Hidden with Christ in God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
IMG_0170.JPG
and believe it or not "ignorant" there is nothing wrong with at all, see, i am ignorant of many, many things myself, as we all are, even if we have made this into a dirty word. Idiots why bother though, ok

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so, youre avoiding the relevant post, and i'm not going to get your pov on how confession leads to salvation, more or less?

Who is avoiding???

Once you answer my questions to you in my original post...then I will for sure answer yours. All you have done is ignore mine, and only responded with a question of your own. You are sidestepping.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But to those that are confused and are really trying their best to know God. Keep pressing in to Christ the best you know. For God sees all things and loves you with a never ending love. Will never leave or forsake you. Is drawing you to Him. Listen to what the Holy Spirit is speaking to your inner man. For in that fellowship between you and Him will you be able to tell truth from lie. What is of self and what is of Christ.
Amen!

Reactions: Not me

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How is avoiding???

Once you answer my questions to you in my original post...then I will for sure answer yours. All you have done is ignore mine, and only responded with a question of your own. You are sidestepping.
Helen, you do not ever have to splain to me how confession does not fit into your model, ok, and if you have any valid Qs that are not deflections away from the relevant Scriptures that already address your warped teachings, i will do my best to answer them below that next paragraph too. But imo you are playing "nevermind that, what about this" now, and no offense but i'm just not interested, ok?

You are free to believe whatever you like, and i am free to mention in passing that teaching it is not going to go without comment here. What kinda cats you got, sweetie, lets do cats ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Neither one of you every seem to rejoice over what God has done for us.
who is "us" Helen, specifically. ty.
How can you possibly live a peaceful life believing all the time that you are not good enough for God?
i think i have made more than clear that i do not believe that at all, as who told you that you were naked? quite obviously to me at least also makes clear. The sins of the whole world have been atoned for, and that is the only "us" i care to be a member of, ok? Not saying that your "us"s sins are not atoned for too, but that your "us" has cloistered themselves by choice from my "us," right, bc they have said a magic incantation, made a profession, and they now believe that they might go up to heaven after they have died, yes?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But these should not be understated. Love is the fulfillment of the law. Love covers a multitude of sins. So then people from all over the world who do this are considered acceptable to God. No need to hold to any kind of religious belief system.

The good Samaritan parable is a good example of the kind of truth that shocks the religious mind. How could God justify an infidel?

And God will continue to scandalize religious people. We could replace Samaritan with Muslim...and get the same kind of self-righteous reaction that Jesus got. :)

I do believe you misunderstand the meaning of this parable.

The parable of the Good Samaritan was not about God justifying an infidel. It was about putting forth an example of someone doing a act of righteousness. To say this man had his sins removed by this act of righteousness is putting forth a misinterpretation.

Blessings to all that would be willing to take my post before God and ask Him about the truth or falseness in it.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So, I ask you as I asked you in that other post. What is going to happen to you, me and everyone here who does not believe that in Jesus Christ God is well pleased with us. Because you do not believe that.
that is not true, i believe that just fine, i just would not testify of myself as being "in Christ," while you are perfectly free to do so if you like. Commend yourselves to each other also, should you desire. Ignore twice the sons of hell you are and seven worse spirits and any other vv that make you uncomfortable, ok, i have no comment on that whatsoever.

try teaching it though, and expect to be held to a different standard, ok?
See, i am not even saying you are wrong,i am saying i believe you are wrong; but i would not even venture a guess w/o more info, i might e misunderstanding you, you might be using a term diff than i understand it, all kinda things could be going on, ok
So, as I asked...TELL US, so what is going to happen to everyone?
and , as i have repplied many, many times before, and this will not change unles Scripture does or i get some further clarification on the matter, which is entirely possible,
you and your sons will be here with me

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
who is "us" Helen, specifically. ty.

Mark, that is just another sidestep...and it is getting OLD, you use it over and over. Drop all your favourite little Cliché's and answer with a straight sentence.

In post #24 My first post.
I asked Epi and you.
Quote>- "You cry woe, woe woe unto man....- 'the man who never measures up'...you don't yourself, I don't, no one does, even those who think that they have nailed the thing. So what is your point?
...you both cry constantly - "no, no, you have it all wrong, we cannot ever rest in the Lord and trust His word."

And the other thing...your posts to @marks and @Not me are always in disagreement.
So, what happens to those like them and me who believe that God has done all things well and He is a Father that we can trust and rejoice in..for "In Him" we are what He says we are...( and lets throw H. Richards into the mix too) ...so if we are wrong, according to you...teaching error , what happens ?
Are we off Hell fire? Or do we lose the Prize of the High calling?...or do we lose our position in the kingdom?
What is it you are not saying...because all that you are doing is disagreeing
. ">

There are questions there still unanswered.
THEN we will get to our "repentant free salvation" (and false security that Epi calls it. )

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Putting forth more straw men to put forth your religion.

The parable of the Good Samaritan was not about God justifying an infidel. It was about putting forth an example of someone doing a act of righteousness. To say this man had his sins removed by this act of righteousness is putting forth a false doctrine.

Blessings to all that would be willing to take my post before God and ask Him about the truth or falseness in it.

its crap imo, a vapid excuse to ignore Scripture that does not comport with your absolute truths, and i at least will be going and doing likewise, just like the pimps and the hoes that are beating Christians into the kingdom bro.

You are not the arbiter if what that v means, see, regardless of whether you talk like you are or not. You do not know.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Mark, that is just another sidestep...and it is getting OLD, you use it over and over. Drop all your favourite little Cliché's and answer with a straight sentence.

In post #24 My first post.
I asked Epi and you.
Quote>- "You cry woe, woe woe unto man....- 'the man who never measures up'...you don't yourself, I don't, no one does, even those who think that they have nailed the thing. So what is your point?
...you both cry constantly - "no, no, you have it all wrong, we cannot ever rest in the Lord and trust His word."

And the other thing...your posts to @marks and @Not me are always in disagreement.
So, what happens to those like them and me who believe that God has done all things well and He is a Father that we can trust and rejoice in..for "In Him" we are what He says we are...( and lets throw H. Richards into the mix too) ...so if we are wrong, according to you...teaching error , what happens ?
Are we off Hell fire? Or do we lose the Prize of the High calling?...or do we lose our position in the kingdom?
What is it you are not saying...because all that you are doing is disagreeing
. ">

There are questions there still unanswered.
THEN we will get to our "repentant free salvation" (and false security that Epi calls it. )
what happens to you? i guess you reap what you sow? done in ignorance you wouldreceive less punishment, but then everyone here has preety much been made abundantly aware of the Naive Dialectic at this point, yet almost no one chooses to use it, right, so i dunno if "ignorance" is going to fly or not.

but we might look at historical examples of believers who taught what was later revealed to be ignorant doctrine i guess, lotta them still doing fine near as i can tell. Jimmy Swag, rollin, ballin even i guess. I didnt say dont teach it either, ok? Teach that heinous crap all you like, no problem for me
All i got is an opinion, period, and we are just talking ok. About everything but confession, which is not rebound (repentance, to you), apparently, but then that is your choice too ok? You do not have to give me a reason for the hope that is in you, and we can talk about me for the rest of the day if that makes you more comfortable, fine. I have six cats.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its crap imo, a vapid excuse to ignore Scripture that does not comport with your absolute truths, and i at least will be going and doing likewise, just like the pimps and the hoes that are beating Christians into the kingdom bro.

You are not the arbiter if what that v means, see, regardless of whether you talk like you are or not. You do not know.

If you don’t believe my words why don’t you do as I suggested in my post and take my post before God and ask Him the truth or falseness of them.

Blessings, for God does exist and He loves you greatly.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
we cannot ever rest in the Lord and trust His word."

My question is always...which word? Can we take a verse we like the sound of and say...I like this one..I'll take it, as if the bible was a verse supermarket where by you just fill your cart with whatever tickles your fancy?

What I am saying is that truth is always attached to other truth. You can't dissect it and take what you want.

Can you trust the words of Jesus that say..."you are poor, naked, wretched and blind"??? Can you rest assured that that is true?

If you can then we are in agreement. We need to take the whole truth or none at all. :)

Avoiding the truth is like buying a house next to a swamp and saying...I'll take the house but I don't want the swamp. In this world you could have the house moved. But the words of the Lord can never be moved. That's the difference. That's the respect and fear that needs to accompany a hearing of the words from God.

The presence of God is BOTH in the fear of the Lord AND the comfort of the Holy Spirit. Only God can produce such an effect.

Acts 9:31 So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it multiplied.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I fear God because I don't know how I will end up...as no one really knows (unless they make-believe they do). I think this is a good thing...to judge nothing before it's time. Paul said...I don't judge myself. He feared being a castaway from God because of so much grace he had been given.

To whom much is given MORE is required. So we are not meant to be smug...but just rejoice in the Lord regardless of any guarantee our own lack of faith would seem to want. Isn't God trustworthy without guarantees?

Ironically people want security like in a law. Yet these same people claim to be under grace.

But grace takes away the guarantees....it is freedom in Christ to act as we see fit.

Of course grace is the power from God to do what He did. When we are walking as Jesus walked in His power we can be SURE we are walking in God's salvation...and that we know Him. But grace comes with no guarantees. What will we use our freedom for tomorrow...or even the rest of the day? Will I be well pleasing to God with my decisions and actions? I can't know that. I can only hope so. :)

Our security is found in HIM...not in ourselves. God has no favourites. We must continue to be faithful and obedient if we want a good outcome to our lives. That's the thing...if we are deceived in this life...there is no going back afterwards. So we have to fear the Lord and get it right the first time (in this life).

How easy it is to be lulled to sleep in a false security. Nobody likes to woken from a deep sleep...so I don't expect many to appreciate my efforts. :)

But the only thing we have to lose is our smugness that we have been so favoured of God that we have nothing to fear from God's judgment.

I am a very happy and blessed man who doesn't need any false assurances in order to fully trust the Lord with everything. My experience is that rejoicing through all the trials of life make them sweet. :)

God is the Saviour of all men. But there is a dividing line...on DOING the will of God (or not). i won't post the dozens of verses that attest to that truth.

Peace...

Agree, we don't need a thousand verses to prove a point. We know our bibles.
It ALWAYS seems as if the problem is not in knowing our bibles, but always in
the interpretation.

1 The thing is , with you one can never tell if you are talking about 'losing our salvation' or- losing the high calling... you flip about unclearly.

You know as well as anyone, Paul did not fear for his salvation. He was secure in what he believed.
Phil 2.14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. "

His fear re being a castaway, was missing in the mark , unapproved, falling short of his high calling.
THAT is the only thing we have to be concerned about.
But you write as if every moment we stand in jeopardy of losing our salvation!! If that is the case lets all quit now and go home...eat , drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.
A total insult to the keeping power of God.

Pauls 'running in the race' was to be found in Him, qualified as an overcomer.
He never feared for his salvation, just the opposite he wrote of what it means to be "in Christ" and constantly speaks of joy, rejoicing, and giving thanks...for what?
A salvation that stands in jeopardy every moment? o_O

Also-
Rom 8
9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

You wrote about being a castaway...then later you say - " Our security is found in Him, not in ourselves. " You say that after just saying that you are not secure...and accusing us of teaching 'false security' .

I don't know where to grab your posts.

I was going to take you post point by point...but I think this is going to be fruitless thing.

I used to believe that we were quite close on many things...but I am finding we are very far apart ...on this especially.
I knew it was @bbyrd009 position ( or non-position) I did not know it was yours before now.
I never knew that this was your stand...it has been quite the eye opener for me.

........H

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But you write as if every moment we stand in jeopardy of losing our salvation!!

I think trying to fit your way of thinking on top of mine is a fruitless venture. I don't see salvation as a done deal...but as a race. I see our refuge is to be IN Christ. Outside of that we are open to the elements, so to speak.

Judge nothing before it's time. So we do come in and out of an abiding in Christ...like sheep going in and out of pasture. And all of this for the larger purpose of making us to grow into the full stature of Christ.

In the meantime we are still in the oven...still cooking. The meal that is us isn't ready to be served yet. So then we are incomplete until God takes us out of the oven to prepare a meal of us for His Father...if you get the imagery.

When somebody claims to be eternally saved before the time, it is like they are saying that a half-baked meal is ready to eat.

Paul feared being a castaway...cast away from the presence of God forever.

We will only be judged once. So we work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Do you see how so many of these obscure ideas from the bible somehow line up exactly with what I am saying??

Peace big sister... :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
all i asked was for clarification Helen, and i read that whole post and i still do not know who you meant by "us," ok?

To Epi and you it would mean myself , Marks and Not me...
I only found two "us" spoken to Epi...which is here= Quote
News flash, you never will be good enough...that is The Good News...
....so, tell us what
( Myself , Marks , Not me) is going to happen to those ( all) of us who are never good enough... Watching this space...

the second 'us' is every living man.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To Epi and you it would mean myself , Marks and Not me...
I only found two "us" spoken to Epi...which is here= Quote
News flash, you never will be good enough...that is The Good News...
....so, tell us what
( Myself , Marks , Not me) is going to happen to those ( all) of us who are never good enough... Watching this space...

the second 'us' is every living man.

The judgment of God's house happens first. There are winners and losers. There are rewards and losses. The range of these is far greater than the separation of the rich and poor in this life. There will be those who reign with Christ. And there will be beggars in the streets of the nations. Vessels of honour AND vessels of dishonour. Vessels of glory and vessels of shame.

God does this to show the contrast. If there were no riches then we wouldn't know what poverty is. If there was no health we wouldn't know what sickness is.

God does things on a grand scale. So then from the same lump...He makes things both good and bad.

If we are humble and fear the Lord...we will likely not be chosen to be a vessel of dishonour. As for the rest...we will all see soon enough.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think trying to fit your way of thinking on top of mine is a fruitless venture. I don't see salvation as a done deal...but as a race. I see our refuge is to be IN Christ. Outside of that we are open to the elements, so to speak.

Okay, got it. Yes fruitless. enough said.

1 John "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
Continual and forever.

It is not 'the bible' , but our interpretation of what we read.

In the meantime we are still in the oven...still cooking. The meal that is us isn't ready to be served yet. So then we are incomplete until God takes us out of the oven to prepare a meal of us for His Father...if you get the imagery.
:rolleyes:

And you call that the gospel..the GOOD NEWS!

And there was silly old John Newton penning Amazing Grace ..."when we've been there a thousand years.." He forgot the "maybe".
And all the wonderful old hymns...all written on a 'by guess and by golly'.
'Maybe, or maybe not...but just 'hope so'.

I do not live by a hope so...I was not called as a hope so.
You keep your 'Pauls fear of being lost' I'm sure he is thrilled ...(but don't forget to dump all the other things he said.)

Yes we will just agree to differ my brother. God bless. :oops:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you don’t believe my words why don’t you do as I suggested in my post and take my post before God and ask Him the truth or falseness of them.

Blessings, for God does exist and He loves you greatly.

i did, and that was my reply, and as much as i would love to be agreeing with you, i just cant, sorry.

ex·ist
/iɡˈzist/
verb
  1. 1.
    have objective reality or being.
    "there existed no organization to cope with espionage"
    synonyms: live, be alive, be living, have life, breathe, draw breath; More

2. 2.
    live, especially under adverse conditions.
    "only a minority of people exist on unemployment benefits alone"
    synonyms: survive, subsist, live, stay alive, support oneself, eke out a living, eke out an existence; More

And wadr God does not exist, unless you can fit Him into one of those definitions?
    Doesnt mean that Abba is not very real, but again you are not the arbiter here, and neither am i, but see only one of us is talking as if we were, yeh?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And wadr God does not exist, unless you can fit Him into one of those definitions?
Doesnt mean that Abba is not very real,
Um . . . you seem to be the arbiter here. But what are you saying? God does not exist? OK. And Abba is real. Who is your Abba? if not the God of the Bible?