Helplessness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Everyone is in the middle. I am sure you have been quoted 1 John 1:18 (If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.) Godliness doesn't mean acheiving Godhood or Deity status. We are to be as God-like as possible in our decision making. That is why Christ told us to be perfect as God is perfect, because we aren't that now. If Jesus set a goal for us to achieve that was actually achievable then we could boast, "See, I have become as perfect as God, I no longer need God, I am a new god."

But since the goal is forever out of our mortal grasp, Christ also gave us the promice, "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (John 14:3). He will come for us to lift us to that goal He set for us.

It's our responsibilty to keep on trying, for in the effort we receive Joy. But when He comes, OUR joy will be completed (fulfilled).

John Piper has popped up on my radar on several occasions and never was it in a good way. I generally stay away from anyone associated closely with Rick Warren and the Prosperity Gospel. Their's is a path of tears.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course, we are called to love our enemies....even our enemies one removed.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Piper would flip if he was associated with Warren.