Hidden with Christ in God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Good post bro.

And good thread @Not me .

For two decades I sat under a teaching that we better be careful because any moment God may say that we don't make the grade ..'out on your ear'

My kids sometimes got it right, and sometimes got it wrong...but they never lived under the fear that their dad and I would tell them they were losers.
My kids ( now 56 and 57 ) became solid believers , they had no 'teen years' doubting God. They had a security in the Father...and became strong Christians, and there children after then.

No sitting with a daisy plucking the flower...to see what their fate will be-
"He loves me He loves me not"...
I sat under it too, for far too long. Even though they would tell us that we were secure, yet there was still the underlaying message that we would be accepted or rejected based on our bahavior, whether that be for final salvation, or blessing today.

Nothing further from the truth! Of course the reason Jesus came was to provide a way to live with God in grace, and not in works.

You've got the calvinist tulip, and the arminionist daisy. Neither are correct. Enough of flowers!

Much love!
better be careful bc God has already said this crap will not make the grade, ok, sin is lurking at your door. You are accepted or rejected based upon your behavior, whether you choose to edit the relevant vv out of Scripture or not! All must come before the throne to be judged for their works done while in the body, whether good or evil.

Now you can find confession whenever you like, which leads to salvation, but the concept surely is not going to change no matter how many threads you or HR make on this, mmmkay?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"we" who?

The true saints of God. Not to be confused with "saved churchgoers".

People have set up a counterfeit system that claims Christ as their "saviour"...as if He was not already the saviour of all men.

Organizations and religious businesses try to market Jesus as if He was THEIR product to peddle.

But the true saints of God walk in Him...so that they walk as Jesus walked on the earth. In HIS perfected humanity. No counterfeit church can grasp this.

Reactions: faithfulness

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

People have set up a counterfeit system that claims Christ as their "saviour"...as if He was not already the saviour of all men.

Organizations and religious businesses try to market Jesus as if He was THEIR product to peddle.

But the true saints of God walk in Him...so that they walk as Jesus walked on the earth. In HIS perfected humanity. No counterfeit church can grasp this.

Come on...both you and @bbyrd009 are for sure wet blankets re the power of the Lord to save AND keep...as He promised.

You cry woe, woe woe unto man....'the man who never measures up'...you don't yourself, I don't, no one does, even those who think that they have nailed the thing. So what is your point?

Now IF you were preaching , encouraging, and calling out the overcomers , maybe I could amen you both...but you don't...your cry constantly - "no, no, you have it all wrong, we cannot ever rest in the Lord and trust His word."

And the other thing...your posts to @marks and @Not me are always in disagreement.
So, what happens to those like them and me who believe that God has done all things well and He is a Father that we can trust and rejoice in..for "In Him" we are what He says we are...( and lets throw H. Richards into the mix too) ...so if we are wrong, according to you...teaching error , what happens ?
Are we off Hell fire? Or do we lose the Prize of the High calling?...or do we lose our position in the kingdom? What is it you are not saying...because all that you are doing is disagreeing.

I will believe in the power of God to have done what He said He has done, until my dying breath. I am weak, He is strong...He remembers we are but worms. His Plan is a winning Plan, not a losing one. GOD WINS.

You must both live very miserable lives, always conscious of not being good enough, every time you wake up in the morning...never knowing ....

News flash, you never will be good enough...that is The Good News...
....so, tell us what is going to happen to those ( all) of us who are never good enough... Watching this space...

As for me and my house.....H

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

ah, so.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Come on...both you and @bbyrd009 are for sure wet blankets re the power of the Lord to save AND keep...as He promised.

You cry woe, woe woe unto man....'the man who never measures up'...you don't yourself, I don't, no one does, even those who think that they have nailed the thing. So what is your point?

Now IF you were preaching , encouraging, and calling out the overcomers , maybe I could amen you both...but you don't...your cry constantly - "no, no, you have it all wrong, we cannot ever rest in the Lord and trust His word."

And the other thing...your posts to @marks and @Not me are always in disagreement.
So, what happens to those like them and me who believe that God has done all things well and He is a Father that we can trust and rejoice in..for "In Him" we are what He says we are...( and lets throw H. Richards into the mix too) ...so if we are wrong, according to you...teaching error , what happens ?
Are we off Hell fire? Or do we lose the Prize of the High calling?...or do we lose our position in the kingdom? What is it you are not saying...because all that you are doing is disagreeing.

I will believe in the power of God to have done what He said He has done, until my dying breath. I am weak, He is strong...He remembers we are but worms. His Plan is a winning Plan, not a losing one. GOD WINS.

You must both live very miserable lives, always conscious of not being good enough, every time you wake up in the morning...never knowing ....

....so, tell us what is going to happen to those ( all) of us who are never good enough... Watching this space...

not sure what to say Helen, all will be judged for their works done while in the body, right. So what i am reading at least from you here is "confession-free salvation." So maybe you might splain how confession fits into your model, since HR will not

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
? i never think this, have no idea what you are talking about, sorry.

Neither one of you every seem to rejoice over what God has done for us.
Both of you are always focussing on what we all do not do?
Yes, it say all will be tried by Fire or what sort it is. We know that.

How can you possibly live a peaceful life believing all the time that you are not good enough for God? Because that is always what is spoken about ..correcting anyone who lives by seeing the victory of God , rather than the constant failure of man.

So, I ask you as I asked you in that other post. What is going to happen to you, me and everyone here who does not believe that in Jesus Christ God is well pleased with us. Because you do not believe that. So, as I asked...TELL US, so what is going to happen to everyone?

Sadly I have to run now....will look for your enlightening reply...H

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The thing is..I don't derive my happiness by thinking I'm more saved than anyone else. To me that's an unnecessary ego thing.

I can rest in God and HIS judgments (not my own). I fear God because I don't know how I will end up...as no one really knows (unless they make-believe they do). I think this is a good thing...to judge nothing before it's time. Paul said...I don't judge myself. He feared being a castaway from God because of so much grace he had been given.

To whom much is given MORE is required. So we are not meant to be smug...but just rejoice in the Lord regardless of any guarantee our own lack of faith would seem to want. Isn't God trustworthy without guarantees?

Ironically people want security like in a law. Yet these same people claim to be under grace.

But grace takes away the guarantees....it is freedom in Christ to act as we see fit.

Of course grace is the power from God to do what He did. When we are walking as Jesus walked in His power we can be SURE we are walking in God's salvation...and that we know Him. But grace comes with no guarantees. What will we use our freedom for tomorrow...or even the rest of the day? Will I be well pleasing to God with my decisions and actions? I can't know that. I can only hope so. :)

Our security is found in HIM...not in ourselves. God has no favourites. We must continue to be faithful and obedient if we want a good outcome to our lives. That's the thing...if we are deceived in this life...there is no going back afterwards. So we have to fear the Lord and get it right the first time (in this life).

How easy it is to be lulled to sleep in a false security. Nobody likes to woken from a deep sleep...so I don't expect many to appreciate my efforts. :)

But the only thing we have to lose is our smugness that we have been so favoured of God that we have nothing to fear from God's judgment.

I am a very happy and blessed man who doesn't need any false assurances in order to fully trust the Lord with everything. My experience is that rejoicing through all the trials of life make them sweet. :)

God is the Saviour of all men. But there is a dividing line...on DOING the will of God (or not). i won't post the dozens of verses that attest to that truth.

Peace...

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

How can you possibly live a peaceful life believing all the time that you are not good enough for God? Because that is always what is spoken about ..correcting anyone who lives by seeing the victory of God , rather than the constant failure of man.

So, I ask you as I asked you in that other post. What is going to happen to you, me and everyone here who does not believe that in Jesus Christ God is well pleased with us. Because you do not believe that. So, as I asked...TELL US, so what is going to happen to everyone?

LOL... :) We will all be judged by what we have done with what we have been given. It's a churchy type doctrinal thing that makes beliefs a salvation requirement. I don't hold to the traditions of men. The bible is very clear that we are to build our houses on the rock of DOING the commandments of God.

Religious beliefs satisfy the religious inclinations in people..but do nothing towards a right standing with God. God is looking for faith...not beliefs.

If a person does what is required by God without even knowing that those requirements exist...he will still be saved by what he did that pleased God ...fulfilling His righteous requirement.

The irony is that we, as believers in His words, should know more about God's requirements than others...but so often that is not the case! Quite the opposite. We get all confused away from the simplicity which is in Christ. We misread the bible...and then ignore the corrections from that same bible. We seem to want to take away the intent of God for things in order to use them for ourselves...to justify ourselves. There is a strong religious (from the fallen nature in man) desire for justification. People want security and assurance. Hence the thriving religious meat-market. ;)

The bible says...foolishness is bound up in a child...and that is also true of believers who stay on milk...and never progress to the meat of the truth in the word.

Who obeys the Father? Who does those things that are acceptable and even pleasing to Him?

They who fear the Lord and remain humble.

Isaiah 66:2
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is sad and a wonder that there are people that lay claim to Christ that think it’s there calling to stand in judgement of other believers. For they themselves are not listening to the Spirit of Christ in them for if they were they would see the sin in their actions. For it is no one’s place to stand in between the believer and their Savior. This is what the religious leaders of the day did. They refused to enter in and blocked all that would by saying, come follow me for I have the words of Christ. When in truth all the words of Christ are written individually in the heart of the believer by Christ Himself, for no man is arbiter of another man’s faith.

For these people put stumbling blocks in front of people’s way. They do not do what they preach others should do, just point fingers and say, this person is wrong because, than they find a scripture that backs up their interpretation of what pleases them and they put that forth as a spiritual teaching. Saying look at me for I am right, thereby elevating themselves above all. But these people God will deal with and make manifest in His time and their deeds with them.

For the Holy Spirit will convict all of sin regardless of who it is if that person is open to correction. Him that puts themselves above such a conviction saying I am not like that other believer because I am fill in blank is not wise. These people will continue to grow along side until God’s timing.

For by their fruits shall you know them, for their fruit they can not hide.

It is sad the such a post is necessary but to the hearts that are true they shall see.

But to those that are confused and are really trying their best to know God. Keep pressing in to Christ the best you know. For God sees all things and loves you with a never ending love. Will never leave or forsake you. Is drawing you to Him. Listen to what the Holy Spirit is speaking to your inner man. For in that fellowship between you and Him will you be able to tell truth from lie. What is of self and what is of Christ.

Blessings to all that would want to know the truth in all things.

Much love in Christ, Not me

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL... :) We will all be judged by what we have done with what we have been given. It's a churchy type doctrinal thing that makes beliefs a salvation requirement. I don't hold to the traditions of men. The bible is very clear that we are to build our houses on the rock of DOING the commandments of God.

Religious beliefs satisfy the religious inclinations in people..but do nothing towards a right standing with God. God is looking for faith...not beliefs.

If a person does what is required by God without even knowing that those requirements exist...he will still be saved by what he did that pleased God ...fulfilling His righteous requirement.

The irony is that we, as believers in His words, should know more about God's requirements than others...but so often that is not the case! Quite the opposite. We get all confused away from the simplicity which is in Christ. We misread the bible...and then ignore the corrections from that same bible. We seem to want to take away the intent of God for things in order to use them for ourselves...to justify ourselves. There is a strong religious (from the fallen nature in man) desire for justification. People want security and assurance. Hence the thriving religious meat-market. ;)

The bible says...foolishness is bound up in a child...and that is also true of believers who stay on milk...and never progress to the meat of the truth in the word.

Who obeys the Father? Who does those things that are acceptable and even pleasing to Him?

They who fear the Lord and remain humble.

Isaiah 66:2
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
What "requirements?"

You seem to overstate what Christ summarized in just 2 commandments.

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What "requirements?"

You seem to overstate what Christ summarized in just 2 commandments.

But these should not be understated. Love is the fulfillment of the law. Love covers a multitude of sins. So then people from all over the world who do this are considered acceptable to God. No need to hold to any kind of religious belief system.

The good Samaritan parable is a good example of the kind of truth that shocks the religious mind. How could God justify an infidel?

And God will continue to scandalize religious people. We could replace Samaritan with Muslim...and get the same kind of self-righteous reaction that Jesus got. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But these should not be understated. Love is the fulfillment of the law. Love covers a multitude of sins. So then people from all over the world who do this are considered acceptable to God. No need to hold to any kind of religious belief system.

You've only mentioned the one commandment, two were mentioned. The one you didn't mention happens to conflict with the part bolded above. This is revealing. You may reconsider that other commandment, to believe in Jesus. That's the Bible. But if the Bible is just another holy book among many, then I understand better where you may be coming from.

Is salvation found in anyone besides through Jesus' death and resurrection? Do you believe there are others? Myself, I don't, it's in Jesus alone.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

so, youre avoiding the relevant post, and i'm not going to get your pov on how confession leads to salvation, more or less?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok, so i'm not in that "we" then, just makin sure

The race of faith is open to all who believe. No one is born a saint. And even a born again person is "called" to be a saint. It is a high calling. But it is God who enables us to fly to the heavens by His grace. It is His work, the work of God, that we can believe INTO Christ. So we can keep asking, seeking and knocking while we yet have breath...that the Father would translate us (rapture) into that higher walk in the Spirit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The race of faith is open to all who believe. No one is born a saint. And even a born again person is "called" to be a saint. It is a high calling. But it is God who enables us to fly to the heavens by His grace. It is His work, the work of God, that we can believe INTO Christ. So we can keep asking, seeking and knocking while we yet have breath...that the Father would translate us (rapture) into that higher walk in the Spirit.
ah, so

as long as its understood i do not include myself in that "we"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The good Samaritan parable is a good example of the kind of truth that shocks the religious mind. How could God justify an infidel?

And God will continue to scandalize religious people. We could replace Samaritan with Muslim...and get the same kind of self-righteous reaction that Jesus got. :)
That is a much better position. Even so, I would have to say that Muslims and Samaritans are not on par...but I get your point, and agree.

The problem that comes from overstating, however, is that love becomes religion and religion becomes law, and then we have a sect of believers who are trained up under a militant approach which is not love at all. On the other end of the love and commandments issue, are those who take love to mean without wrath, without justice, without righteousness or even holiness; a version of God without any dividing of light from darkness, and no accountability. All of which demands our bringing both to the table whenever we come, never overstating, never understating.

Those who are not against us are on our side.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It is sad and a wonder that there are people that lay claim to Christ that think it’s there calling to stand in judgement of other believers
no one is standing in any judgement of any other believers, ok. First off, you aint got no beliefs bro, not a single one, and if you think you do then bam state it and lets see; but we aready been down this path, huh. Second, those who presume to teach are held to a higher standard, that is not being met here, quite obviously.

Now you can dance around the obvious and avoid Scripture as long as you like, bc i will not be reaping from that, and i would never judge you if that was simply one of your "beliefs," which member i said you dont have, and i could prove that real easy i think. So, ball in your court, ok, my position right now is you are full of crap and wont stand in the light long enough for that to become clear, and you will keep teaching manure bc that is what your Absolute Truths demand.

have a nice day, ok, and i wish you the best in your satanic, deceived quest for immortality my brother.