Hi everyone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southern_guy

Feb 9, 2008
For starters, I'm glad I've got the opportunity to chat with other christians, and would like to lay out the basics of what I believe.I think that the New Testament is pretty accurate, since the Mediterranean was relatively stable during the time period and meticulous records were kept by government officials. There are some writings that list Jesus as a recently executed Jewish rebel. The Old Testament I'm not very sure about, though. The world was extremely chaotic during that era, and scientific evidence doesn't back up the theory of a global flood. If you melted all the ice on earth, it wouldn't come close to the top of Mt. Arafat.There was at one point a large flood that wiped out a majority of the world's centers of civilization which I believe was the source of that, the accounts of which became wildly exaggerated over the years. I also think that the Earth isn't 6,000 years old, and that dinosaurs existed. I don't see how the Big Bang or Evolution conflict with the Bible, and think that God used those to create the world as it is now.I do believe that Jesus was the son of god and died on the cross for us, and that's what is really important.