Hillsong (Hellsong) Megachurch Exposed (TLC Series)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finally, some transparent dialog. Thanks.

Can you seriously hang that judgment on EVERY church out there? (liars and thieves)
The majority are fine. When we hear about this stuff you are referring to, it is a SCANDAL.
For obvious reasons. And this hurts the church at large, the Body of Christ.

So, what should we do? Abandon the church, the Body of Christ, because of a few scandals?
The church is doing plenty of good. But NO ONE wants to talk about that. Why?

Should we really be shouting from the rooftops that the Body of Christ are a bunch of liars and thieves?
Come on man, I've always followed orthodox churches as they are more honest. But these money making super churches, really? Well it's been interesting but St SteVen, do you really follow that rubbish.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on man, I've always followed orthodox churches as they are more honest. But these money making super churches, really? Well it's been interesting but St SteVen, do you really follow that rubbish.
I see. You are slamming these churches because they are Protestant? Is that right?

Oh my, as if orthodox churches aren't "money making super churches"?
Doesn't the Catholic Church own more property than any other institution?

Have you read this?

The story is famous of the discourse between Pope Innocent IV and Thomas Aquinas. When that great scholar came to Rome, and looked somewhat amazedly upon the mass of plate and treasure which he saw, Lo, said the Pope, you see Thomas, we cannot say as St Peter did of old, silver and gold have we none. No, said Aquinas, neither can you command, as he did, the lame man to arise and walk. — Bishop Hall

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

THE CC.

4 Highlights include...

Ecclesiae occidentalis schisma....., was a split within the Catholic Church lasting from 1378 to 1417
At that time it had 3 Popes.

(Pope Joan can't be confirmed)

The Father of Gnosticism : Valentinus.....almost became a Pope. There are conflicting reasons..... so, we'll go with one of them.
He didn't want to do it.

The "Dark ages" were created and maintained by the "Cult of Mary" that is the original Title of the CC.

The CC Burned Joan of Arc to death for false reasons...., and later decided they'd make her a Catholic Saint.
The 2 Bishops that were gleefully watching her Burn, that manipulated the situation , the false accusations...all of it... . .heard her Calling out to Jesus from the stake, when she was on fire...., and before she was ashes and bones, still smoking, they realized they'd made a "grave mistake".
They made up for it tho.

"SAINT Joan of Arc".

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see. You are slamming these churches because they are Protestant? Is that right?

Oh my, as if orthodox churches aren't "money making super churches"?

Have you read this?

The story is famous of the discourse between Pope Innocent IV and Thomas Aquinas. When that great scholar came to Rome, and looked somewhat amazedly upon the mass of plate and treasure which he saw, Lo, said the Pope, you see Thomas, we cannot say as St Peter did of old, silver and gold have we none. No, said Aquinas, neither can you command, as he did, the lame man to arise and walk. — Bishop Hall
The Catholic church isn't perfect and it has it's flaws. But that is far from the money making mega churches. Sorry I don't follow anything else.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic church isn't perfect and it has it's flaws. But that is far from the money making mega churches. Sorry I don't follow anything else.
Maybe you should contact @Stumpmaster about some timber removal.

Matthew 7:4 KJV
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait...
We are complaining about Hillsong being a business, but now someone is selling the expose' documentary? - LOL
What's wrong with this picture?
It's broadcast on FX channel and live stream is on Hulu.

Selling copies of documentaries are at the option of the broadcaster.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Sarcasm.Just another service you offer Christian's here.

Maybe you should stop defending a cult that has a history of child sex abuse, rape, and molestation.

While you are dead wrong about Christians having no right to judge, you are at the same time the hypocrite that judges here.

And clearly has no problem with Hillsong pastors numerous sins.

Reactions: dev553344

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sarcasm.Just another service you offer Christian's here.
My pleasure. I thought it was my spiritual gift. - LOL
Maybe you should stop defending a cult that has a history of child sex abuse, rape, and molestation.
What were you saying about Orthodoxy?
While you are dead wrong about Christians having no right to judge, you are at the same time the hypocrite that judges here.
I'll let the readers enjoy that comment. - LOL
And clearly has no problem with Hillsong pastors numerous sins.
No. What I have a problem with is a topic that attacks the Body of Christ.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My pleasure. I thought it was my spiritual gift. - LOL

What were you saying about Orthodoxy?

I'll let the readers enjoy that comment. - LOL

No. What I have a problem with is a topic that attacks the Body of Christ.
Thank you for reiterating in your own words my observation that you have no idea what is being discussed regarding Hillsong.

I'm sure Christians here know what you are by now.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well I think the Lord would want us to worship him in reverence. And that Catholics do that. Mega churches not so much.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well I think the Lord would want us to worship him in reverence. And that Catholics do that. Mega churches not so much.
Formality, pageantry, and ritual does pass for reverence in some quarters, as does silence among Quakers, and raising hands, vocalising, and clapping in some evangelical gatherings.

Reactions: Pathfinder7