Hello! I brought cookies :D lol

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, that much chocolate would throw my heart into arrhythmia. But I will take a small batch of good ole fashioned soft-batch-style chocolate chip cookies. You can have them say 2021 if you wanna get fancy, but just the cookies would hit the spot. But no Gingerbread!!

No offense, but:

cf6ce4f1dc16b96bc12441e06b7f82dc.jpg

The only thing good about Gingerbread is making houses with it. But I would be impressed if you made one of Notre Dame. That would top this one:

c693e3f012c794ff2943b39f9655a6e0.jpg

But in cookies? No, not so much. Someone gave my wife some to take home, and I just tried one, and I'm thinking, "How on earth can you mess up a chocolate chip cookie? It's like like wrecking a tricycle..." But like I said, I take my cookies seriously.
:p Someone used, Gingerbread and Notre Dame in the same sentence?

iu

Gingerbread Notre Dame baked with 200 kilograms of ingredients

Gingerbread is definitely an acquired taste. That's because your taste buds done packed up and moved the heck OUT!
Now fruitcake is the , are you serious? For me. Gads. Yes, if I'm desperate for something to replace a missing football when wanting to throw a few in the front yard before Christmas dinner, sure. I can handle it. So can the catcher. Just give us a pair of latex gloves each and its on.
But eat it? Nah. There's no proof that stuff digests.

Whereas I can attest to this being very good for the taste buds and tummy. OK, the hips will give you dirty looks....(If they do that you've eaten wayyyyy too much)
2-red-velvet.jpg

Just in case you'd like the wife to spoil you rotten: The prettiest, most delicious cake recipes we could find

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:p Someone used, Gingerbread and Notre Dame in the same sentence?

iu

Wow... someone did it. Now all they need is a gingerbread electric train... which would probably make me lose hope in humanity.
Gingerbread is definitely an acquired taste. That's because your taste buds done packed up and moved the heck OUT!

I'd feed my gingerbread to this guy right here. There's always someone who can appreciate even the most awful stuff.

Dogs-Who-Are-Scaredy-Cats-Featured-Image.jpg.optimal.jpg

Now fruitcake is the , are you serious? For me. Gads. Yes, if I'm desperate for something to replace a missing football when wanting to throw a few in the front yard before Christmas dinner, sure. I can handle it. So can the catcher. Just give us a pair of latex gloves each and its on.
But eat it? Nah. There's no proof that stuff digests.

Someone also gave her some fruitcake cookies. I thought, "Hey. They look pretty good..." Just as awful as fruitcake, only in cookie form.
Whereas I can attest to this being very good for the taste buds and tummy. OK, the hips will give you dirty looks....(If they do that you've eaten wayyyyy too much)

This looks decent. I'll take one of these.

P.S. If there's gingerbread in it, it's going to the dog.

Reactions: Nancy and WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow... someone did it. Now all they need is a gingerbread electric train... which would probably make me lose hope in humanity.

I'd feed my gingerbread to this guy right here. There's always someone who can appreciate even the most awful stuff.

Dogs-Who-Are-Scaredy-Cats-Featured-Image.jpg.optimal.jpg

Someone also gave her some fruitcake cookies. I thought, "Hey. They look pretty good..." Just as awful as fruitcake, only in cookie form.

This looks decent. I'll take one of these.

P.S. If there's gingerbread in it, it's going to the dog.
LOL! Love the dog pic. Hey, you know you shouldn't eat it if the dog turns their nose up at it.

You just know somewhere in search engine image land there has to be a gingerbread electric train. I haven't looked. It's early, I got little sleep thinking about the schedule I have to make this afternoon, and I don't think I could take watching gingerbread with a light on its front making a circle and going, whoooooo whooooooo, chugachugachugachug. Nothing makes gingerbread nor fruitcake taste good. OK, maybe slathered with real chocolate frosting would do it. But then your pancreas would evict itself and what are you left with.
Slathered chocolate gingerbread or fruitcake burps! That's what.
Not enough mints in the world....

There's a family restaurant a few towns away, speaking of, the dog will eat anything, that all our friends would rave about. It takes awhile to get there but one night we were driving around looking at the sites, great night, lots of stars, and figured, lets give that place a try.
Uh huh.
One or two bites, that's it. Two to go boxes please. We didn't want to waste food and we had a dog at home.
Well, the dog sniffed both meals, as we placed them down to see which one he'd like to dine on first. Figuring these would last him for meals for a couple of days.
Not a chance. Turned his nose up, went to his bed and started to clean his butt. I figure he was trying to get the taste out of his mouth.
OK, no problem. We live in the country, there are critters that roam at night. And a family of black vultures stop by in winter from time to time when carcasses are scarce. We'll feed them.

Do you know when you should know to close your restaurant? A sure sign?
When neither a dog nor hungry winter buzzards will eat your left overs. That's when.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! Love the dog pic. Hey, you know you shouldn't eat it if the dog turns their nose up at it.

You just know somewhere in search engine image land there has to be a gingerbread electric train. I haven't looked. It's early, I got little sleep thinking about the schedule I have to make this afternoon, and I don't think I could take watching gingerbread with a light on its front making a circle and going, whoooooo whooooooo, chugachugachugachug. Nothing makes gingerbread nor fruitcake taste good. OK, maybe slathered with real chocolate frosting would do it. But then your pancreas would evict itself and what are you left with.
Slathered chocolate gingerbread or fruitcake burps! That's what.
Not enough mints in the world....

There's a family restaurant a few towns away, speaking of, the dog will eat anything, that all our friends would rave about. It takes awhile to get there but one night we were driving around looking at the sites, great night, lots of stars, and figured, lets give that place a try.
Uh huh.
One or two bites, that's it. Two to go boxes please. We didn't want to waste food and we had a dog at home.
Well, the dog sniffed both meals, as we placed them down to see which one he'd like to dine on first. Figuring these would last him for meals for a couple of days.
Not a chance. Turned his nose up, went to his bed and started to clean his butt. I figure he was trying to get the taste out of his mouth.
OK, no problem. We live in the country, there are critters that roam at night. And a family of black vultures stop by in winter from time to time when carcasses are scarce. We'll feed them.

Do you know when you should know to close your restaurant? A sure sign?
When neither a dog nor hungry winter buzzards will eat your left overs. That's when.

LoL!!

humorous+hilarious+funny+pictures+of+animals_Laughing_Out_Loud.jpg

The trouble with dogs is, if you give them something they hate, they still sit there looking at you like, "Are you gonna want the rest of it?" It's like they're stuck in Beg Mode, and they still have to succeed at getting it away from you.

I think the philosophy may be to slowly wear you down, even if the payoff is more long term.

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL!!

humorous+hilarious+funny+pictures+of+animals_Laughing_Out_Loud.jpg

The trouble with dogs is, if you give them something they hate, they still sit there looking at you like, "Are you gonna want the rest of it?" It's like they're stuck in Beg Mode, and they still have to succeed at getting it away from you.

I think the philosophy may be to slowly wear you down, even if the payoff is more long term.
My dog was a Lhasa Apso rescue. He knew his breed was pampered and so he wasn't about to abandon the stuck up privileged mode. He sniffed it, didn't want it, there was no coming back to it. Dog has spoken. LOL

Hence, God sent buzzards.
When they don't eat it, take it off the menu. Seriously.

I found a groundhog years ago that my then German Shepherd had killed on the back part of our property. He had the personality you describe. No, I don't want it. Ohhhh, well if you're realllly realllly not going to need that.....
Lasagna. His favorite. Garfield had nothing on Jericho.

He'd loved to explore and meet new critters before that. Then one day he came up to his first groundhog that wasn't impressed with big scary dog introducing himself as a lovable puppy.
All Ghog saw was, big scary dog. My mom witnessed this as she walked with him on that day.

Jericho sniffs, ground hog lifts front paw and swipes top of sensitive dog nose.
That was it. Ghog's were enemy on sight. He killed any one of them he saw.
So this day we're walking and I see these black vultures up ahead near the barn. They fly off and sure enough there was a Jericho trophy.
Fascinating though. This huge groundhog looked like it was a child's hand puppet. It was totally devoid of innards. All that as there was its full skin and hair. It was near flat for lack of insides. And how was this feeding accomplished? Through a tiny slit no wider nor higher than the width of a dime.
The only hole. And three buzzards, they usually hunt as family members, had taken turns feasting.

Now, if what eats that won't eat the leftover meatloaf and Salisbury steak dinners we got from that restaurant , and a spoiled rotten Lhasa Apso turns his nose up, tries to bury it by pawing the kitchen floor, and walks away snorting, it's a sign. That not even dessert there is to be trusted.
iu

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aw, man, I missed the cookies? ;) I didn't get an alert to all these replies. Forgive me for being tardy in my reply of thanks for the welcome.
HiH, only the best cookies. The delicious fattening kind that make your hips say, nooooo! And your tastebuds whisper to them, hush, go back to trying to fit yerself into them thar Levis.
Look! Gingerbread and cake! Gotta have cake. :)
iu
iu
iu

Thank goodness it's my birthday in a couple of months,.. that cake looks delicious. :D

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First of all, I just want to say this is NOTHING personal against you nor anyone else on this website at all. This is just something I would like to point out, if you don't mind.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." J. Robert Oppenheimer

Did you know that quote is actually from the Bhagavad Gita, a Hindu holy book?[1-6]
  1. Bhagavad-Gita: Chapter 11, Verse 32
  2. Bhagavad Gita - Wikipedia
  3. Bhagavad Gita and the first atomic explosion
  4. 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'. The story of Oppenheimer's infamous quote
  5. J. Robert Oppenheimer Explains How He Recited a Line from Bhagavad Gita--"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"--Upon Witnessing the First Nuclear Explosion | Open Culture
  6. Bhagavad Gita
Do you know what the Bible says about this?

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

~Galatians 1:6-10

1 I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me! 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

5 I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.” 6 I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way. 7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge? 8 I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you. 9 And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so. 10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine. 11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
~2 Corinthians 11:1-15

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

18 Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? 19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?
~1 Corinthians 10:14-22

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dear, @WaterSong.

Having read the previous quote, I now fear that you may be baking for the enemy. I will pray for your soul.

Please be easy on her.[1]

Hindu literature is not widely known inside of the United States. Only 0.7% of the American population practices Hinduism, as of 2014.[2]

Because of the Bhagavad Gita's obscurity in that part of the world, she most likely didn't know. Thankfully, God is gracious, merciful, and willing to forgive after repentance.[3]
  1. Ephesians 4:1-6, Galatians 6:1-10, 2 Timothy 2:22-26
  2. Field Listing :: Religions — The World Factbook - Central Intelligence Agency
  3. Acts 3:17-23, 17:24-31, 1 John 1:5-10

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, I just want to say this is NOTHING personal against you nor anyone else on this website at all. This is just something I would like to point out, if you don't mind.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." J. Robert Oppenheimer

Did you know that quote is actually from the Bhagavad Gita, a Hindu holy book?[1-6]
  1. Bhagavad-Gita: Chapter 11, Verse 32
  2. Bhagavad Gita - Wikipedia
  3. Bhagavad Gita and the first atomic explosion
  4. 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'. The story of Oppenheimer's infamous quote
  5. J. Robert Oppenheimer Explains How He Recited a Line from Bhagavad Gita--"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"--Upon Witnessing the First Nuclear Explosion | Open Culture
  6. Bhagavad Gita
Do you know what the Bible says about this?

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

~Galatians 1:6-10

1 I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me! 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

5 I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.” 6 I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way. 7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge? 8 I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you. 9 And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so. 10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine. 11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
~2 Corinthians 11:1-15

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

18 Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? 19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?
~1 Corinthians 10:14-22

Thank you for your time.

I know I'm going to hate myself for asking this but,.. what the heck does that have anything to do with this thread!?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It also just occurred to me that I never posted this after seeing the gingerbread thing. :D

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I'm going to hate myself for asking this but,.. what the heck does that have anything to do with this thread!?

Cold temperatures can have strange effects on people.

7a359af229d40c22ded46dd0f28fa4c7.jpg

This leads others to end up hating themselves for asking what the heck is going on.

Hang in there. Eventually things become clearer.

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Nothing to do with the thread itself but EVERYTHING to do with her relationship with God.[1] He is a very jealous God.[2]

I have made this same mistake too in the past. I used to really enjoy Bollywood music videos until I learned the truth about it. Indian dance is a central form of worship in Hinduism.[3] While I was bummed out at first, it just simply isn't worth it in the end.[4]

Back then, I could claim ignorance. Now, that is a luxury I can no longer afford.[5]

This is why I keep stressing the importance of doing research and fact checking before taking ANYTHING to heart (except the Word of God, though it can definitely help if done correctly). If this still doesn't resonate with many of you, then I'm calling it quits on this website.[6]
  1. Ephesians 5:8-20, Luke 10:27, Mark 12:30-31, Matthew 22:37, Romans 12:9-13
  2. Deuteronomy 5:6-10, Exodus 20:1-6, 34:14
  3. Dance and Hinduism - Hinduism - Oxford Bibliographies
  4. Luke 9:25, Mark 8:36, Matthew 16:26
  5. Acts 3:17-23, 17:24-31
  6. 2 Timothy 3:1-9
On December 31, 2020, at roughly 11:20 AM Eastern Time, I have attempted to improve the quality of writing inside this post and have done so several times since its original posting time. My apologies, I am still learning because I am a fallible human being.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I keep stressing the importance of doing research and fact checking before taking ANYTHING (except the Word of God, though it can definitely help if done correctly) to heart. If this still doesn't resonate with many of you, then I'm calling it quits on this website.[6]

This is a thread about making cookies. Some are good, some not so good, which is why I believe every cookie should be fact-checked against erroneous hearsay.

IMG_19281.jpg

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing to do with the thread itself but EVERYTHING to do with her relationship with God.[1] He is a very jealous God.[2]

I have made this same mistake too in the past. I used to really enjoy Bollywood music videos until I learned the truth about it. Indian dance is a central form of worship in Hinduism.[3] While I was bummed out at first, it just simply isn't worth it in the end.[4]

Back then, I could claim ignorance. Now, that is a luxury I can no longer afford.[5]

This is why I keep stressing the importance of doing research and fact checking before taking ANYTHING to heart (except the Word of God, though it can definitely help if done correctly). If this still doesn't resonate with many of you, then I'm calling it quits on this website.[6]
  1. Ephesians 5:8-20, Luke 10:27, Mark 12:30-31, Matthew 22:37, Romans 12:9-13
  2. Deuteronomy 5:6-10, Exodus 20:1-6, 34:14
  3. Dance and Hinduism - Hinduism - Oxford Bibliographies
  4. Luke 9:25, Mark 8:36, Matthew 16:26
  5. Acts 3:17-23, 17:24-31
  6. 2 Timothy 3:1-9
On December 31, 2020, at roughly 11:20 AM Eastern Time, I have attempted to improve the quality of writing inside this post and have done so several times since its original posting time. My apologies, I am still learning because I am a fallible human being.

How the bloody heck does baking cookies or liking to eat them have to do with affecting our relationship with God!? I apologise for shouting but please take it to some other thread at least if you're going to criticize anybody's faith since this has absolutely nothing to do with a light-hearted introduction thread.

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How the bloody heck does baking cookies or liking to eat them have to do with affecting our relationship with God!? I apologise for shouting but please take it to some other thread at least if you're going to criticize anybody's faith since this has absolutely nothing to do with a light-hearted introduction thread.

I am talking about this:

Evidence.jpg

I forgive you for your post. This was a very easy mistake for just about anyone.