works do not get us to heaven , the rewards given in heaven are based on any good works we may have done down here.

If we have no good works , we get no rewards .... but we are still in heaven.

If we are not Christians , we will not be in heaven.

so good works by non Christians go unrewarded - winc

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
are all good works rewarded or are some unrewarded and some completely wasted - in hell are the heat and torment adjusted and turned down etc - winc
All good works which we work for will go unrewarded. We must repent of all of our own righteous works or deeds as they are filthy rags. Blow off false work; slack off. Only those who produce fruit will enter into eternal life.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
shnarkle said:
All good works which we work for will go unrewarded. We must repent of all of our own righteous works or deeds as they are filthy rags. Blow off false work; slack off. Only those who produce fruit will enter into eternal life.
Not so, good works will be rewarded in heaven. That reward may only be a well done, who knows.

If you do good works to be righteous, that is backwards. In that case I agree that works should stop, at least until one is right with God. Then works can be an expression of your love and graduate.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not so, good works will be rewarded in heaven. That reward may only be a well done, who knows.

If you do good works to be righteous, that is backwards. In that case I agree that works should stop, at least until one is right with God. Then works can be an expression of your love and graduate.
This is where I think most Christians seem to go astray. The hungry beggar doesn't care if you're feeding him to justify your own existence. He's just grateful for a meal. The homeless don't care if you're attempting to establish your own righteousness before God, they're just grateful to have a place to lay their head. They may even thank God for it. The point is that one needs to repent of the desire to establish or justify themselves before God. We do not stop doing the good works, we repent of looking at them as examples of our own righteousness. We denounce them as examples to document our own salvation.

The difference between works and fruit should be obvious. When one is producing fruit, it has nothing to do with how we feel. It is simply a bud break which allows the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. It isn't my love. It is the love of God. When one is producing works. There is no bud break at all. It is simply stapling fruit to the branches of the tree for all to see. When it's fruit, it's the Holy Spirit that does it. When it's work, it's I who am doing the work.