Holy Spirit is not Holy Ghost — debate on!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying One of your God-Beings sent Himself, FILLS people with Himself, SPLIT Himself into PORTIONS, teaches, inspires, and speaks through Himself as a Ghost?
I just notice this post.
Question, who was sent, or came? scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". so God is coming and SAVE us. who came and saved us. scripture, Isaiah 45:21-22 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else".
Hmmmmmm............. God came and and it was God who saved us. and God here is reference as I the LORD. Hmmm, that's LORD all caps. let's see, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour".

now the JW bible, the NWT it says, "Jehovah" came, meaning the YHWH, the Father, the ALMIGHTY. well guess what they are right, not in name but in PERSON. yes the LORD all caps came. but for some there is a stumbling block, a Stone of stumbling that they fall over time and time again. and this is their stumbling block, their ROCK of offense, Luke 2:11 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord". but did not Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour".
that seems straight forward. NO SAVIOUR BESIDE HIM.

well what's the answer? diversified oneness holds the answer. but if anyone else can explain these passages, and reconcile them by the scriptures, put it on the table, and let's discuss them.

Is't the bible GREAT.

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G: I just notice this post.
Question, who was sent, or came? scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". so God is coming and SAVE us.
Question: That was a prophecy of How Jehovah, Israel's God and Savior, would soon deliver them from captivity to Babylon.
He did. He did it before: Isa 19:1-
Behold, Jehovah rideth upon a swift cloud, and cometh unto Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall tremble at his presence; and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it. Jehovah never literally rode a cloud, anymore than Jesus will; clouds were used to convey things happening in Heaven...

101G: who came and saved us. scripture, Isaiah 45:21-22 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else".
Hmmmmmm............. God came and and it was God who saved us. and God here is reference as I the LORD. Hmmm, that's LORD all caps. let's see, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour".

Question: Jehovah was speaking to Israel, which had begun to worship the imaginary Gods of the nations. At Daniel 2 and 7, for example, He clearly foretells that He will send ANOTHER Savior.

Nice exercise of your imagination.
Reading the Triune Polytheism into the Bible NEVER works....

Is't the bible GREAT.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: KBCid

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No such thing as "ghosts".
There ARE demons, tho...

Again and again...nothing new to say then..yawn :rolleyes:

Try something new...is that all you have in your bag of tricks?
Surely you can do a little bit better than that!? :D

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question, who was sent, or came? scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". so God is coming and SAVE us.
Question: That was a prophecy of How Jehovah, Israel's God and Savior, would soon deliver them from captivity to Babylon.
He did. He did it before: Isa 19:1-
Behold, Jehovah rideth upon a swift cloud, and cometh unto Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall tremble at his presence; and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it. Jehovah never literally rode a cloud, anymore than Jesus will; clouds were used to convey things happening in Heaven...

101G: who came and saved us. scripture, Isaiah 45:21-22 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else".

Question: Jehovah was speaking to Israel, which had begun to worship the imaginary Gods of the nations. At Daniel 2 and 7, for example, He clearly foretells that He will send ANOTHER Savior.

Nice exercise of your imagination.
Reading the Triune Polytheism into the Bible NEVER works....

Is't the bible GREAT.
[/QUOTE]
So I can take that as a NO, you can't answer.

It's amazing when asked of a question I response with an answer, but when I ask a question, can't get an answer, but just vain babbling.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's amazing when asked of a question I response with an answer, but when I ask a question, can't get an answer, but just vain babbling.[/QUOTE]

What's amazing is the you don't see the answer in front of you.
Blind as a bat without sonar....

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's amazing when asked of a question I response with an answer, but when I ask a question, can't get an answer, but just vain babbling.

Blind as a bat without sonar....[/QUOTE]
well that's why I asking... :D. and your answer please.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blind as a bat without sonar....
well that's why I asking... :D. and your answer please.[/QUOTE]

A GAIN~

Question, who was sent, or came? scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will comewith vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". so God is coming and SAVE us.

He did.
He did it before: Isa 19:1- Behold, Jehovah rideth upon a swift cloud, and cometh unto Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall tremble at his presence; and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it. Jehovah never literally rode a cloud, anymore than Jesus will; clouds were used to convey things happening in Heaven...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question, who was sent, or came? scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will comewith vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". so God is coming and SAVE us.

LOL, LOL, LOL, this is the biggest ERROR I have ever seen. How Ignorant can one be, did you not read the following verses?, I guess you didn't, so we'll give them, Isaiah 35:5 "Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.Isaiah 35:6 "Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

ok question, when did the eyes of the blind was open when he delivered them from captivity from Babylonians? book chapter and verse. and when deaf heard after the captivity from Babylonians?, or the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing. you been lied to with that answer you gave. the scriptures are true, a stone of stumbling. for a workman is not a shame who "rightly divide" the word of God. what a shame giving a dumb answer like that.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, LOL, LOL, this is the biggest ERROR I have ever seen. How Ignorant can one be, did you not read the following verses?, I guess you didn't, so we'll give them, Isaiah 35:5 "Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.Isaiah 35:6 "Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

ok question, when did the eyes of the blind was open when he delivered them from captivity from Babylonians? book chapter and verse. and when deaf heard after the captivity from Babylonians?, or the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing. you been lied to with that answer you gave. the scriptures are true, a stone of stumbling. for a workman is not a shame who "rightly divide" the word of God. what a shame giving a dumb answer like that.

Oh GODFREY! That was not in your quote.
Often he would reveal different things in the same prophecy.
But, YES, they WERE blind- that is how they ended UP in Babylon. Now they were able to HEAR again, and they lept for joy to be free again.

But, I know what you're trying to do- twist it to imply that God would become lower than the angels and be murdered by His creation....
yawn

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, you're blind, and lame...... (smile).
no scripture out of your mouth, only vain jangling. since I see you don't know anything, or can answer anything or hold a discussion, but just conversate. I will end my conversation with you. because the only thing you want to do is talk, and that's what facebook and tweeter are for. so see ya.