Hello! I brought cookies :D lol

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well then in that case you better have words with me too because I have Harry Potter quotes in my signature. Soon to be a Draco and Hermione avatar once New Year's is over.

Harry Potter is a work of fiction written by a Christian author with (hopefully) good intentions.[1][5]

Bhagavad Gita is clearly a work of demonic fiction that has lead countless souls throughout history astray under the guise of "truthful" religion.[2]

Ma'am, I know for a fact you are not stupid. Please do research, fact check using multiple sources (like @WaterSong taught me to do)[3][4] before making any accusations. Please, I beg of you!
  1. 'Harry Potter' Author J.K. Rowling Opens Up About Books' Christian Imagery
  2. Hindu Countries 2020
  3. Siege of Whitehouse planned
  4. It's for Mike Pence to Judge whether a Presidential Election Was Held at All
  5. Religious debates over the Harry Potter series - Wikipedia

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Harry Potter is a work of fiction written by a Christian author with (hopefully) good intentions.[1][5]

Bhagavad Gita is clearly a work of demonic fiction that has lead countless souls throughout history astray under the guise of "truthful" religion.[2]

Ma'am, I know for a fact you are not stupid. Please do research, fact check using multiple sources (like @WaterSong taught me to do)[3][4] before making any accusations. Please, I beg of you!
  1. 'Harry Potter' Author J.K. Rowling Opens Up About Books' Christian Imagery
  2. Hindu Countries 2020
  3. Siege of Whitehouse planned
  4. It's for Mike Pence to Judge whether a Presidential Election Was Held at All
  5. Religious debates over the Harry Potter series - Wikipedia

Wow,... I must admit I'm shocked. When I tried discussing Harry Potter on here before I was attacked at all different angles. Maybe there's hope for you yet. :)

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, I just want to say this is NOTHING personal against you nor anyone else on this website at all. This is just something I would like to point out, if you don't mind.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." J. Robert Oppenheimer

Did you know that quote is actually from the Bhagavad Gita, a Hindu holy book?[1-6]
  1. Bhagavad-Gita: Chapter 11, Verse 32
  2. Bhagavad Gita - Wikipedia
  3. Bhagavad Gita and the first atomic explosion
  4. 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'. The story of Oppenheimer's infamous quote
  5. J. Robert Oppenheimer Explains How He Recited a Line from Bhagavad Gita--"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"--Upon Witnessing the First Nuclear Explosion | Open Culture
  6. Bhagavad Gita
Do you know what the Bible says about this?

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

~Galatians 1:6-10

1 I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me! 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

5 I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.” 6 I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way. 7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge? 8 I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you. 9 And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so. 10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine. 11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
~2 Corinthians 11:1-15

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

18 Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? 19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?
~1 Corinthians 10:14-22

Thank you for your time.
This American is well aware of the BG. :)
The quote is rightly attributed to Oppenheimer.

The BG quote many think is relative to his is actually quite different:
I am all devouring death, and I am the generating principle of all that is to be. Among women I am fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience.” BG 10.34.

“ Time I am,
the great destroyer of the worlds.” BG 11.32

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear, @WaterSong.

Having read the previous quote, I now fear that you may be baking for the enemy. I will pray for your soul.

2878709-digital-art-grim-reaper-death-dark-scythe-monochrome-spooky-chess-board-games-rock-sunlight-clouds-cook-hoods-hat-the-seventh-seal-movies-artwork-fan-art-pawns___movie-wallpa.jpg
Is the Prawn on the chefs other side giving him advice on those chess moves? ;)
iu

I'm not worried. RL is mistaken. It's very easy to get Oppenheimer mixed up with the BG.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Prawn on the chefs other side giving him advice on those chess moves? ;)

Yes. The Prawn told him to move his pawn.... Get it? Prawn told him... move the.. pawn. <Drum roll, crash>

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week. The kids need new shoes. By kids I mean me.
I'm not worried. RL is mistaken. It's very easy to get Oppenheimer mixed up with the BG.

Actually, I think you should have gone with the Bhagavad Gita quote instead. It's much better, IMO.

But that part about patience, fine speech and intelligence is pretty flattering. Maybe that's what kept you from using it...

Your humility. :p

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The Prawn told him to move his pawn.... Get it? Prawn told him... move the.. pawn. <Drum roll, crash>

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week. The kids need new shoes. By kids I mean me.

Actually, I think you should have gone with the Bhagavad Gita quote instead. It's much better, IMO.
If I'd have done that wolf critic would have been all over the place. Likely lost his goggles for the shock. ;) :p Kidding Rene Loup, kidding. Nice wolfie, goooood boy.

But that part about patience, fine speech and intelligence is pretty flattering. Maybe that's what kept you from using it...

Your humility. :p
Yeah, humility,that's it.
iu

I do agree though that that was a pretty good bit of writing in those verses in the BG. Quite a book actually. Have you read the The Bhagavad-Gita? It's title translates to Song of God or as some prefer, Song of the Lord.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I'd have done that wolf critic would have been all over the place. Likely lost his goggles for the shock. ;)

LoL!
I do agree though that that was a pretty good bit of writing in those verses in the BG. Quite a book actually. Have you read the The Bhagavad-Gita? It's title translates to Song of God or as some prefer, Song of the Lord.

You are currently the farthest limit of my knowledge of the Bhagavad Gita. But if you can stick with the fine speech and intelligence parts and stay away from that "I am become death" business, I'm all ears.

image-20141212-6042-kbyl5h.jpg

Dec 8, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cookies!
Ok, that much chocolate would throw my heart into arrhythmia. But I will take a small batch of good ole fashioned soft-batch-style chocolate chip cookies. You can have them say 2021 if you wanna get fancy, but just the cookies would hit the spot. But no Gingerbread!!

No offense, but:

cf6ce4f1dc16b96bc12441e06b7f82dc.jpg

The only thing good about Gingerbread is making houses with it. But I would be impressed if you made one of Notre Dame. That would top this one:

c693e3f012c794ff2943b39f9655a6e0.jpg

But in cookies? No, not so much. Someone gave my wife some to take home, and I just tried one, and I'm thinking, "How on earth can you mess up a chocolate chip cookie? It's like like wrecking a tricycle..." But like I said, I take my cookies seriously.

Attachments

• d22l9ff-3c69e7c3-4508-483e-833c-4223c4c133fb-1.jpg
    d22l9ff-3c69e7c3-4508-483e-833c-4223c4c133fb-1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Hidden In Him