Hidden with Christ in God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Um . . . you seem to be the arbiter here. But what are you saying? God does not exist? OK. And Abba is real. Who is your Abba? if not the God of the Bible?
can you fit God into one of those definitions or not? If you can then fine, and i am wrong. I dont expect you to stop saying "God exists" regardless though, as if you knew, or had some objective proof, but we should already both know that belief in God is just that, a "belief." But as we have already determined, you have no beliefs, at least none that you will admit to? Which i guess that isnt a crime either!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i did, and that was my reply, and as much as i would love to be agreeing with you, i just cant, sorry.

ex·ist
/iɡˈzist/
verb
  1. 1.
    have objective reality or being.
    "there existed no organization to cope with espionage"
    synonyms: live, be alive, be living, have life, breathe, draw breath; More

2. 2.
    live, especially under adverse conditions.
    "only a minority of people exist on unemployment benefits alone"
    synonyms: survive, subsist, live, stay alive, support oneself, eke out a living, eke out an existence; More

And wadr God does not exist, unless you can fit Him into one of those definitions?
    Doesnt mean that Abba is not very real, but again you are not the arbiter here, and neither am i, but see only one of us is talking as if we were, yeh?

As long as you can honestly say, in the integrity of your heart, you went to God and asked and that’s what He told you I will say no more, but;

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: Hisman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that some on here believe there is a back door, or a side door, or any door at
all that we can enter and still have the saving faith and true salvation through the ONLY way, and if a Christian, that should be Jesus - as He IS the only Way, TRUTH and Life. I have the assurance of my own salvation through the scriptures. I truly am a scripture person...I NEED direction and a solid and ever faithful foundation. I do NOT "worship" scripture, I worship who they point to and, that is Jesus, not Buddha, Mohammed, Krishna, and any other of the MANY false gods. Simple is me, all the way, and He has made His own Word simple enough for me to understand. i do not think there is even a full minute that passes where I am NOT thinking of God and all things God, praying, seeking constantly to grow in Him and to live in HIS precepts. I know what He has done in my life and it sure was not me!! Tried that for decades to NO adieu. Then that one day...my eyes were as opened as they could get without my eyeballs falling out! HE showed me, He switched the light on. And, as long as I wake each day, and hand my life over to Him the moment I awake, I WILL walk in His ways. I am not and can not be perfect as HE is perfect, His ways and thoughts are WAY higher than ours...we will never be "equal with Him", never.... but, I can and will continue to strive for His perfection, which I think can also mean to be complete in His love towards our neighbors and forgiveness and mercy towards those who do us wrong. I must draw the line here though, Jesus IS the ONLY way to God and salvation. Yes, of course He died for the WHOLE world but, "few" will receive this gift of His, they loved their sin more. Few will find the narrow road...
It is an awesome thought to think that EVERY PERSON will be saved but, the bible tells me very differently. We are growing at our own pace. As much as we submit to Him, will He fill that dirty space with only good things for us. He has shown me this over and over again. My prayer for this forum is for all to be kind to each other and if that is not possible for you...the ignore option is always there.
IMHO - if one is sincere with God, He WILL respond in kind and, I know many on here do seek things above and beyond what He has promised but, I do not see Him as a showman...how can one even connect with Him in any kind of carnal way?? Impossible. I do not seek experience outside of the things God chooses to show me. This chick will ALWAYS place the Word of God above all and any - I need the structure and comfort it contains, everyday...every minute! I may be growing in Him slower than many on here but, I don't really care as I know that my growth is very evident to those who have known me.
I truly love so many on here and it hurts my heart, and spirit to see the nasty remarks, whether they are outright insults or one saying another is not really saved because of their doctrine or their beliefs. Did not Jesus say, BELIEVE on me? And, if one is sincere here, and repents...that person will grow in God's time.
2 Peter 1:3 "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue."
I take this at face value and believe it to be so.

I love you all fiercely, even if you don't like me :D
Totally in His Name always.
nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And that will determine whether God exists?
well, i mean unless you have a different def of exists, i dont see how it couldnt, yeh?
Look around you, there's the proof.
ok, go with that then, marks. I mean i happen to believe in God, and that He IS, ok, but you might see how this belief of yours, of God's "existence," not only cannot be objectively demonstrated as per the parameters of the term, but also takes the form of an indisputable Absolute Truth for you, that can only bring disappointment?

Bc you will not be able to help but go on to set other subjective parameters for YHWH, and insist upon them as AT also, see, and i dont have to even say "imo" here bc a tree is known by its fruit. You will do what you have done, unless you change your mind.

Made up nonsense.

And nothing like dialog.
the invitation to state one of your beliefs is still open, marks, that is where the dialogue ended i think, wadr. Have a nice evening

Last edited:

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that some on here believe there is a back door, or a side door, or any door at
all that we can enter and still have the saving faith and true salvation through the ONLY way, and if a Christian, that should be Jesus - as He IS the only Way, TRUTH and Life. I have the assurance of my own salvation through the scriptures. I truly am a scripture person...I NEED direction and a solid and ever faithful foundation. I do NOT "worship" scripture, I worship who they point to and, that is Jesus, not Buddha, Mohammed, Krishna, and any other of the MANY false gods. Simple is me, all the way, and He has made His own Word simple enough for me to understand. i do not think there is even a full minute that passes where I am NOT thinking of God and all things God, praying, seeking constantly to grow in Him and to live in HIS precepts. I know what He has done in my life and it sure was not me!! Tried that for decades to NO adieu. Then that one day...my eyes were as opened as they could get without my eyeballs falling out! HE showed me, He switched the light on. And, as long as I wake each day, and hand my life over to Him the moment I awake, I WILL walk in His ways. I am not and can not be perfect as HE is perfect, His ways and thoughts are WAY higher than ours...we will never be "equal with Him", never.... but, I can and will continue to strive for His perfection, which I think can also mean to be complete in His love towards our neighbors and forgiveness and mercy towards those who do us wrong. I must draw the line here though, Jesus IS the ONLY way to God and salvation. Yes, of course He died for the WHOLE world but, "few" will receive this gift of His, they loved their sin more. Few will find the narrow road...
It is an awesome thought to think that EVERY PERSON will be saved but, the bible tells me very differently. We are growing at our own pace. As much as we submit to Him, will He fill that dirty space with only good things for us. He has shown me this over and over again. My prayer for this forum is for all to be kind to each other and if that is not possible for you...the ignore option is always there.
IMHO - if one is sincere with God, He WILL respond in kind and, I know many on here do seek things above and beyond what He has promised but, I do not see Him as a showman...how can one even connect with Him in any kind of carnal way?? Impossible. I do not seek experience outside of the things God chooses to show me. This chick will ALWAYS place the Word of God above all and any - I need the structure and comfort it contains, everyday...every minute! I may be growing in Him slower than many on here but, I don't really care as I know that my growth is very evident to those who have known me.
I truly love so many on here and it hurts my heart, and spirit to see the nasty remarks, whether they are outright insults or one saying another is not really saved because of their doctrine or their beliefs. Did not Jesus say, BELIEVE on me? And, if one is sincere here, and repents...that person will grow in God's time.
2 Peter 1:3 "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue."

nancy

Said in the Spirit of Christ.

Admonition received, may it cause increase to the measure of Christ.

For if it’s self, it’s sin, if it’s Christ, it’s not.

Bless you.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, was my post "admonishing"? Lol.

Not at all in a bad way, but in a “life” way. For when I read it the Holy Spirit quickened a response in my Spirit that I was not guiltless. Self had manifested itself, regardless of how little or large, the Holy Spirit brought it to my attention that I needed to die to myself a little more in certain situations. So I wanted to thank you for allowing Christ to use you, to grow me. I guess maybe you got a reward waiting, seeing how if you give so much as a glass of water, your reward is sure. So I just wanted to express my thanks to a growing in Christ soul.

Blessings,

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on...both you and @bbyrd009 are for sure wet blankets re the power of the Lord to save AND keep...as He promised.

You cry woe, woe woe unto man....'the man who never measures up'...you don't yourself, I don't, no one does, even those who think that they have nailed the thing. So what is your point?

Now IF you were preaching , encouraging, and calling out the overcomers , maybe I could amen you both...but you don't...your cry constantly - "no, no, you have it all wrong, we cannot ever rest in the Lord and trust His word."

And the other thing...your posts to @marks and @Not me are always in disagreement.
So, what happens to those like them and me who believe that God has done all things well and He is a Father that we can trust and rejoice in..for "In Him" we are what He says we are...( and lets throw H. Richards into the mix too) ...so if we are wrong, according to you...teaching error , what happens ?
Are we off Hell fire? Or do we lose the Prize of the High calling?...or do we lose our position in the kingdom? What is it you are not saying...because all that you are doing is disagreeing.

I will believe in the power of God to have done what He said He has done, until my dying breath. I am weak, He is strong...He remembers we are but worms. His Plan is a winning Plan, not a losing one. GOD WINS.

You must both live very miserable lives, always conscious of not being good enough, every time you wake up in the morning...never knowing ....

News flash, you never will be good enough...that is The Good News...
....so, tell us what is going to happen to those ( all) of us who are never good enough... Watching this space...

As for me and my house.....H
Amen! Well said @ByGrace!:)

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not at all in a bad way, but in a “life” way. For when I read it the Holy Spirit quickened a response in my Spirit that I was not guiltless. Self had manifested itself, regardless of how little or large, the Holy Spirit brought it to my attention that I needed to die to myself a little more in certain situations. So I wanted to thank you for allowing Christ to use you, to grow me. I guess maybe you got a reward waiting, seeing how if you give so much as a glass of water, your reward is sure. So I just wanted to express my thanks to a growing in Christ soul.

Blessings,

Romans 8 mentions strongly about the indwelling Holy Spirit in the believer...

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8 mentions strongly about the indwelling Holy Spirit in the believer...

Yes it does, but that is what our salvation in Christ is, the Spirit of Truth come to dwell in us. (The Divine Nature come to birth in us)..... As I can tell you have experienced, and know this to be true.... So as I’m sure you know, as those that have been made partakers of the Divine Nature, the more we listen, obey, yield, to this new (Divine), life that has been birth in us, the more we grow in Christ, or as scripture calls it in another place “Christ being formed in you”. So seeing how we all are in the school of Christ, being sensitive to the breathing of His Spirit in us is the only thing that brings growth. Anyways, bless you for your correct and on point post. And may God increase the manifestation of Christ in you. Most blessed and loved man of God, Farouk

Blessings,

Last edited:
Reactions: Hisman and farouk

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings,

Well! That's a very good thing!

I wonder how this seeing that you have to die more fits in with your op that you have already died.

Reactions: Episkopos

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Said in the Spirit of Christ.

Admonition received, may it cause increase to the measure of Christ.
What is what everybody else said? Chopped liver? lol
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
Let Him correct and prune us so that we might be perfectly fully-fruited-trees!
Luv u @Not me and like Nancy said, I luv all my peeps ~ whether you do or not! :D

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

nancy
A very hearty Amen!!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the invitation to state one of your beliefs is still open, marks, that is where the dialogue ended i think, wadr. Have a nice evening
wadr, been down that road with you, you've responded with redefining things, iow, word games.

So it goes.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well! That's a very good thing!

I wonder how this seeing that you have to die more fits in with your op that you have already died.

This seeing that I have to die to self more is the heart and foundation of our salvation in Christ.

“Christ or self” is the choice set in the heart of all believers.

We have died with Christ on the cross and it is by believing this truth in the heart can and will one walk in newness of life. But it is only to the degree that one’s heart by faith grabs unto this truth will this truth be manifested in their life’s. For there is always a deeper dying or yielding or giving oneself over to God that is called for, a deeper degree of Christ to be formed in us.

This truth that when Jesus died on the cross He took us to death with Him. Is brought forth in many scriptures one being;

“when Jesus died we died”

This is God’s gift to mankind brought to us by Christ’s death and resurrection.

Our deaths with Christ. (and our resurrection)

But as Christ died and was raised in new life by the Glory and Power of the Father, we are to follow suit.. We are ourselves to go through this same death and resurrection “in” us. We are to die to the old and by the faith of the heart grab unto His promises that we might walk in newness of life.

This is why in scripture we are told to:

“reckon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God”

This is our part, “the reckoning by faith.” The more this reckoning is done in the heart by faith, the more will the self-life in a believer experience it’s death.

For as Christians we have received a new life in us and so it’s to the degree we listen, yield, obey this new life (the Divine Nature) come to birth in us to that degree will our deaths in Christ be made real in our lives by experience. This is why we read in scripture;

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?”

This was written to those that were saved, born again and had already received the Divine Nature come to birth in them. This brings forth the constant choice set in man, whom they choose to obey or listen to.

This choice is always; which will rule in the heart, Christ or self?

For both our old or the New birth can be listened to and obeyed. We are told to listen and yield and obey the New Birth in us, which is the Divine Nature that never sins.

For our salvation is a 100% free gift from God to mankind and it all comes through the faith of the heart.

But I might add that many people have tried to reckon themselves out of this or that sin and have failed time and time again. The reason for this failure is because they have tried to reckon themselves dead with their carnal (fleshy) mind as something their minds can grab onto as any learning they could from any school book. This is not the faith that receives from God. It is only the faith of the heart that receives from God.

Than that naturally brings up the question;

How do you get, grow, receive this faith of heart?

We as Christians have all received a “measure of faith”: this faith only grows to the degree our personal relationship with Christ grows. One can not grow with out the other. So the answer naturally follows. To grow one’s heart faith, grow one’s personal relationship with Christ.

For when Jesus died we died, that we might be a new creation created in righteousness, by righteousness, for righteousness. It is the faith that grabs onto this truth that will experience the truth of it.

Take these words before God for the confirmation or not of them.

Blessings,

Last edited:

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is what everybody else said? Chopped liver? lol
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
Let Him correct and prune us so that we might be perfectly fully-fruited-trees!
Luv u @Not me and like Nancy said, I luv all my peeps ~ whether you do or not! :D

Because I compliment one post, you see that as an insult to the rest.

Interesting standard of measurement. Does that apply to all?

Maybe it was just like I said, Christ used that post to cause me to die to a little more of self. And I wanted to share my joy with the one Christ used to bring it forth,

Blessings,

Edit;

I have a question; the scriptures you quoted, “Let the righteousness correct me”; who is the righteous, and the Him? These scriptures are about being corrected, who does the correcting?

Blessings

Last edited:

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I compliment one post, you see that as an insult to the rest.

Interesting standard of measurement. Does that apply to all?

Maybe it was just like I said, Christ used that post to cause me to die to a little more of self. And I wanted to share my joy with the one Christ used to bring it forth,

Blessings,

Edit;

I have a question; the scriptures you quoted, “Let the righteousness correct me”; who is the righteous, and the Him? These scriptures are about being corrected, who does the correcting?

Blessings
I'm sorry that I offended you. Afterward, I thought about what Pinacled might have thought about what/how I wrote because he moves in such peace, gentleness, and kindness, as you know. Perhaps I crammed the scriptures down your throat; that speak life to me. But my earnest desire, prayer, and failure to articulate are for you to see the truth in Episkopos' teaching. It amazes me that I can see it! And I want you to, too. That's all. Peace?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry that I offended you. Afterward, I thought about what Pinacled might have thought about what/how I wrote because he moves in such peace, gentleness, and kindness, as you know. Perhaps I crammed the scriptures down your throat; that speak life to me. But my earnest desire, prayer, and failure to articulate are for you to see the truth in Episkopos' teaching. It amazes me that I can see it! And I want you to, too. That's all. Peace?

As long as this is what the peace of Christ in your heart is teaching you, I wish you well.

You didn’t offend me, as with all, I wish you Christ.

Blessings,