Hello Everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did he say that was wrong?

I did but maybe I'm not being sincere or remorseful enough about it

I believe my friend Philip may have been insinuating that your forgiveness is conditional upon making confession before a priest. If not, then I apologize to him in advance, but if so, you don't need a priest to confess your sins. You simply need to do the following:

1. call out to Him in prayer, preferably long enough to know He is listening (for your own sake), and then
2. say what you mean and mean what you say, and ask for forgiveness.

It's as simple as that.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I'm new. I hope you all are doing ok during this very difficult time now of the pandemic, deaths, riots, looting, and shootings that are happening in this world now. I was raised as a catholic but I'm trying to become a christian. Please help me. I would like to share my thoughts and experiences on future posting so stay tuned. God bless

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi everyone. I'm new. I hope you all are doing ok during this very difficult time now of the pandemic, deaths, riots, looting, and shootings that are happening in this world now. I was raised as a catholic but I'm trying to become a christian. Please help me. I would like to share my thoughts and experiences on future posting so stay tuned. God bless
hey LP...no guessing your favourite colour :)
Jesus tells us that if you knock the door will open, if you seek you will find and if you ask it will be given. That's pretty reassuring don't you think? In spite of the many points of view you encounter on a site like this, if you are steadfast in asking your Father in Heaven to show you the right way he will show it; you can count on it.
I find this verse (John 10:28) full of an anxiety lifting promise......go well.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome-

I was raised as a catholic but I'm trying to become a christian

Good for you.
God Bless,

Taken

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Welcome.
We're all on the same journey. We all come from different backgrounds but heading hopefully to the same place. As you navigate your way around the forum you will discover that many people here will offer you directions and counsel, maps and formulas that you ought to follow in order to get where you want to go. Some of them will be nonsense, others have portions of truth, and others a little more... Or less.
Thing is before you progress further I suggest you pray. Because like I said, they're a big complicated mixture of truth and error everywhere you go and you are going to need all the help you can get to discern and understand the sometimes subtle and at times not so subtle variations from the Biblical standard. Ask God to teach you. Every day. Don't just read your Bible... Study it prayerfully. Compare scripture with scripture. Did I mention pray? Never forget to pray. God will never let you down.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10:28 is indeed a precious promise. And in another place He expresses just how anxious He is to commune with us:

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20)

So we see that even when we're afraid to knock, He knocks for us to simply let Him in.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Formal welcome to CB!!! :) When I first came on Christian Foeums, I was seeking help also. I found a lot of prayer and support and a Godly advice. I have to tell you though, that once I was able to open up to people off the computer/forums and develop a support system, it got a lot easier to deal with all these fears. Do you have anyone you are close too you can get support with face to face? Definitely have my support online!!!!!! But it is so helpful to see peoples' faces and have an offline hug. I encourage finding a good non-denominational church in your area and develop friendships you can trust. It helped me a lot. And with prayer, a coping list of things to do when you start to worry helps. When my mind starts racing with negative thoughts, I play video games or listen to music...Do you like to journal/paint? Just stuff to help calm your mind down to think more clearly. Have you ever saw a doctor about medicine to help? I am not on a very high dose, but I can't function well whenever I miss a day.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Aug 29, 2020
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Formal welcome to CB!!! :) When I first came on Christian Foeums, I was seeking help also. I found a lot of prayer and support and a Godly advice. I have to tell you though, that once I was able to open up to people off the computer/forums and develop a support system, it got a lot easier to deal with all these fears. Do you have anyone you are close too you can get support with face to face? Definitely have my support online!!!!!! But it is so helpful to see peoples' faces and have an offline hug. I encourage finding a good non-denominational church in your area and develop friendships you can trust. It helped me a lot. And with prayer, a coping list of things to do when you start to worry helps. When my mind starts racing with negative thoughts, I play video games or listen to music...Do you like to journal/paint? Just stuff to help calm your mind down to think more clearly. Have you ever saw a doctor about medicine to help? I am not on a very high dose, but I can't function well whenever I miss a day.

Thank you =)

I have a friend who is a christian but I haven't seen him in years. The last time I spoke to him was a few days ago. I'm trying to make an arrangement to meet his pastor but he's not getting back to me. Most of the churches in my area are shut down. I know there's zoom but I rather go to church in person. I'm so depressed now that I'm not in the mood to do anything. I'm currently waiting to see a doctor. I will keep you posted. thank you again for your support and love

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you =)

I have a friend who is a christian but I haven't seen him in years. The last time I spoke to him was a few days ago. I'm trying to make an arrangement to meet his pastor but he's not getting back to me. Most of the churches in my area are shut down. I know there's zoom but I rather go to church in person. I'm so depressed now that I'm not in the mood to do anything. I'm currently waiting to see a doctor. I will keep you posted. thank you again for your support and love

I am glad Indiana is back open. New York is pretty closed up still, huh? :( ug. Well, I havent zoomed in forever, but if you need to see someone face to face, perhaps we can chat sometime. My 2 year old niece in Texas has covid right now. She is doing a lot better, but they are still in quarantine.

Reactions: Lavender Purple

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here ia another thing that helps me with anxiety, Lavendar:

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Easier said then done, I know. But this verse helps me. Helps to make a list of good things to think about when you feel afraid. God is always with you and deeply loves you. You do not have to fear anything. Go to Him. Ask Him to let you be His daughter, to forgive your sins and take your fear away. Tell Him you believe in Jesus Christ that He died for your sins and rose again. Then you will be a Christian. Living like a Christian is a lifelong thing that you learn. It doesnt matter what you are afraid of when you ask for salvation. It just matters that you trust in God's Son nad want to live a life dedicated to Him. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

Reactions: Lavender Purple
Aug 29, 2020
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here ia another thing that helps me with anxiety, Lavendar:

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Easier said then done, I know. But this verse helps me. Helps to make a list of good things to think about when you feel afraid. God is always with you and deeply loves you. You do not have to fear anything. Go to Him. Ask Him to let you be His daughter, to forgive your sins and take your fear away. Tell Him you believe in Jesus Christ that He died for your sins and rose again. Then you will be a Christian. Living like a Christian is a lifelong thing that you learn. It doesnt matter what you are afraid of when you ask for salvation. It just matters that you trust in God's Son nad want to live a life dedicated to Him. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

But I'm still struggling with sin, I'm having thoughts fearing of going to hell, If I done the unforgivable sin, blasphemy, betrayed Jesus and God, and if I committed horrible things