Heresy or error?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, @David H. , I looked up that verse and I’m chewing on it.

10 Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.” (The seven lamps[a] represent the eyes of the Lord that search all around the world.)

10 For who has shown contempt for the day of small things? [a]But these seven will rejoice when they see the [b]plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel—they are the eyes of the Lordroaming throughout the earth.”

But these seven will rejoice? Has me intrigued…
Also calls to mind the seven stars and lamp stands…

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But these seven will rejoice? Has me intrigued…
Also calls to mind the seven stars and lamp stands…
And the seven churches, and the seven Spirits of God.... If you look carefully the Seven Spirits of God are listed in Isaiah 11:2, The Spirit of the LORD being the first. All seven were resting on Jesus as Isaiah 11 is messianic. I always wondered did God give each of the seven churches a unique Spirit that they carry that will come together at the second advent? I Believe there is a mystery there that will be revealed at the second coming. But that is another topic.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the seven churches, and the seven Spirits of God.... If you look carefully the Seven Spirits of God are listed in Isaiah 11:2, The Spirit of the LORD being the first. All seven were resting on Jesus as Isaiah 11 is messianic. I always wondered did God give each of the seven churches a unique Spirit that they carry that will come together at the second advent? I Believe there is a mystery there that will be revealed at the second coming. But that is another topic.
I saw the 7 lamps/His eyes searching on earth, as being His body…us! We are His body. I got a bit lost in it, mesmerized. But yes, different thread. Sorry, I’m a bit all over the place like everything zinging so fast past me.

• Love
Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no evidence in the passage that leads me to believe that these are "false converts." The tares or the children of the wicked one are not fake 'sons of God' - they are outright sons of Satan - Christianity's real enemy. You know who they are - the ones who steal, kill, and destroy.
False converts, pretenders, children of the wicked one, wolves in sheep's clothing all the same thing. Tares look like the wheat plant until the time of harvest and they produce no harvest, while robbing nutrients and water from the soil. Just like all the Tares that like to hangout in Christian Forums spouting their false doctrines.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw the 7 lamps/His eyes searching on earth, as being His body…us! We are His body. I got a bit lost in it, mesmerized. But yes, different thread. Sorry, I’m a bit all over the place like everything zinging so fast past me.
Don't be ashamed of this.... This is the Holy Ghost teaching you, you are seeing the immensity of an eternal God and His wisdom, be humbled by what he is showing you, be a sponge and absorb the Word of God.... the Living Word of God. Half the battle is thinking we can fit God in a box of our understanding, but when you see the wisdom of God like this you see you cannot and all you can say is we all know in part.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all the same thing because you're putting false converts and heretics as the main ingredient in the mix. And that's simply not the case!

The field represents the WORLD NOT THE CHURCH!
Jesus won the victory on the cross, and the deed to the earth (Worthy is the Lamb That was slain) The world is his field now. He planted good seed.

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be ashamed of this.... This is the Holy Ghost teaching you, you are seeing the immensity of an eternal God and His wisdom, be humbled by what he is showing you, be a sponge and absorb the Word of God.... the Living Word of God. Half the battle is thinking we can fit God in a box of our understanding, but when you see the wisdom of God like this you see you cannot and all you can say is we all know in part.
My battle right this minute is striving to not go back to laboring in the strength of my own mind and intellect to collect. I strongly feel it would be wrong to do. Yet something in me wants to labor that way, or at the least is being tugged on to go back to doing so. But I’m almost certain it would be a serious mistake. Teresa of Avila comes to mind…it would be like going back to a bucket and well when I’ve been given a water wheel. Or like…insisting on peeling an orange a second time - ridiculous.
If I stop and insist on staying in one place to work with my own mind, I’m concerned it will stop through my own fault, and then I would be of no help to anyone.

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Wanted to continue on my above comment.... For me personally when God first shows me something like this, I cannot defend it logically, but I have to share it. It is only later that he gives us understanding of it and can even begin to show what he is showing us in the Word of God. Like You said earlier you know it is true and real but can't explain it fully as it is so much bigger than human comprehension. Pray the prayer in Ephesians 1:17-23 that Paul prayed, and He will answer. Praying for your guidance. God Bless.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My battle right this minute is striving to not go back to laboring in the strength of my own mind and intellect to collect. I strongly feel it would be wrong to do. Yet something in me wants to labor that way, or at the least is being tugged on to go back to doing so. But I’m almost certain it would be a serious mistake. Teresa of Avila comes to mind…it would be like going back to a bucket and well when I’ve been given a water wheel. Or like…insisting on peeling an orange a second time - ridiculous.
If I stop and insist on staying in one place to work with my own mind, I’m concerned it will stop through my own fault, and then I would be of no help to anyone.
Your on the right track here. Soak in the Living Word of God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your on the right track here. Soak in the Living Word of God.
I hope so. I think so.
It has happened to you? It has to me before but only briefly, not for days. I’m writing brief notes, posting some of it, looking up verses but leaving them as soon as something else begins. And an accusation keeps coming to mind that I’m wrong and am being…dissipating? Lazy? Greedy? I’m not going to fall for that. He’s giving us something wonderful.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all the same thing because you're putting false converts and heretics as the main ingredient in the mix. And that's simply not the case!

The field represents the WORLD NOT THE CHURCH!
I think you’re getting cranked up unnecessarily. They are planted in the same field. They are tangled up together such that pulling up one would pull up the other. The field does represent the world, of course- it clearly states that. But all the seed is planted in the same place, the same field, the world. The true church, which is those who belong to Him, are planted in the world. The field is the world. The weeds the enemy sows to spread confusion are also in the field. They infiltrate and twist in among the wheat, the church.

Reactions: Nancy

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope so. I think so.
It has happened to you? It has to me before but only briefly, not for days. I’m writing brief notes, posting some of it, looking up verses but leaving them as soon as something else begins. And an accusation keeps coming to mind that I’m wrong and am being…dissipating? Lazy? Greedy? I’m not going to fall for that. He’s giving us something wonderful.
Has it happened to me? Yes. He eventually gave me my calling speaking through His word to me. From time to time he Opens His word like this, and I absorb what I can, read the word let Him teach.... this is the divine revelation I speak of, But he also brings dryspells so that we can appreciate what he has shown us..... So be ready for those dry spells as well. They keep you hungering and thirsting for the Manna from heaven and the living Water. We use 10% of our brains, I honestly think that other 90% is there for us to absorb what He has to give us, and then put words to it.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has it happened to me? Yes. He eventually gave me my calling speaking through His word to me. From time to time he Opens His word like this, and I absorb what I can, read the word let Him teach.... this is the divine revelation I speak of, But he also brings dryspells so that we can appreciate what he has shown us..... So be ready for those dry spells as well. They keep you hungering and thirsting for the Manna from heaven and the living Water. We use 10% of our brains, I honestly think that other 90% is there for us to absorb what He has to give us, and then put words to it.
I know about the dry spells. I see them as a fast He puts us on. The true fast, in spirit. John of the cross calls them nights. You come out of them closer to what He wants. Various men in the Bible described these dry spells/fasts/nights many times. Here is one:
I am the man who has seen affliction
by the rod of the Lord’s wrath.
2 He has driven me away and made me walk
in darkness rather than light;
3 indeed, he has turned his hand against me
again and again, all day long.

4 He has made my skin and my flesh grow old
and has broken my bones.
5 He has besieged me and surrounded me
with bitterness and hardship.
6 He has made me dwell in darkness
like those long dead.
7 He has walled me in so I cannot escape;
he has weighed me down with chains.
8 Even when I call out or cry for help,
he shuts out my prayer.
9 He has barred my way with blocks of stone;
he has made my paths crooked.
10 Like a bear lying in wait,
like a lion in hiding,
11 he dragged me from the path and mangled me
and left me without help.
12 He drew his bow
and made me the target for his arrows.
13 He pierced my heart
with arrows from his quiver.
14 I became the laughingstock of all my people;
they mock me in song all day long.
15 He has filled me with bitter herbs
and given me gall to drink.
16 He has broken my teeth with gravel;
he has trampled me in the dust.
17 I have been deprived of peace;
I have forgotten what prosperity is.
18 So I say, “My splendor is gone
and all that I had hoped from the Lord.”
19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

Job also experienced this. Everything seems to pile on at once. You learn to almost desire them when they come since He does so much good for you by them.
I knew by an earlier post of yours that you are in one. I think you’ve been in and out of it, mostly in, for a rather long amount of time, correct?

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job also experienced this. Everything seems to pile on at once. You learn to almost desire them when they come since He does so much good for you by them.
I don't know if I Long for them.... But i see the good in them. The other day when I wrote my last post here, I was crying out to God "Why?" regarding my suffering. He then Spoke to me with the video I posted, and understood what he was showing me.... That even when he seems like he is not listening or speaking to you, He is there. It does not matter where we are, we are to worship Him.... and find the desire to worship Him.

God Bless. Gotta get some sleep.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David spoke of them too.
He said, in his prosperity (one of those times like I am in now), I will not be moved. But then God hid from him (one of the dark nights) and he was dismayed.

Its how it works that you think it will never end this time when you are in prosperity, but then the darkness comes again and you think it will never be well with you again. But He does a very good thing in that darkness and you progress like you never could in the prosperity. Each time you come out of the night/fast you hear Him better.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if I Long for them.... But i see the good in them. The other day when I wrote my last post here, I was crying out to God "Why?" regarding my suffering. He then Spoke to me with the video I posted, and understood what he was showing me.... That even when he seems like he is not listening or speaking to you, He is there. It does not matter where we are, we are to worship Him.... and find the desire to worship Him.

God Bless. Gotta get some sleep.
It’s sort of like how when you have a headache that lasts for three days. You somehow acclimate to it but at various times it pierces worse and you feel you can’t take it anymore and get mad and cranky and impatient for it to end. And then it becomes a duller throb and you’re calmer. Then back again.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh gosh, I did it again, not paying attention to what thread I’m in. On the one hand I think, just go where He does but on the other hand, I guess it’s annoying.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are just waffling @Episkopos saying nothing with a lot of words.
J.
You are promoting heresy brother, again, not saying anything but a whole lot of nothing, and judging and condemning Luther and the Reformers.
You have your own pod cast and now you can freely promote sinless perfection, which is heresy, you and members here, the majority in fact, bamboozle the immature, babes in Christ and spread your own leaven.

Not being saved? Only at the end? What are you saved from brother, since the Reformers and PC Sproul would tie you up in a knot.

One moment you ramble about Paul, the other about how in error the Reformers were, to understanding grace, to stand on Mount Zion, no coherency in your rhetoric's, writing "books, or a book?"

Are you strapped for money, honey.

Righteous, holiness, not really holiness, righteous, or vice versa, "for that takes care of everything?"