Hello

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AndyBern

Jun 26, 2012
Hi all. My name's Andrew Bernhardt. I'm new to this forum, but I've been other others all the way back to the days of electronic bulletin board systems.

I've been saved since the 60's, but I'm finding there's always plenty of growing room. My focus in my more recent years is on knowing and following Jesus. I have a website with various articles and studies (dtjsoft.com), and a spinoff blog with a more direct following-Jesus focus (fadingman.dtjsoft.com).

I live in Beatty, Nevada, a very small town (<1000 people) out in the middle of nowhere, and over an hour away from the next larger town. Death Valley is just to the west, so there's lots of places to hike and explore (which I like doing).

- Andrew

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Andrew!

Any experience on the old UBB (I believe it was) and things like that? BB's have come a long way. This site was almost ChristianityBB.

Used to live in the middle of nowhere myself, growing up. No quite so "deserty" here in SC, but total population in the area was in the hundreds and "downtown" (which I use loosely/jokingly) was an old store that hadn't been open for a decade. Closest grocery store was 20+ minutes away, and traffic was not an issue. ;)

AndyBern

Jun 26, 2012
I'm not familiar with UBB. I ran a BBS (wrote the software for it) in New Jersey. I ran it on a C64, which I still have sitting in a closet.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, you were the real deal old school then, if you ran your own! :D

I admire that. I'm just now getting into "programming" - I use it lightly because it's primarily Javascript/jQuery & PHP, but my job has me dabble in Java and some Objective-C. I have a little background in Sys Admin as well. Very neat.

(I love it when techies join, can't ya tell?)

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Welcome to the Christianity Board, Andrew.I live in a small town than you (400-600). I live in the middle of nowhersville--about 50 miles from the nearest large store or anything.

AndyBern

Jun 26, 2012
For us, its +70 miles to the nearest store (other than a convenience store). But since it's all highway miles, it's not bad.