Help needed buying Potassium Iodide (anti-radiation medicine)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stu77000

Mar 13, 2022
Paarl
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello all!

My first post!

Anyway, so I need to buy some Potassium Iodide for about 15 people and the regular pills are just too expensive in my country.

For those that don't know what Potassium Iodide is used for - it is used in the instance where exposure to radiation is going to occur, ie. nuclear explosion, nuclear plant accident, etc.
Instead of your thyroid absorbing radioactive iodine, you take 130mg of safe Potassium Iodide every 24 hours which means the thyroid cannot absorb any radioactive iodine.

I came across this product on Ebay which got me thinking that I could just buy Potassium Iodide from a chemical manufacturer instead of buying the pills. I might have bought the product below but I still have to pay for shipping, taxes and our postal system is a mess and it might not even reach me.
100 Grams Potassium Iodide Crystal Powder

These pills are what one usually buys but they are quite expensive and to buy for 15 people would break the bank in my country.
Potassium Iodide Tablets, 130mg

So my question is can I buy something like this:
Potassium Iodide AR-500g
or this Potassium lodide 250g AR

The grade of Potassium Iodide I can get is Analytical Reagent which is high purity, up to 99.8% - 99.9%.
Here is an explanation of the various grades - A Guide to Chemicals and Chemical Grades

If I buy the above and just measure out the recommended 130mg and use that instead of buying an actual product from a company that is way more expensive?

The first product I linked to seems to be just plain old potassium iodide powder that you measure out yourself, which is what I want to buy.

Thanks

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Seems dangerous to take chemicals not made for human consumption. You don't know if the seller will try to cheat you and give you something else that is poison.

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all!

My first post!

Anyway, so I need to buy some Potassium Iodide for about 15 people and the regular pills are just too expensive in my country.

For those that don't know what Potassium Iodide is used for - it is used in the instance where exposure to radiation is going to occur, ie. nuclear explosion, nuclear plant accident, etc.
Instead of your thyroid absorbing radioactive iodine, you take 130mg of safe Potassium Iodide every 24 hours which means the thyroid cannot absorb any radioactive iodine.

I came across this product on Ebay which got me thinking that I could just buy Potassium Iodide from a chemical manufacturer instead of buying the pills. I might have bought the product below but I still have to pay for shipping, taxes and our postal system is a mess and it might not even reach me.
100 Grams Potassium Iodide Crystal Powder

These pills are what one usually buys but they are quite expensive and to buy for 15 people would break the bank in my country.
Potassium Iodide Tablets, 130mg

So my question is can I buy something like this:
Potassium Iodide AR-500g
or this Potassium lodide 250g AR

The grade of Potassium Iodide I can get is Analytical Reagent which is high purity, up to 99.8% - 99.9%.
Here is an explanation of the various grades - A Guide to Chemicals and Chemical Grades

If I buy the above and just measure out the recommended 130mg and use that instead of buying an actual product from a company that is way more expensive?

The first product I linked to seems to be just plain old potassium iodide powder that you measure out yourself, which is what I want to buy.

Thanks

Please do not buy medicine from a cheap source. When medications are sold cheaply on illegal markets, they are either counterfeit pills or heavily diluted down and mixed with some other substance, possibly a dangerous substance. Read this for more information about the dangers of counterfeit medicine: Counterfeit Medicine

By the way, if you don't have a doctor's prescription for a controlled substance like that, it's best not to take it.