Holiness or Hell. God's command to His people!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sound doctrine allows building with precious metals and stones. Ephesians 2:22 2Timothy 2:20 1Peter 2:5
Poor doctrine builds without value and is temporal at the time of judgement. 2 Timothy 2:20 James 1:10-11
It is quality not quantity that is being tested with fire, and salvation is not in question and neither is personal deeds. Ephesians 2:8-9
But as I continually stress all glory must be given to God. Psalms 127:1

Through holy living we are presenting the example to be followed by others, thereby the light God instilled in us has been placed on the lamp stand. Matthew 5:14-16

By exhorting others to the same we also build with precious metals and stones not due to the work we do rather in accordance with the work God prepared for us beforehand. Ephesians 1:11 Ephesians 2:10

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
John Zain said:
But who has been perfected forever?
But who are saved by grace?
But who gets the free gift?
You say those who simply have believed! ... this is OSAS talking.
No such thing.

Your view makes all of the many warnings to the churches seem ridiculous.
I have never been a promoter of the OSAS doctrine, thank you. However, I do promote the idea that is presented in Heb.6:1-6, that a person is saved only once. In fact, since this is the case, we need to question any contrary notion that a person can be saved/lost/saved, etc. This is impossible. Therefore we may want to study and discuss just what it is that may bring a person out of that which we call salvation (falling away). If it is sin, then we are all doomed. You may want to check out my reply in the bible study section entitled "Adam created perfect?"

But FYI, if I say the free gift is given to those who believe, then it is because I am quoting scripture. Try reading Rom. ch.5, or 10:9,10. If you disagree with those passages, then I suggest you take it up with God. He inspired them, not me.
As well, the so called warnings that you refer to do not imply that one's behavior is that which is keeping him in right standing with God. We experience warnings from our own parents when in thier care. The consequences are not banishment, but rather chastening. God tells us that whom He loves, He rebukes and chastens. Call these warnings if you prefer, but I suggest we don't take them out of context.

We have this treasure (the new man) in earthen vessels (2Cor.4:7). We are admonished to walk according to the new man (created in righteousness and holiness..Eph.4:24). This is not a warning to do so OR ELSE. It is merely an instruction to line up our lives with that which has been accomplished by God in us. That which you call a warning (OR ELSE REJECTION) may simply be a reflection of an already implanted impression that our salvation hinges on our performance. The bible says otherwise. If anyone is in Christ..HE IS A NEW CREATION. ...not going to be...IS cheers, Howie