Hey guys, I'm new, and questioning.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ps77

Nov 3, 2007
Okay, so, much like Esquire, the reason I'm here is I'm having doubts.Not doubt in God, as such, but doubt in Christianity, doubt in the teachings of man. More specifically, I have found that the things that I have been believing are not necessarily true. The Bible is not so literal. Not so inerrant, and not so infallible.I have not given up hope on God.I have not even given up hope on the Bible. It's just I'm finding some of my beliefs are being changed as I learn more.I am socially liberal, like Esquire, and apparently that conflicts with Christianity, but that depends on who you ask.And when it comes down to it, thats what it is that I'm struggling with.It depends on who you ask. I never thought that two contradictory viewpoints could both be supported by the bible. People seem to be able to get what they want out of the Bible.Also my doubt comes from the division in the church. I've always seen this as a downfall of the church, but never looked at it closely.I know Jesus did not want division in the church.but that is exactly what we have. to the point where we don't know who is right anymore.It's not even in the main things, like God, or Jesus, but it's different things, usually in the moral views, the dos and don'ts of the religion of Christianity. I have put hours and hours of debate and research into this every week over the past while. And I've been really interested and questioning for years now.I still pray.I still read the Bible.I still hold (mainly) Christian morals (well, to which denomination of Christianity? I couldn't tell you)I am a Pentecostal by denomination.But when I'm older I probably won't attend a Pentecostal church.I won't go into too much detail, but my posts reflect what is on my mind.I came here to get some good debate. To chat with other believers, about their beliefs, and mine.And come to conclusions about different matters in Christianity.It's not about a religion anyways, it's about Jesus. It's about God.It's about following Jesus. But this whole Christianity business, i'm getting tired of it.This all stemmed from me wanting to have answers for my "non-Christian" friends back in junior high.Ever since then, my quest for truth has not ended. And probably never will end.

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
Hi ps77,I'm new here too and frankly, I am in much the same position you are. I was raised and generally accepted the beliefs my family passed on through the church we attended. I don't currently attend a church, however I am now (and realized recently that I always had) questioned some of the beliefs I was taught. I am also confused by all of the different denominations of Christianity. I have always had trouble with one Christian church claiming to be following "the truth" when every other denomination also believes they are the true church. I also don't know which denomination my current beliefs are based on.I am sorry, I don't have any words of encouragement other than hopefully through discussions and participation on these boards we might both find answers to our questions. I am happy to know I am not the only one struggling with questions.Stephanie

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Welcome squeakThen you may be at the right place here we say the bible has no denominations it is for all. denominations were created by men for men. let me know if you have any questions or problems