Hello to Everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CuriousAgnostic

Mar 23, 2007
Hello to everyone here at the Christianity Board.Thanks for having me. As you can tell from my name, i'm not Christian, but a "fence sitter" as some would like to say.I'm here to learn more about Christianity in general. Aside from my own thoughts from the sections of the bible i've read, and of course news propaganda, I really don't know much, and i'd like to. Nothing better than straight out of the horses mouth, I always say.So I apologize in advance if I ask seemingly stupid questions, or seem somewhat ignorant, as I said, i'm here to learn.Looking forward to it!

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
Apparently you're an agnostic atheist, and not an agnostic Christian. I don't think atheists are allowed on this board. But, since you're here to learn, so you say, I will hope you can stay.

sevver

Dec 31, 2006
Welcome to being curious about Christianity. If you are seriously looking for hard facts, you have to get The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict to read at your leasure. There are plenty of books out there that will give you a good base for reallizing the Truth, this happens to sum up alot of them. God Bless

CuriousAgnostic

Mar 23, 2007
(Shingy;8262)
Apparently you're an agnostic atheist, and not an agnostic Christian. I don't think atheists are allowed on this board. But, since you're here to learn, so you say, I will hope you can stay.
Hi ShingyCan you qualify "agnostic atheist" and "agnostic Christian"? I'm not sure what you mean by that.Isn't an agnostic Christian an oxy moron? I am lead to believe that an atheist does not believe in any god or religion, while an agnostic "simply doesn't know".Thanks!

sevver

Dec 31, 2006
(CuriousAgnostic;8291)
Hi ShingyCan you qualify "agnostic atheist" and "agnostic Christian"? I'm not sure what you mean by that.Isn't an agnostic Christian an oxy moron? I am lead to believe that an atheist does not believe in any god or religion, while an agnostic "simply doesn't know".Thanks!
That is also what I was thinking, and I feel that you are the correct one here. Ask questions, and look into the historic truth of things. Get the book I told you about if you want hard facts.

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
(CuriousAgnostic;8291)
The accepted definition of 'agnostic' is one who does not believe the existence of a God or God's cannot be known. In essence, all agnostics are atheists and vice versa. However, there are a handful of agnostics who choose to believe in a particular diety despite the lack of evidence, or any empirical proof. I did a bit of quick research, and it appears to be that agnostic theism is an oxymoron. See here:http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutagnosticism/a/theism.htmand if you will, here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theismWiki quote:"Atheism: The Case Against God[2] George H. Smith argues that all agnosticism is a form of atheism (defined here as "lacking a belief in a deity"). His argument against agnostic theism is that it is contradictory to state that a being is inherently or currently unknowable, and yet positively assert a belief in its existence. His argument goes: * "One cannot possibly know that something exists without some knowledge of what it is that exists." * If it is declared unknowable, the concept of "god" becomes meaningless. The agnostic theist's statement of belief therefore becomes equivalent to "a blark exists." o This unspecified belief ("I believe in 'something'") is equivalent to nonbelief ("I am not convinced by any particular religious claim"). Therefore the so-called agnostic theist is in fact an atheist (by being unable to assert a positive belief in any specific deity). o It ensues that all agnosticism is a form of atheism. * If the agnostic theist still wishes to believe, he must ascribe attributes of some sort to the belief. However, they would then be claiming some knowledge of their deity and are therefore no longer agnostics but are theists instead."